Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire AMT Around the Corner

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire AMT Spied testing. Expect a festive season release - October .

The car spied is the diesel variant ZDI- meaning that the Dzire AMT will come with ABS and Airbags which till now was not available in Celerio AMT offering.

Next on release will be the Wagon R twins followed by Swift and Ertiga.

Swift-dzire-zdi-AMT.jpg
Maruti-suzuki-dzire-AMT-in-diesel.jpg

Exclusive: Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire AMT Spied testing

Last edited:
Re: Swift DZire Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) - Coming soon

So, Maruti after tasting success with the Celerio will be looking to equip all thier cars except models like Omni, Eeco, Gypsy. Coming back to Dzire, it has been most successful in the segment and will still be the leader after the launch of the AMT. For common people, they'll not notice the difference, but the AMT isn't as smooth as CVT, Torque Converter or the DSG. But cost and efficiency will be highlight and people will be ready to sell out for that. So all in all, the already successful car will still churn higher numbers despite having some disadvantages over rivals.

Good to see that Maruti is aiming for the first-mover advantage, by equipping its bestsellers with another plus point, the AMT. Good that they are providing AMT with the top-end variant. It is high time Maruti should make ABS (and even Driver Airbag) standard on all its cars above the 5 lac price tag.

It still depends on the pricing and although it would be cheaper than the proper AT Dzire, a huge price gap between the top end and AMT would mean that people would end up buying the MT version only. It is because of the disadvantages, rather limitations, of the AMT as compared to super smooth ATs, or the VW's DSG. Expecting a Diwali season launch. [:)]

I can easily see a best-seller of the future in this car. Waiting for the Ertiga to get the AMT so that I can try my hands on one!

Good to see that Maruti is aiming for the first-mover advantage
Niku, hope you are aware that Tata is ACTUALLY the first mover in Diesel AMTs - just like they were the first movers in compact-sedans. Unfortunately, they do not get the advantage part, which is usually taken over by Maruti Suzuki. They know how to market their products and thus sell them too. Tata fails miserably there.

Tata had many other disadvantages - bad quality interiors, engine niggles, poor ASS etc were few of them. Regarding dezire automatic, it may not be a selling like a hot cake in Indian market since AT is still considered to be the preferred option for lady drivers and many will be resistant to adapt to a compact sedan rather than a hatchback. Exceptions are always there, but the general trend seems to be so. My few cents...

Thread Starter #7

Where is wagon r AMT transmission??

WagonR twins (including Stingray) will debut nearly the same time. Also note WagonR AMT is already on sale in Thailand.

Niku, hope you are aware that Tata is ACTUALLY the first mover in Diesel AMTs - just like they were the first movers in compact-sedans. Unfortunately, they do not get the advantage part, which is usually taken over by Maruti Suzuki. They know how to market their products and thus sell them too. Tata fails miserably there.
Don't know why but I totally forgot that Zest was the first AMT car! :stupid:
Maybe this was because of Tata's miserable marketing and bad reputation. I still remember the Celerio Ad and though it to be first AMT the way Maruti was going gaga about it.

And yes, the Indigo CS started the CS revolution and there also Maruti took over with the Dzire. Tata needs to learn a thing or two about clever marketing. Tata's actually have better feature-laden vehicles at better prices (Vista for eg.), but the niggles part keeps customers away.

Regards,
Nikunj

Top Bottom