Why Not To Buy Hyundai Creta!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hii guys , you must be wondering why a person having a username allhyundaicars is making a thread like this.
i will tell you the reason why in the following posts.

I myself have 3 hyundai cars , santro , i10 and the fluidic verna and you will be surprised to know that i will be booking another hyundai car soon , and no it won't be the creta.

anyways , me and my dad were really looking forward for this car and my dad came along with me in hopes to check out the car before the official unveil but the showroom didn't have a creta.

come 21st july and Hyundai made a blunder with the pricing and really terrible variants. i read some discussions going on like better interior than the renault duster , but now i made a comparison chart between 2 hyundai products.

Hyundai Creta and Hyundai Verna 4s.

I am uploading 2 pics making a comparison feature of both since everywhere hyundai is praised for having features. i will have to say that hyundai which was known to provide features in all of their cars at VFM prices , according to me , has become greedy [evil]

anyways , i will be posting every day with new information and will like to reserve the first few posts to myself so that any potential buyer sees the information on the very first page. And you guys can post comparisons done by yourselves or any other posts and i will make sure to add that on the first page.

PS : i made this using microsoft word. i''d be grateful if anyone can suggest me any other software by which i can make a comparison chart easier.

View attachment 175605

View attachment 175604

PS : comparison made between only the 1.6 petrol models of both the cars.

Page-1.jpg

Page-2.jpg

Hyundai has entered a segment above through creta's pricing and top end diesel models can be compared with Mahindra Xuv500.

xuv500 provides extra 2 seats plus lots of space. it also has a more powerful 2.2 liter engine producing 140 BHP against the Creta's 1.6 liter producing 128BHP.
But with heavy weight and powerful engine ,the mileage on the xuv500 will be considerably low within city limits. I think Xuv500 will give around 10-12 Kmpl and in the same conditions creta will give atleast 14 kmpl.

And by paying extra 70k Premium for xuv500 W8 over the creta's SX(o) model you get

*extra space plus 2 more seats
*micro hybrid technology
*light sensing headlamps ( auto headlamps ? )
*rain sensing wipers
*8 way adjustable seats
*rear disc brakes
*cruise control
*puddle lamps
and more..

Page-1(2).jpg

Page-2(2).jpg

Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
let us now talk about the prices of different variants.

175514d1437464567-hyundai-ix25-compact-suv-named-creta-capture-image.png

Hyundai Creta Petrol:
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol Base – INR 8.59 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol S – INR 9.57 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol SX+ – INR 11.19 lakhs

Hyundai Creta 1.4L Diesel:
Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi Base – INR 9.46 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi S – INR 10.42 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi S+ – INR 11.45 lakhs

Hyundai Creta 1.6L Diesel:
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX – INR 11.59 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX+ – INR 12.67 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX+ AT – INR 13.57 lakhs
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX (O) – INR 13.60 lakhs
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now Some of the Price and Variants Blunders.

1. 1.4 CRDi S+ priced at 11.45 lakhs | 1.6 CRDi SX priced at 11.60 lakhs

Difference of just 15000 rupees , you get these features in 1.6 SX over 1.4 S+
*Better Engine ( 123ps of power against puny 90ps )
*Projector headlamps
*Cornering lamps
*Led positioning lamps
*Dual Tone Radiator Grille
*Chrome finish rear garnish
*Metallic scuff plates against Black colored scuff plates
*Fully Automatic AC
*Rear wiper and washer
*Electric Foldable ORVM
*Cluster Ionizer
*Driver Side Auto Up-Down power window
*CD player + 1 gb Internal Memory to store songs.
*Micro roof Antenna

And what does the 1.4 CRDi S+ gets over 1.6 CRDi SX
*Touch Screen Audio with Navigation. ( the 1.6 has touchscreen but no Navigation )
*Shark Fin Antenna
*Low powered engine
* you save a total of 15000 rupees and you don't get the features. no extra feature , no extra troubles.

2. 1.4 CRDi S priced at 10.40 lakhs | 1.4 CRDi s+ priced at 11.45 lakhs

Differnece of over 1 lakh rupees and what you get in S+
* 2 Airbags ( Driver and Passenger )
*Rear Parking Sensors
*Rear Camera With Display
*impact sensing auto door unlock
*16" alloys wheel
*Navigation System

1 lakh rupees for these feature are not worth the price according to me.

3. 1.6 CRDi SX priced at 11.60 lakhs | 1.6 CRDi SX+ priced at 12.68 lakhs

difference of over 1 lakh rupees and what you get in SX+
*Rear Parking camera
*Navigation
*Push Button Start
*Chrome O|S door handles
*you don't get a CD player

haha. hyundai are you kidding me.

Given the price point and the features, i would love to have the XUV 500 at any point of time. Think Hyundai has played it wrong with their pricing this time. Its my personal opinion though. also duster and ecosport are always there and i hope they have a smaller price tag!

