Honda To Launch Next Gen Brio

Thread Starter #1
Next-gen Honda Brio to debut in 2017 - Likely to get a new name.

Honda to get rid of quirky styling seen on current Brio; could give upcoming model a new name.
It is likely to lose out on the quirky rear styling and glass hatch seen on the current car, and will get a conventional tailgate instead. This means, the new Brio will be based on the outgoing car’s underpinnings but will get an all-new body shell and interiors.

Honda will most likely add a diesel engine as well, which could be a 1.1-litre, three-cylinder version of the current i-DTEC family to take on Maruti Suzuki's and Hyundai's diesel offering.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/next-gen-honda-brio-to-debut-in-2017-396970.aspx

Re: Honda to launch Next Gen Brio - 2017

The only reason why the Current Brio isn't selling is because of lack features, nonexistent boot, stiff ride. Apart from that it's a very good car. If Honda corrects these cons & gives all new design( Exteriors & Interiors ), it will do well. Honda should benchmark this new Brio against Grand i10. Because that car is doing well because of good exteriors, interiors & features.

I heard somewhere that the facelift will be getting a 3 pot for both petrol and diesel. is that true? please dont do that. The 4 cylinder 1.2L petrol mill is a perfect match for brio.

I don't think that will happen, Honda will not be investing in another petrol engine just for Brio. So that damn good 1.2 L iVTEC will continue in next gen too. What Honda needs to do is offer a detuned version of the 1.5 iDTEC or develop a new 3 cylinder 1.2 L diesel engine for Brio. That will help in sales. Grand i10 Petrol to Diesel ratio is 65:35. Because of that diesel engine Hyundai is selling more every month compared to the earlier i10. Hence Honda needs to do the same.
I wish Honda concentrate more on Aesthetics this time rather then Substance.

Thread Starter #5

I heard somewhere that the facelift will be getting a 3 pot for both petrol and diesel. is that true? please dont do that. The 4 cylinder 1.2L petrol mill is a perfect match for brio.
The next Brio replacement will have a 1.1-litre diesel engine. To be made for India and exported later as per demand.
The petrol is likely to be carried forward to the New Brio too.

Reports are now surfacing that the new-generation Brio will have a 1.1-litre diesel engine to be competitive in the upcoming small diesel car segment. This at the moment has the Chevrolet Beat diesel, Maruti Celerio diesel and the upcoming Tata Kite diesel.
Next Honda Brio will be Made-for-India -SCOOP – MotorOctane

EXCLUSIVE! Next-gen Honda Brio codenamed 2TQ

Honda has already revealed that they will replace the slow selling Brio hatchback in 2017. Seems like the brand has already begun development work on this new model.

Honda will be launching the Brio-based SUV BR-V, codenamed as 2SJ in 2016.

Now, we have found out that this codename 2SJ will be sharing parts with another product codenamed as 2TQ.

Considering a new Brio is on the cards & the BR-V has an all new design, we assume that the 2TQ is the next-gen Brio hatchback.

The dashboard will common between the 2SJ 7 2TQ. Honda has also imported other sample parts for the new 2TQ.

The new Brio will make use of the same platform, but get an all-new body shell. It will get rid of the glass rear section & the quirky looks which were a major deterrent during the buying decision. It is also expected to increase its footprint to offer more cabin space, at par with the competition.

Powering the new Brio would be the same 1.2L i-VTEC petrol motor along with an all-new 1.1L i-DTEC diesel motor. Expect segment-best fuel efficiency figures with this model.

The brand is also looking at getting rid of the Brio nameplate since it has not done significantly good as a brand.
Source

Thread Starter #9
Honda India likely to axe the Brio from its portfolio, though there will be a new Brio for global markets.

While Mobilio’s production is stopped and the company has no plans on continuing with the model, sources add that the Brio may also be on its way out owing to poor volumes and low popularity among buyers.

Globally, there is the new Brio coming in. But Honda will most likely not bring it here
Link

kkn13

Suspended
I hope they dont use the Brio platform in the way they did for Amaze,Mobilio,BRV again

Civic platform cars like City 2009, CRV 2007 were arguably the best moves they pulled
After that, its just been bad decisions

This coming from a hardcore Honda fanboy

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Brio discontinued – New Amaze is entry level car of company

It was back in Nov 2018, when it was first reported that Honda is going to discontinue the Brio in India. At that time, there was no official announcement made. Today, their official has confirmed the new development.

As it stands, Honda Brio has now been officially discontinued from the Indian market. The company has no plans of launching the new generation Brio, which was launched in Thailand last year.

Read:

I think there is chance new Brio will get launched sometime later. Though competition is very tough now with Tiago also doing great. May be too little too late. Many people say Freestyle is a good car but it simply not be to have good numbers.

I doubt if Honda would bring back the Brio. While its a great fun to drive city car, it has it's limitations. The rear leg room was very less, and the boot space was almost zero.
The Brio did have decent sales, until the Amaze was launched, and once the Amaze was launched, most of the people opted for the Amaze.

While the Brio is quite a good car, it does fall behind in terms of practicality. Not having a diesel option was another issue on the Brio, and also a strong point for the Amaze.

In the present scenario, with other cars giving lots of space, Brio would need a major update, with bigger size and wheelbase if it wants to regain it's market. This would need a lot of input cost, and it would be a risky proposition, as if priced high, it would come quite close to the Jazz.

Hope Honda does not do the same with their cars as they are doing with their Bikes like the CBR150R and CBR250R.
Honda cars line up is rather confusing now. Amaze is the range starter with Petrol and Diesel CVT, WRV has no CVT option, Jazz only Petrol CVT and rather expensive. City also Petrol CVT n Diesel manual only. CRV, Civic etc is on a different equation all together

Top Bottom