Facelift Model or Limited Edition Model: Your Choice?

Which Upgrade to a Car Model you prefer?

• Face-Lift

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Limited Edition

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Intent of starting this thread is to understand, which type of upgrade do you prefer to a existing car model i.e A Face-lift or A Limited Edition model of the existing car. Also, what I find a bit amusing is the fact that the limited edition cars that are launched between 100 to 1000 units have some features which are carried forward to the face-lift just like the case with Xclusive Edition of XUV-500 having a sunroof and the sunroof is carried forward to the Face-lift new XUV-500 too. So, on basis of prices too, Limited Edition and Face-Lift differ i.e Face-lifts are often expensive than limited editions. If we talk of features then, Limited Editions do have some cosmetic and useful add-on(s) where as the Face-lift also often boast of major design changes and feature changes (read adding or subtracting). So, accordingly, which upgrade of a car would you prefer to have i.e A proper face-lift or a Limited Edition?

Looking forward to your thoughts.[:)]

Regards

Akash

I will any day prefer a proper facelift than a limited edition model.IMHO,the limited edition models are good to show off during the first few days of ownership,after that it will start to show its dullness.Also some limited edition accessories like wheel cups,sticker jobs etc are hard to find after some years if i'm right.

I'd go with a facelift one only if it looks good or if they tinkered with the engine to make it better than before. Limited edition only if the accessories offered are thoroughly practical. Else make a bonfire and burn some money, it's the same thing. One example of a useful limited edition is with the Celerio VXi+ that came with OEM head unit, otherwise the VXi is severely under-equipped.

Last edited:
It totally depends on the car. If today, there was an option of a limited edition Honda City VTEC and the then new dolphin shape one, then limited edition for me anyday.

Or i20 first gen then second gen facelift... I would have facelift anyday since it had DRLS and some more stuff. So it just depends on the vehicle.

I would say it will depend on brand and model. You can specifically tell which car brand/model you are trying to compare. Also tell us about your requirement, if you are planning to buy a new/old car.

Face lifted models are always a welcome everywhere ... be it a TATA Storme, Mahindra Scorpio / XUV5OO, Skoda YETI / Octavia / Superb, Toyota Fortuner, etc ...

Already did a +1 to face lift model for this poll.

Best,
Cthulhu

If major design changes and additional saftey features are provided and refinement under the hood is noted in facelift, then why not opt for it?

Top Bottom