Hyundai want to push Maruti out of the race in premium suvs or crossovers.Hyundai had played a card to future by quoting these prices. Maruti now cannot price S cross lesser nor higher.If lesser,then the premium branding will not be there.Higher and the market will reject the product.In all these,Hyundai didn't know that they are yet to get the market from Duster,Terrano and XUV.

Thread Starter #6

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ samkolkata - exactly. I would invest in the xuv500 instead of going for the sx (o). I am yet to compare the specs of duster and creta top end models but i just saw the duster brochure 12.60 for top end but creta even 1 lakh more has extra features. So i think even renault is wrong to have launched duster at a steep price for what it offers.

Duster is already overpriced here in India by almost 2 lacks.
Hyundai Creta 1.4L 90PS is in same prices as of Duster 85 PS
but there is big difference in Creta 1.6L 128 PS and Duster 110 PS
expectation was Hyundai should have undercut duster prices.
and Creata 1.6 should have been not more than Duster 110 PS prices.

Duster is asking premium for bare bone interiors and Ecosport is not bigger than duster,better in interiors but they are also asking premium.
IMHO both are overpriced in first place and this made hyundai to raise the price above these two because they think they have better ass and ass reach and numbers are good,feature rich.
This will be bombed in our market very badly and may not go for double or triple digit sale but it will maintain under 1.5K and anyhow if Hyundai sell this at 2K every month then they will be back with business which they lost in verna.

@ samkolkata - exactly. I would invest in the xuv500 instead of going for the sx (o). I am yet to compare the specs of duster and creta top end models but i just saw the duster brochure 12.60 for top end but creta even 1 lakh more has extra features. So i think even renault is wrong to have launched duster at a steep price for what it offers.
allhyundaicras, you are spot on, the creta SXO will be VFM if you compare it with the Duster RXZ option.

Difference of Rs. 1.11 Lacs. For this one gets
1. 137 cc additional displacment
2. 16 PS of additional power
3. 15 NM of additional torque
4. Same mileage with better power
5. 4 additional airbags (significant)
6. 17'' smoking hot diamond cut alloys compared to duster's ordinary 16'' ones
If it can offer 80% of the ride and handling of the duster then it definitely wins. No offence Duster owners.

Duster is already overpriced here in India by almost 2 lacks.
Hyundai Creta 1.4L 90PS is in same prices as of Duster 85 PS
but there is big difference in Creta 1.6L 128 PS and Duster 110 PS
expectation was Hyundai should have undercut duster prices.
and Creata 1.6 should have been not more than Duster 110 PS prices.
Hyundai would not be able to undercut, Duster's 1.5 K9K engine stands to gain better excise duty because of its size and Creta with 1.6 CRDI will be at higher excise % and hence the price hike.
And why would they want to under cut, launching a premium product in all sense and way better than competition. I agree that they have gone a little over board with the prices. But the expectation and hype that were created is actually the reason for such reaction after the price announcement. IMO they have done well and this product would sell.
I have read statements saying 1 lac more you get XUV W8, add another lac you get the AWD version, I mean whats the point, you can keep adding a lac until you reach Q3 territory. The best way is to choose which variants answers your budget.

I'd rather appreciate hyundai for offering 1.4 CRDI for the ones who aspire to buy an SUV but cannot shell out 15 big ones, 1.6 CRDI for the ones who can afford and love performance, the 1.6 AT for the auto lovers. AT could have been priced better, but the gear box is from a car that is one segment higher. Hyundai could have plonked the Verna's 4 speed AT and priced it a lac or 1.2 Lacs lower and had 2 AT options. But everything involves cost.

OT: I'm wondering what would happen to the Scross, the much expected DDIS 320, is an imported unit with higher excise slab than the DDIS 200, the Ciaz VDI, costs Rs. 8.25 Lacs ex showroom, The price slab of the top end DDIS 320 variant would cross 15 Lacs IMO

Attachments

Thread Starter #10

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ kartik - there are more features in creta than you mentioned.
Projector headlamps
Cornering lamps
Led lights
And many other small features. Anyways this post is not supporting my thread title [lol] anyways, i guess every car in this segment is overpriced and we'll have to wait for other manufacturers to bring their products so the prices can go down. But it will take years. People buy 3k dusters every month , they wouldn't mind spending a lakh more for these extra features. Renault will have to start giving heavy discounts or introduce a facelift without increasing the rates.

Anyways , i just checked the features of ecosport titanium which costs the same as creta base petrol. I will anyday buy the ES , even if it doesn't have the extra space it is loaded with features.

@allhyundaicars
While I agree that Hyundai indeed priced it higher, but I disagree your general perception. I wouldn't compare Verna and Creta with my sane mind. That is not fair. And even if you look at XUV v Creta, not much has been stripped out and most of the needed ones are there. Yes, Hyundai did priced it higher, but it has its fair share of reasons.

