Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
A search on Zauba reveals that Hyundai India has re-imported the all-new, fifth generation Hyundai Verna back into Indian shores recently.

The 2017 Verna had been sent out to Korea, it's parent country, for testing purposes.

The newest iteration of this once-popular C-segment offering will be introduced to the world sometime in 2016, with a worldwide launch scheduled (possibly) in India by late-2016/early-2017. The all-new Verna will come with toned down Fluidic 2.0 styling, offer better ride quality and handling, and should introduce several all-new features to the market.

Hyundai India might be targetting a launch before the 2016 festive season, to cash in. Expect to spot testing mules of this all-new Verna around Hyundai's Sriperumbudur plant and Chennai in the days to come.

I'm sure Hyundai Verna will be back with a bang.what is your opinion?
[:)]

Attachments

Re: Hyundai India Has Re-imported 5th Generation Verna

Surely it will do so. As 1.6 crdi is better engine to 1.5 earth dream, hyundai is improving on handling and ride (i20 elite and creta) so it might become at par handler to city, fluidic sculpture 2.0 should give it a bling of design, slight extension of wheelbase will make it roomier ,lastly it needs few features 1. touch screen avn integrated ICE unit 2. 6 speed autobox 3. ESP, VSM & HLA 4. SUNROOF if hyundai can provide all of the above at a sensible price it will surely dethrone honda city any day

Seeing the pattern hyundai is following with creta and i20 with respect to its fit and finish and improved ride and handling I think Verna can sure make a come back and give a tough fight to the competition. The verna 4s has better ride and handling than the versions prior to it. It seems that verna would get toned down exteriors like seen in grand i10, i20, creta and even the new elantra (avante) which will be launched in 2017 globally i think and this look with the large hexagonal grill will surely be a much better look that the current gen honda city as per my opinion. As for the interiors I personally feel that the interiors of i20 and creta are slighty better than that of the current gen verna and with the 5th gen verna the interiors of it would be at par and similar to i20 and creta. I hope it is launched in India by 2016 before the festive season.

Thread Starter #5

Next-gen Hyundai Verna snapped in China, gets rear AC vents – Spied

Expected to debut later this year.
Spyshots of the next generation Hyundai Verna have emerged in China via ifeng. The model seems to feature a subtly revised exterior, featuring the Fluidic Sculpture v2.0 design language, and a noticeably revamped interior.

Read more: Next-gen Hyundai Verna spied in China with rear AC vents

Attachments

Thread Starter #6

Next gen 2016 Hyundai Verna (2016 Hyundai Accent) spotted in Korea – Spied

Exterior will be inspired by the 2016 Hyundai Elantra.
The current, fourth generation Hyundai Accent, sold as the ‘Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna’ in India, was introduced in 2011 and a mid-life facelift was given in 2014. The fifth generation Hyundai Accent is currently under development in South Korea for an unveil this year, and has been spied along side the upcoming Kia Niro hybrid crossover.

The spy shots don’t reveal much except that the next-gen Hyundai Accent features the company’s signature single-frame hexagonal grille, new headlamps and new taillamps – all inspired by the sixth generation 2016 Hyundai Elantra. Like the exterior, the interior will be a full redo, and a Chinese test mule was seen with a dual tone finish and rear AC vent.

The 2016 Hyundai Accent/2016 Hyundai Verna should also be offered in two body styles – 4-door sedan and 5-door hatchback. Not much is known so far about the technical aspects, but the current engines and transmissions could be carried forward in the next generation. The engine choices should include 1.4- and 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The 5- and 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic, CVT, and 7-speed DCT gearbox choices are likely, while the 4-speed automatic gearbox could be axed.

Read more: Next gen 2016 Hyundai Accent (2016 Hyundai Verna) spied

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

2016 Hyundai Accent/2016 Hyundai Verna spied on test

Should be offered in two body styles.

The current, fourth generation Hyundai Verna was introduced in 2011 and is due for a full redesign now. Ahead of an expected domestic launch later this year, the fifth generation Hyundai Accent/Hyundai Verna has been spied testing in South Korea, courtesy Auto Tribune.

The test mule seen in the new spyshots is heavily camouflaged but still shows some details. Visible changes in the new generation model include the company’s signature single-frame hexagonal grille, curvaceous door mirrors, taller rear windows and a triangular quarter glass. Previous spyshots partially revealed the new headlamp and taillamp design. The interior, revealed in a Chinese-spec test mule, showed a dual tone theme and availability of two rear HVAC vents.

Like the current generation, the next generation Hyundai Verna should be offered in 5-door hatchback and 4-door sedan body styles. Not much is known about the technical aspects as of now, but the current engines and transmissions are expected to be carried forward in the next generation.

Internationally though, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine also being offered. Transmission choices should include 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic. Additionally, the continuously variable transmission may continue being offered and a new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission may be introduced, while the old 4-speed automatic transmission could be dropped once and for all.

The next-gen Hyundai Verna should be introduced in India sometime next year.

2016 Hyundai Accent/2016 Hyundai Verna Spied On Test

Attachments

Thank god they have re-introduced rear disc brake.[clap] Hope they don't go with drum brakes (as in the face-lift version-2015) in India.
Finally they introduced real ac vents. Also I liked the ORVM turn indicator design. [:D]

New spyshots and rendering from random chinese and russian websites.

Attachments

2017 Verna Concept unveiled at the China Auto fair.

Hyundai-Verna-Concept-front-three-quarter-at-the-Auto-China-2016-Live-1024x682.jpg
Hyundai-Verna-Concept-rear-quarter-at-the-Auto-China-2016-Live-1024x682.jpg

Source: IAB

bhvm

Honoured Member

Its good to see Hyundai on its toes, constantly upgrading the models.
New verna sure looks stylish but there is a hint of Girly-ness due to round shapes.

Thread Starter #14

Production next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna fully revealed – Breaking

Indian launch expected next year.

Seen here are the first images of the next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna in production form in China ahead of an unveiling expected to take place anytime now. The production version of the 2017 Verna follows the concept which was showcased at this year’s Beijing Auto Show.

My opinion?
Well done Hyundai [clap]The new Verna looks good.

Does anybody also noticed the REAR DISC BRAKES?

Production next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna fully revealed

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member

Yes, It does look good.
It does remind me more of lancer (headlights esp) rather than the Fish face "Fluidic" verna.
Nice deign indeed.

I guess only top version shall have Projectors, While base ones make do with regular H4 ones.

Top Bottom