Mahindra Marazzo: New MUV By Mahindra

Thread Starter #1
Just when news on TUV3OO is out, now comes the news of a NEW SUV from Mahindra, replacement to Bolero?.

M&M has made the TUV300 on a new platform and it will be retaining this platform to make many more vehicles, the next being the TUV500. The TUV500 will be a full-size SUV (UV2 segment) and it will priced around the Scorpio.
The TUV300 comes with a 1.5-litre diesel engine and will be launched in orange colour. The TUV500 will follow the same family design and it will be targeting rural car buyers looking to buy a modern SUV. This will replace the Bolero in 2017, once the new crash norms are in place. The TUV500 will get the same 1.5-litre diesel engine, but it will be producing about 100bhp of power and will come with a five-speed manual transmission and AMT (automated manual transmission). The TUV500 will be a proper seven-seater with more room for the three row passengers and Mahindra will be looking at exporting it as well.
http://motoroctane.com/news/17227-mahindra-tuv500-coming-in-2017-exclusive

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Mahindra's New SUV "TUV5OO" Coming in 2017

good choice. Mahindra should focus on improving the existing vehicle line rather than launch too many models. the nuvosport & tuv are already dissapointing.

Thread Starter #4
Mahindra's TUV500 MPV

Mahindra TUV500 MPV Spotted in Chennai, likely to replace Xylo in India however the spied vehicle could be the taxi version of Innova
Mahindra-TUV500-MPV-3-696x490.jpg
Mahindra-TUV500-MPV-2-1008x640.jpg
Rumours running around the internet suggest that Mahindra has applied trademark for an utility vehicle known as TUV500 and the possibilities of the spotted test mule being that same product cannot be neglected. It was captured testing alongside the Toyota Innova Crysta which is the benchmark MPV in the Indian auto industry.
World Exclusive: Mahindra TUV500 MPV Under Wraps? Spotted in Chennai - Gaadiwaadi.com

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Mahindra's TUV500 MPV

This is an Innova, Not mahindra.
The wheels & Stance explain everything.

Re: Mahindra's TUV500 MPV

This is an Innova, Not mahindra.
The wheels & Stance explain everything.
This is a Mahindra Vehicle. Reason

1. TN Registered. Mahindra Reserch Valley
2. There is no Toyota Mini MPV Planned below the INNOVA.
3. Stance typically looks like a Mahindra- 5 vertical slates grill.

But the car looks bang on target the INNOVA. Glad some one took into the shoes where TOYOTA played. Eg Qualis. No one targeted it even after it left, except ICML RHINO.

Last edited:

mahindra is very quick to read the market and grab the oppurtunities. The vechile looks like a MPV, van or family mover.but apart from XUV, scorpio to some extent other cars did not fare well in terms of looks, ride quality and engine characters. mahindra needs to be spot on if i plans to take on current MPV's.

The vehicle looks like it has a decent amount of space compared to other vehicles. If Mahindra wants to target those who wanted an innova (not crysta), then Mahindra must make sure the 3rd bench gets decent leg space and it should have adequate boot space even when 3 rows are in upright position.

Counter shot to Innova and upcoming Hexa?

Mahindra is very quick in reacting to market or I would say proactive and listen to what people need and deliver it on time.

Good going Mahindra[clap]

Going by the low floor and aerodynamic shape of the test mule, My guess is this Mpv is a monocoque. So that means this is an Ertiga/lodgy rival. But the design language doesn't look very Mahindra. It's more of a Japanese design language, on the lines of the Innova. I can't say whether its a good thing or not. But yes, if they get the pricing right and fill the car to the brim with features along with a good performing engine (may be the new 1.99L) and good crash ratings, then this could be just the mpv most people are waiting for. The Ertiga is too small, the Mobilio is a flop, the Lodgy is awkward. But this one looks just right to be a worthy upgrade from a compact sedan or hatchback. Hope they don't mess up the design on this one.

As point pointed out by DJbro, if its a monocoque then might be the same platform of XUV500 and if I look at the end towards C pillar it resembles XUV quite a bit from side profile( correct me if am wrong)

Now the market is open and wide in Delhi NCR with no MPV on sale with less lan 2000cc deisel engine.

Good move Mahindra [clap]

Going by the low floor and aerodynamic shape of the test mule, My guess is this Mpv is a monocoque. So that means this is an Ertiga/lodgy rival. But the design language doesn't look very Mahindra. It's more of a Japanese design language, on the lines of the Innova. I can't say whether its a good thing or not. But yes, if they get the pricing right and fill the car to the brim with features along with a good performing engine (may be the new 1.99L) and good crash ratings, then this could be just the mpv most people are waiting for. The Ertiga is too small, the Mobilio is a flop, the Lodgy is awkward. But this one looks just right to be a worthy upgrade from a compact sedan or hatchback. Hope they don't mess up the design on this one.
I don't think Mahindra will plonk a 1.99cc engine. It will plonk the 1.5L 3 cylinder engine with a bumped Turbo charge to extract around 120 BHP. I expect it to be in the same league as TUV300 in weight and easily will do with the smaller engine.

It is definitely a Mahindra vehicle with that 5 vertical line grill & side profile. Mahindra is constantly working on new products & launching them one by one. Yes, they take 2-3 years of sweet testing time to launch a product but this one looks ready for launch model. Hope Mahindra will provide good engine to this MPV/TUV5OO with good mileage & power. And most importantly hope it wont come with early niggles & issues for which Mahindra is famous.

Nice pics Akash sir. [:D]
Looking at spy pics these are my observations - There is huge Gap between bonnet & front grill just like KUV1OO. But in KUV1OO you will come to know about that gap if you sit & check. Here it's visible in pics. May be Mahindra will add some bling bling to it before launch. Headlights get dual headlamp treatment like New Generation Scorpio & XUV5OO so projector headlamp feature will be there in Top end variant. Mirrors are carried over from XUV5OO.
One thing I don't understand is When Mahindra made XUV5OO, TUV3OO, KUV1OO, New Generation SCORPIO, Nuvosport they started from scratch. They added new styling one by one & tested those on test cars but here its a surprise, when Mahindra did all of this testing. Product in spy pics is almost ready for Launch product. Never saw any pic & video about this vehicle & suddenly..Bang...Here comes New MPV from Mahindra.
God knows how come Mahindra created a whole New product & nobody noticed it [surprise].

Top Bottom