I have driven my Uncles XUV extensively both as driver as well as passenger. It is indeed a VFM package, powerful engine and loaded to gills, we need to understand just few thing. As a car, XUV never felt premium. There are lot of places where you can see cheap parts to cut corner. And for me, as a driver, this is bad. OTOH, till today, except the ugly integrated neck rests, I never felt like that in my Xcent.

My point is, there are people like me. Who prefer plush over VFM, style over 7 seater! Seriously, if I have to choose a bigger one, it will be Creta. Not duster, not ecosport(come on, it's never in my list) and surely, not XUV.

Why not XUV at same price? It's damn big. FE is not something to even think about. It's not like I carry 5+ all around the year. For my taste and usage, Creta perfectly fits the bill. I may not buy top-end now, but once all the hype is over and hyundai offers insane discounts like it did once for Sonata, I will surely get one.

So, while there are people who bash Creta, there are some who admire them!!! May be it doesn't have snob value like Maruti/Honda/VW, but it has something which is always right. The design philosophy.

My father saw the Creta at Hyundai showroom today and the only grouse for him is the price.He liked the car but the pricing part has spoiled the car very much.In that price you could get Innova GX or stretch the budget to ₹20L,you could get Jetta CL.The variant which we are considering is 1.6 SX+ AT.

I agree , this is overpriced, but looking at current market demand for SUVs, it will definitely sell.
Reasons
- complete new model.
- nice look.
- good FE.

Today many people want something new , different from crowd. So atleast for year or 2 Creata will sell around 3.5k to 4k units per months. (Why should hyundai care then [;)])

Creata will further slow down vernas sell.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@allhyundaicars
While I agree that Hyundai indeed priced it higher, but I disagree your general perception. I wouldn't compare Verna and Creta with my sane mind. That is not fair. And even if you look at XUV v Creta, not much has been stripped out and most of the needed ones are there. Yes, Hyundai did priced it higher, but it has its fair share of reasons.

I have driven my Uncles XUV extensively both as driver as well as passenger. It is indeed a VFM package, powerful engine and loaded to gills, we need to understand just few thing. As a car, XUV never felt premium. There are lot of places where you can see cheap parts to cut corner. And for me, as a driver, this is bad. OTOH, till today, except the ugly integrated neck rests, I never felt like that in my Xcent.

My point is, there are people like me. Who prefer plush over VFM, style over 7 seater! Seriously, if I have to choose a bigger one, it will be Creta. Not duster, not ecosport(come on, it's never in my list) and surely, not XUV.

Why not XUV at same price? It's damn big. FE is not something to even think about. It's not like I carry 5+ all around the year. For my taste and usage, Creta perfectly fits the bill. I may not buy top-end now, but once all the hype is over and hyundai offers insane discounts like it did once for Sonata, I will surely get one.

So, while there are people who bash Creta, there are some who admire them!!! May be it doesn't have snob value like Maruti/Honda/VW, but it has something which is always right. The design philosophy.
i think you haven't seen creta's interior. it's not that good. the dashboard is hard plastic and even the door area is not good. the leather inserts looks premium though.

and i agree i can't compare the verna with the creta because both offers different utility. i just made a comparison chart for the first time buyers ie if they don't have a sedan or a compact suv. they can compare both the cars and verna is still ahead. obviously it doesn't make sense but i'd why the verna again just because it offers so much than the creta. i will make a ecosport comparison too. for the base petrol you get good features in the ecosport. again not a direct comparison but comparison done based on the prices.

My father saw the Creta at Hyundai showroom today and the only grouse for him is the price.He liked the car but the pricing part has spoiled the car very much.In that price you could get Innova GX or stretch the budget to ₹20L,you could get Jetta CL.The variant which we are considering is 1.6 SX+ AT.
if you want an automatic diesel you don't have any options. you can get the innova but with a manual. in the end it depends on your usage.

I agree , this is overpriced, but looking at current market demand for SUVs, it will definitely sell.
Reasons
- complete new model.
- nice look.
- good FE.

Today many people want something new , different from crowd. So atleast for year or 2 Creata will sell around 3.5k to 4k units per months. (Why should hyundai care then [;)])

Creata will further slow down vernas sell.
and that is what hyundai is taking advantage of. i mentioned before in another thread when i was waiting for the TD , a person came down and said " enjoy the Q3 at 15 lakhs" i was surprised that he made that comparison and people indeed are comparing the looks with Q3.
the only sore point in this car is the pricing.

Sometimes it does really matter whats under the hood!
A much sportier punchy and powerful engine with better driving mechanics and add to that more space will definitely be my first choice rather than compromising for something like creta in view of interiors! [frustration]
IMHO, creta is a compact suv and so be it. Why bother compare it with 7 seater ones.

Top Bottom