Maruti Ritz Discontinued in India?

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki has stopped the production of the Ritz and the hatchback is available for purchase by cab operators for a limited time.

We spoke too Maruti Suzuki dealers across the country who confirmed the same and also stated that the bookings for the existing stock have been restricted to taxi buyers only. Private car buyers won’t be able to purchase the model anymore.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/cars/maruti-ritz/maruti-ritz-discontinued-silently-india-production-stopped/

Last edited:
I always had the feeling that this car won't survive in front of the Established & Successful Swift since its launch. This was more of an alternate to the just but was behind the former in many ways, be it looks, handling, features etc. The only thing that made it sell was Easy Entry/Exit, Very Good Petrol Engine(K12), apart from that it was inferior to Swift in every way.
Good that Maruti finally bid goodbye since its already discontinued worldwide. Maruti should concentrate more on its best selling models (Dzire, Alto, Swift, WagonR). Offering a Alternative option won't help them much. W
Stingray, Ritz, Dzire Tour are all derivatives & are flops compared to the original ones.
Next up Stingray ??

One of the idiotic job MSIL done in the past.I'm still finding the answer for my question "why MSIL launched RITZ?".This is one of the thoughtless launch MSIL done so far.For what?Overlapping their own products-SWIFT and RITZ.Which customers they aimed?I think they aimed someone who didn't have some additional thousand rupees to spend for buying the swift[clown].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
One of the idiotic job MSIL done in the past.I'm still finding the answer for my question "why MSIL launched RITZ?".
Ritz is not a product of MSIL exclusively, it is a Suzuki product and internationally known as Splash, which was withdrawn last year.

Now with the New premium hatch from Suzuki coming along with its Compact crossover - Vitara Brezza, they need to space their products for optimum pricing.

Celerio will fill in the place of Ritz in the current scenario.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well, Maruti's hatch-back portfolio was/is highly cluttered. One of biggest and most number of choices being given by them to the buyers. I mean you can see, Alto 800, Alto k10, Swift (P and D), Wagon R, Celerio (P and D) and then RITZ. I mean it was getting too busy so its a wise move from Maruti's end to stop the production of RITZ. As per their hatchback design language, all they have done is revised the exteriors(Alto twins) and curtailed the features(Swift and Celerio mainly). By giving so called face-lift they have been able to find a foot-hold with their products. There products have become like "Old wine in new bottle" be it Alto twins or Swift or Even Wagon R. Celerio Diesel is a thesis in itself so less said, the better. The need of the hour for Maruti Suzuki in India specially is the range of all new, appealing products. I hope Maruti Suzuki plans out its new products like S-Cross, Vitara, Fronx etc nicely. Their present designs have started to look too common. Lets see, how does the discontinuation of Ritz bring about a change in Maruti's future product line up and their designs.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
Well, Maruti's hatch-back portfolio was/is highly cluttered. One of biggest and most number of choices being given by them to the buyers. I mean you can see, Alto 800, Alto k10, Swift (P and D), Wagon R, Celerio (P and D) and then RITZ. -------
This specific move I think is to create a new segment in the form of Mini Crossovers like the planned IM-4.
Pricing seem to overlap with Ritz V/Z variants.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Ritz LDi was available at one of the dealers here at mouthwatering price in Nov-Dec 2015, as low as 5.25 L on road.

One of the idiotic job MSIL
Also the ugliest along with the Dzire

Ritz is not a product of MSIL exclusively, it is a Suzuki product and internationally known as Splash, which was withdrawn last year.
It's also produced by GM as the Opel Agila.

Ritz LDi was available at one of the dealers here at mouthwatering price in Nov-Dec 2015, as low as 5.25 L on road.
Even at that price I would never buy it.

Maruti offered too many cars at a smaller price bracket and also the ritz has the unconventional design as per indian car designs language! so obviously it was forgotten and overtaken by the swift! the same fate of estilo and wagon r overlapping leading to the death of estilo but ritz was a much more practical swift! with the same underpinnings more space more comfort but somehow it failed to impress the indian customers! Rest in peace buddy!!

I am using Ritz for 3 1/2 years and very satisfied with service rendered so far. Driving Ritz is a pleasure and its design is very comfortable for old people. Its look is a bit odd particularly backside. The other drawback is who can afford a Ritz can easily afford Swift. Swift is more popular model [ trusted & tried ]. So retreat of Ritz was inevitable.

I have been driving a Ritz ZXi for nearly 4 rys and have clockedmore than 1 lakh kms without any issues what-so ever.
My mother who is suffering from back pain finds it easier to use, she don't have to stoop or bend to get in or out , Easy ingress and egress.
Some find its design quirky but I really love the rear end of this car.(looks are subjective) So simply calling a car ugly is utter stupidity.
Now i could have easily bought a Swift at that time, but after doing a TD of both the cars we decided to buy this car. I think its more spacious compared to swift due to its tall boyish design.
only thing that I miss in my car is an automatic climate control nothing else..

Last edited:
Still, Suzuki Flyte/Ritz IS a Swift in different attire. We'll not face any spare parts problem. The demand for Ritz is very good in my region, new cars were selling fine until they stopped last month.

Top Bottom