Nissan June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen June 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well Well Well!! The most awaited figures are here. Top 4 positions and biggest market share as usual captured by Maruti. Thanks Vibhor for ending the anticipations and coming out with an elaborate and detailed report. The wait was worth buddy!!

Regards

Akash

Looks like Duster has bounced back a bit. Seems to have been a production adjustment for Lodgy in April/May. But Innova has taken a bit of a hit, and Mobilio is also in a free fall. Lodgy contributing a bit here I guess.

Shocking to see Tata Bolt figures drop M-O-M. It's a much upgraded vehicle as compared than Vista, but the latter is selling 6 times the former. Really feel Tata motors should give a push to the Bolt and Zest, as they are the first two new products of the Tata Motor's forthcoming new vehicle line up.

Last edited:
Customer seems to know what he wants, cost reliabilty and features. If a car offers these three its going to sell.
We are looking at Dzire being the king of cars
I 20 facing competition
bolero going little down and XUV and scorpio picking up
amaze bouncing back and mobilo stabalizing
Innova taking a hit due to several players now
Bolt seems to be going down and zest being stable
lodgy and duster being the two which renault depend
toyota minting money with fortuners taking others fortune away

1. I think city doing 7k consistently is phenomenal. I doubt even verna clocked such numbers when it was the leader in the c2 segment.
2. I always wonder how the low volume players like Renault,ford, fiat and Chevrolet etc survive. some of them were not doing this badly a few years ago.
3. what is interesting to note is that,sedans in d1 and d2 segment sell very less in india. (not a single one in 4 digit number). and there have been so many models discontinued. civic, sonata, accord etc.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
2. I always wonder how the low volume players like Renault,ford, fiat and Chevrolet etc survive. some of them were not doing this badly a few years ago.
Renault survives on

* Duster and now also new Lodgy MPV.

* Few takers of Scala/Pulse

Ford Survives on

* Eco-Sport

* Fiesta Classic

* Figo

The new upcoming Aspire CS may prove a game changer for them.

Chevrolet survives on

* Enjoy and Travera

* BEAT and Spark

* Cruze has some buyers and same with Captiva

* The Sail Twins perform average.

FIAT survives on

* Punto Evo and Linea Face-Lift

* Avventura has been getting luke warm response.

and there have been so many models discontinued. city, sonata, accord etc.
Buddy Honda CITY was never in Accord and Sonata segment. However, you may count the SKODA Laura in this segment which also is now discontinued.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Actually, Fiat seems to be doing quite well considering its overall record. It is consistently pushing those 700-800 cars per month, all of which would be attributed to Fiat enthusiasts and those who care about "driving" beyond resale, commonly perceived status etc.
It doesnt appear they want to be a mass market player in India, and seem to content using India as a production base for exports in future (Jeep) . OTOH, Renault does have some serious intentions and are banking on the Kwid, of which they need to get decent numbers. I am not so sure about GM though.

Perhaps selling the Vista next to the Bolt makes the Vista look more value for money?-cheaper,bigger boot...
Perhaps they should sell in diff showrooms/ have the TASS as sales for the Taxi models and Pure dealerships for the Bolt/ Zest and kites and other birds? [;)]

I seriously wonder what would it take for people to Buy the Zest. Its an amazing VFM product i think it might be attributed to lack of Dealers in terms of numbers and also lack of visibility due to less road side events from Tata to promote the new products Zest and Bolt

What is making desire the number one seller in the country Zest is better in all the aspects as compared but still what may be the reason figures are biased towards dezires side

Last edited:
Looking at the Ford Fiesta numbers is looks like Ford will launch a 2015 Fiesta which will be manufactured in Sanand Gujarat after the Aspire.

Their Chennai plant will probably become a Global Manufacturing plant for the Ecosport plus a few Endeavour while Figo Hatch, Figo Aspire and a sedan longer 4 meters possibly named as Fiesta will be manufactured from Sanand, Gujarat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom