Tata Nano AMT vs Maruti Alto K10 & Celerio AMT vs Renault Kwid AMT

Tata Nano AMT vs Maruti Alto K10 AMT vs Maruti Celerio AMT vs Renault Kwid AMT

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Here The Mega Comparision of indian entry level Automated Manual Transmission Cars

TATA NANO GenX Easy Shift

Price starts from - 2.69 L to 2.89 L

tata-nano-genx-1-main_678x352_51430401615.jpg

Maruti Alto k10 Auto Gear Shift

Price - 3.95 Lacks

IMG_7952.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Celerio Auto Gear Shift

Price start from - 4.40 L to 4.70 L

Suzuki-Celerio-Pakistan-1.jpg

Renaul Kwid AMT

Price - Expected 4 L to 4.50 Lacks

Renault-Kwid-front-three-quarters-view-from-India.jpg

I don't know if this is right category/competitors for Renault KWID. KWID looks more of hybrid between mini SUV and Hatchback [;)]

Voted for Tata Nano AMT as auto gear is mainly used by people who use the car in B2B traffic conditions. 4 years warranty with AMC is icing on the cake. Tata is really listening to the customers feedback. Alto k10 AMT is good for the people who tend to drive more on highways and less in B2B traffic.

KWID comes in different segment. Little is known about the car hence it will be too early to vote before the car is tested by experts.

Thread Starter #7
There is a news that Renault kwid will not have automatic transmission. I got this reply when I messaged Renault twitter handle.
At the time of Renault Kwid Unviel they confirm it comes with Auto Transmission but we have to wait and see what kind of transmission system they are going to be use in kwid

After debating for some time between the Nano AMT & the Celerio AMT, I finally went for the Celerio, though it will cost 2+ L extra. I am wary about the Nano on highways, and though the car is meant to be for city use mostly, there is always a chance of taking it out for trips, where I am not that confident about the Nano.

Looking at the very competitive pricing strategy by these manufacturers definitely makes the buyer think twice to choose!

Celerio and Alto K10 Amt have been success in the market right when they were launched mainly of two reasons i.e., new transmission option and brand name.While The owners feedback on the alto K10 Amt is very good.

Nano is newly launched with very sweet price point which might probably sweep buyers looking out to buy the Alto 800 mainly for the package.

Since Kwid is not launched yet; it's very interesting to see how it's priced and AMT smells like a deal breaker.

I reserve my voting until Kwid is launched because i'm confused to select between Nano and Alto.

I think wrong comparison is made between different class of cars. nano does not belong to any of the class of cars in terms of price, placement of engine,segment, quality, service and looks.

I think ultimately the Nano Easy Shift will be lapped up by people who already have a larger vehicle for highway runs and are looking for a small city runabout which is very easy to drive & park. Women who use the car for weekly shopping & dropping kids to school & classes, etc. will be the perfect customers for Nano Easy Shift. Some of my relatives who corporate executives and have larger SUVs in their family, have bought the Nano for their every day office runs. The SUV is exclusively used for outstation runs.

Nano may not be the perfect car for those looking to buy their first & only car in the family, especially the ones who can stretch their budget to 4 to 5 lakhs range.

Well yet another poll winner from tata but does not see any chart buster when it comes to buying. All the same What I feel is celerio and the supposedly the Kwid seem to a car of one segment above.

So comparision could be between Alto and Nano. The correct comparo would happen when nano is being offered in may be a 3 pot engine with comparable engine volume. However since whatis currently being offered the comparision would happen. its inevitable.

So the areas for me where Nano wins is space offered, the utility provided (read bluetooth ICE, AMT, short turning radius) and price all combined gives me feel to vote for it. However, if you want more zip in your drive then probably it would be alto.

For me other point which worked in favour of Nano is the cute shape and peppy looks. The Alto looks more like a serious looking car.

What I want from Tata is more refined 3 pot engine with lower NVH levels and delivering more horses.

Thread Starter #14
What I want from Tata is more refined 3 pot engine with lower NVH levels and delivering more horses.
It seems like tata not ready to launch 3pot Engine in current nano because currently they are working on turbocharged version of current 0.6L engine of Nano so we may have chance see bigger 3pot engine in next generation nano is under development in the name Pelican project

My vote goes for Alto K10 AMT.
Test drove Nano GenX AMT and K10 AMT back to back today. Had earlier driven Celerio AMT too.
Nano was impressive with space and price, but AMT is too sluggish. Sport mode is also not much effective. Also, brakes take it's own sweet time to respond.
Found Alto K10 AMT much more powerful after Nano's test drive. Brakes are good too.
OTR for GenX in Pune is around 3.5 lakh and K10 AMT is around 4.8 lakh. But still feel that 1.3 lakh difference is worth.

Top Bottom