New Volkswagen Polo & Vento Coming in 2018

Thread Starter #1
VW betting big on emerging markets like India, Brazil and China.

The new platform is internally called 'Emerging Market MQB A0'. The goal is to churn out as many cars as possible for the entire VW Group such as Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi and Skoda in the shortest possible time to take on competition actively, without major investment subsequently.

48662288.jpg

The first model on the MQB A0 is likely to be the Vento NF - or Nach Folger, which means successor in German - planned for 2018-19, the people said. Eventually, all the models sold in India (Polo, Vento, Fabia, Rapid and a few utility vehicles) would move to this modern architecture, giving the company flexibility.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/cars/vw-betting-big-on-emerging-markets-like-india-china-brazil-with-new-vehicle-architecture/48662285

Last edited:
Re: VW - New Vento & Polo - 2018

would this mean that all the cars from volkswagen to Audi would look dangerously similar?

As it is the volkswagen cars from polo vento to passat to jetta all look very very similar. Audis look similar. So do skodas.

I guess the success of the cars would then lie on the inherent design template. Hyundai got is right with their fludic designs Same designs were applied on i20, creta, verna, i10 grand and they were a runway hit. Image if this fludic had not worked. Entire car range would have been a flop show. I might be wrong in this assumption. So kindly correct me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: VW - New Vento & Polo - 2018

would this mean that all the cars from volkswagen to Audi would look dangerously similar?
As it is the Volkswagen cars from polo vento to passat to jetta all look very very similar. Audis look similar. So do skodas.
Yes, each brand and their family of sub brands will like to keep their identity in design, be it exterior or interiors, termed as the family look. ( saves cost due to part sharing, tooling etc.)

So even in this case of a new platform they will presumably keep it that way.

Re: New Volkswagen Polo and Vento Coming in 2018

A case of not-so-famous wine in a new bottle I suppose. How about investing in improving the after sales? After all, what is the use of launching new products when you cannot back it up? Why do you even want to try volumes VAG. You are already cast out. Mass market will not even touch you no matter what unless you improve after-sales. Just stop with this Vento/Polo circus and focus on Jetta/Octavia and other so-called premium offerings. Ensure at least you are backing them. Forget mass market or volume segment. You will never achieve it in million years unless you improve after sales.

Thread Starter #6

New VENTO Rendered, will be a bit more bigger than the current GEN. Expect a premium price to te 2018 Vento.

VW-PLATAFORMA-MQB-A0-BRASIL-4.jpg

Source:IAB

Thread Starter #7

2018 NEW Polo for Europe. NOT coming to India . India to get a hatchback in 2019 as an Emerging Market Product developed for China .

2017-volkswagen-polo-photographed-without-any-camo-in-south-africa-116251_1.jpg
2017-volkswagen-polo-photographed-without-any-camo-in-south-africa_1.jpg

Polo

Thread Starter #8

Launching on 16th June, the Sixth GEN Polo for Europe. India will not get this global product but likely a watered down product from the Skoda Alliance is likely to take on the hatchback segment in India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ2c79b4y0U

Thread Starter #9

2018 Polo , launching today!

2018_volkswagen_polo_leaked_02.jpg

Source:caradvice

Top Bottom