BMW Experience Tour – Vijayawada

Thread Starter #1
BMW recently conducted an experience tour in Vijayawada on 4th and 5th July.They are conducting these tours through out India in various cities.It is an event where you can test drive some of the cars from BMW stable.It’s the first time they are conducting this tour in Vijayawada.The venue is 70km from my home town, so I decided to give it a try.I registered for the event 1 week before.I got the conformation promptly from the BMW team.It’s slightly different from the Luxe drive conducted by the Mercedes.Although I got the invitation for Luxe drive from Mercedes,I had to cancel at the last minute because of unavoidable circumstances.Here is the link for BMW Experience tour.
BMW

There are 2 slots,10 AM slot and 3 PM slot. I opted for the afternoon slot.You can take 3 friends with you for the experience.I took my wife and my son with me.I went there at 3 PM.You have to register yourself as the driver by showing your driver’s licence.Then they will give an ID card for each driver.Only persons with ID cards can drive vehicles.Drivers are separated into two groups.One group will drive sedans first,and the other group is going to drive SUV's.Later both groups will switch vehicles.

Some pictures of the event
DSC_0540.jpg
DSC_0541.jpg
DSC_0539.jpg
BMW i 8
DSC_0517.jpg
DSC_0526.jpg
DSC_0536.jpg
DSC_0538.jpg
760 Li
DSC_0511.jpg
DSC_0520.jpg
DSC_0559.jpg
DSC_0564.jpg
Two Minis parked at the venue
IMG_20150704_172130.jpg
DSC_0587.jpg

After a short speech by the Marketing Executive,Instructor Mr.Wong went through rules and regulations of this tour.First the instructors demonstrated the capabilities of BMW X vehicles,like X drive.
IMG_20150704_155209.jpg
DSC_0565.jpg
DSC_0568.jpg
DSC_0571.jpg
DSC_0573.jpg
DSC_0575.jpg

BMW M4 coupe
DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0551.jpg
BMW M3
DSC_0546.jpg
DSC_0549.jpg
Second i8 parked outside
DSC_0556.jpg
DSC_0557.jpg

I was in the group driving the SUV's first.I got a X5.5 SUV's were there,3 X5's and 2 X3's.Two drivers were allotted for each vehicle.I sat in the co- driver's seat. I wanted to get a feel of the X5 as it's my first time in any BMW car.You can make two practice laps and one timed lap on the corse which was a mix of nice bends and chicane's.I felt the track is some what shorter,but there isn't much space available on the ground.You have to keep your car in between the cones placed as barricades.If you hit the cone 5 seconds will be added to your lap time.One guy completed the lap in 25.5 seconds.I clocked 26 seconds.Some of the drivers hit the cones during timed lap and others completed the lap in 27 seconds.

Later We switched to Sedans.Not much driving to do in sedans.We went through a circle of cones thrice which is supposed to demonstrate the handling of the BMW family of sedans.Most of them were 3GT’s.I got 118D.We did first two laps by switching the traction control off.We ended up doing donuts,which was a lot of fun.Final lap was with traction control on,so we did a proper circle around the cones.118 D was good to handle.
Some other pictures
DSC_0548.jpg
IMG_20150704_160913.jpg
IMG_20150704_161708.jpg

Later after taking feedback from all the participants we were given a goodies bag containing cap and a T-shirt.Overall it’s a good experience.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: BMW Experience tour – Vijayawada

Note: Thread Now Live From TIP Zone. Thanks!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Excellent Report Dr. Sahab. Did you also get to see the new 7 series and 6 series Gran Coupe? Any upcoming car news you'll like to share with us? Thanks indeed for sharing this report.[:)]

Regards

Akash

@ DrDoddapaneni : thanks for the coverage.
Gosh, I missed it by 10 days. I visited the new BMW dealer in June to get my brothers X1 serviced and he did not mention this .I would have changed my travel plans if I have been aware of this as I always wanted to see the i8 in flesh. Did they allow any one to drive i8 ?By the way what was the exact location of the event ? Is it near the BMW dealer in Mangalagiri or is it in the city itself?

Thread Starter #5
@ DrDoddapaneni : thanks for the coverage.
Gosh, I missed it by 10 days. I visited the new BMW dealer in June to get my brothers X1 serviced and he did not mention this .I would have changed my travel plans if I have been aware of this as I always wanted to see the i8 in flesh. Did they allow any one to drive i8 ?By the way what was the exact location of the event ? Is it near the BMW dealer in Mangalagiri or is it in the city itself?
They didn't allow anybody to drive i8.They allowed people to sit and feel the car.They didn't allow people to drive M cars or even the Mini coopers.Instructors made their laps in mini coopers.The event was conducted in Vijayawada at Vivekananda centenary high school.If any body is interested the next event is at hyderabad from 6th to 9th august.

Excellent Report Dr. Sahab. Did you also get to see the new 7 series and 6 series Gran Coupe? Any upcoming car news you'll like to share with us? Thanks indeed for sharing this report.[:)]

Regards

Akash
6 series Gran Coupe was not on display.760 Li was on display.I wanted to see the legendary M5 ,but sadly it was not on display.Only M3 and M4 were displayed.

Top Bottom