Honda Brio Facelift Launched

Thread Starter #1
2015 Honda Brio (facelift) to launch at 2015 GIIAS – Indonesia

At the 2015 GIIAS in Indonesia, Honda will unveil a facelifted version of the entry-level Honda Brio hatchback for the local market. The changes will be similar to the model launched in Thailand in 2013, and are not applied to the Honda Brio Satya.

2015-Honda-Brio-facelift-rear-to-launch-at-2015-GIIAS.jpg

Compared to the outgoing model, the new Honda Brio will feature a rear wiper with defogger, chrome embellishment across the boot handle, a rear spoiler, new 15 inch alloy rims, and fog lamps. Inside, Honda will offer a full black dashboard and seats instead of the two-tone black and beige interior of the previous model, electric folding mirrors, new audio system and steering control switches.
The 2015 Honda Brio is available with two engine options: 1.3-liter i-VTEC engine producing 100PS and 127 Nm in the Brio Sports, and a 1.2-litre, i-VTEC motor producing 88 PS of power and 109 Nm of torque in the regular variants. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions.

Read more: 2015 Honda Brio (facelift) to launch at 2015 GIIAS
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Honda Brio Facelift 2015

The Chrome mustache is not needed in my view. Totally messes the otherwise neat look. I wish Honda revises the color palette for Brio with the face-lift when its launched in India.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

Honda Brio facelift spied

0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20160127040700_brio_FL1.jpg
0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20160127040705_brio_FL2.jpg

Honda's smallest offering in India, the Brio, has been on sale since 2011. The model received lukewarm responses from buyers, mainly because of its dull interiors, generic-looking dashboard, small boot and the lack of a diesel engine. However, last year we had reported that Honda had started work on an all-new, next-gen Brio, which is to be unveiled in 2017. Until then, to keep the current model sales afloat, Honda seems to be readying a facelifted version of the current-gen Brio which has been spied in Indonesia.

The spy photos seen show that the updated Brio gets styling tweaks to its front end which now makes it look quite similar to its big brother, the Mobilio MPV. The grille is now wider, the headlamps get new inserts and the bumper is new, in line with the styling of the Mobilio RS which is on sale even in India. The updated Brio does away with most of the chrome bits seen on the current car’s grille. The facelifted model is equipped with stylish alloy wheels and a subtle body kit, which hints at the possibility of a Brio RS version in the future.

Honda recently unveiled the updated Mobilio in Indonesia with minor styling tweaks, as well as an all-new dashboard which first made its debut on the India-bound BR-V SUV. However, it is unconfirmed whether the facelifted Brio will get this addition.

No news has been revealed about the engine but we expect the Brio to continue with the current 1.2-litre petrol motor mated to manual and automatic gearboxes.

Source:ACI

Akash1886

Honoured Member

First Honda stretched Brio to come out with Amaze now they have squeezed Mobilio to come out with Brio. I am now feeling, Honda also followed the footsteps of MSIL and just like Swift and Dzire, now we'll have more of such twins! Is there something called R&D or not?? I believe, MSIL Design deptt is being paid overtime by someone for sure.

Regards

Akash

Re: Honda Brio Facelift

Am I the only one who thinks that this new bumper is not a great idea for visual judgement while driving/parking ? It sorts of juts out more and in a low-seating vehicle like Brio it can cause some problems for average sized drivers, particularly female.

More than Facelift, this looks more like a RS version to me. The different Headlamps, grille, alloys are all signs of the Sporty Version. If this was Facelift, it would have been Subtle and not flashy like this.

India launch will be unlikely I guess, since the new Brio is already under development from the Honda India R&D team.

Since Brio based Amaze & BR-V feature All-new Honda Jazz styled dashboard & other improved bits. So when these changes are expected to be featured in Honda Brio hatchback itself. It also needs All new dashboard, since that old one really looks awkward with awkwardly placed AC vent elements & music system. Also needed is the Driver side Airbag as stndard across all the variants & both Driver side & Front Passenger side Airbag as standard equipment from V-variant onwards, keeping rest of the equipment list same as now as it is pretty well equipped.

Also, in its AT version, it features 5-speed AT gearbox, does it is expected to feature CVT gearbox from Amaze to keep costs low & fuel efficiency high !

Please share the info, as i need it at the earliest.

So when these changes are expected to be featured in Honda Brio hatchback itself. Also needed is the Driver side Airbag as stndard across all the variants & both Driver side & Front Passenger side Airbag as standard equipment from V-variant onwards, keeping rest of the equipment list same as now as it is pretty well equipped.

Also, in its AT version, it features 5-speed AT gearbox, does it is expected to feature CVT gearbox from Amaze to keep costs low & fuel efficiency high !

Please share the info, as i need it at the earliest.
Brio Facelift is expected to launch later this year maybe around Festive Season. It will be little more expensive and will be thoroughly updated.

New Interiors are nice, but they make the BRV Interior look odd. Same dashboard across all its cars means higher the price of the product, lesser the value. But this was bound to happen anyway.

Yes, Dual Airbags might be standard this time. And some additional features like Auto Climate Control and Bluetooth Audio will make it as loaded as Hyundai Grand i10. Automatic will continue with same 5 Speed TC. Don't expect CVT due to cost reasons.

In case you are looking at Brio, I would say strike it out from your plans. It's a 5 year old car and All new version is expected next year. So I wouldn't even consider one now even if there are attractive offers.

Apart from that, it's a very good car especially as a 2nd car and I too own one and use it for city drives and the car has been very reliable with Zero Niggles since 3 years. Many have bashed this car(Interiors/Quality/Build), but only who have owned it know how good this car is.

There was serious revamp required by BRIO in current market, but Honda just did a cosmetic changes. The interior, roof height and cozy feeling remains the same.

The price tag for BRIO is just little by premium hatchbacks, so people will think before buying Honda just for brand value.

Top Bottom