Tata Bolt X-Over Rendering

Thread Starter #1
Tata Bolt X crossover – IAB Rendering

Tata-Bolt-X-image-rendering.jpg
Tata-Vista-D90-Xtreme-concept-side.jpg

No official confirmation from Tata Motors.

With the increase in demand for hatchback-based crossovers, fueled by cars like the Toyota Etios Cross and Hyundai i20 Active, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Tata Motors also considers joining the bandwagon, though they haven’t expressed interest publicly.

In 2013, Tata Motors had given viewers an insight into their version of a hatchback-based crossover, much before the market began embracing the “wanna-be SUV” segment. Called the Tata Vista D90 Xtreme Concept, it was merely a Tata Vista with a 25 mm higher ground clearance, exclusive body cladding, exposed spare wheel, and large 16 inch rims.
Keeping the above concept in mind, our rendering artist Shoeb R Kalania has re-envisioned Tata’s soft-roader, although this time, it is based on the company’s newest hatchback – the Tata Bolt. As seen in many such crossovers in the country, the Tata Bolt X (speculative name) will feature a raised ground clearance as well as tough body cladding.

Read more: Tata Bolt X Crossover Imagined - Rendering
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: TATA BOLT X-Over

Hi GBR, I find the rendering too desperate. Also, as we are yet to see a respectable road presence for the normal BOLT, I feel Cross BOLT appear too far fetched and if ever it may become a reality, it would be a big question, WILL IT SELL?

Regards

Akash

Hi GBR, I find the rendering too desperate. Also, as we are yet to see a respectable road presence for the normal BOLT, I feel Cross BOLT appear too far fetched and if ever it may become a reality, it would be a big question, WILL IT SELL?
Yes Akash. Too desperate, too ugly, waste of time and effort from IAB artist. And the Vista crossover concept was equally ugly too. I can't imagine this with an exposed spare wheel. The basic shape and structure of the Vista / Bolt does not suit a pseudo-crossover at all. That is one of the reasons Aria did not succeed. It did not look like a SUV, but like a MUV. The Hexa concept design is much better and Aria should actually have looked like that from Day 1 for people to consider that as an SUV. To be frank, I dont think Tata is even considering this Bolt X version.

To answer your question. NO, NEVER GOING TO SELL.

If Bolt is tending to be a dud ( see sales figures) this will be a bigger one!
Yes VM2011, they should somehow make the Bolt sell at least as much as Zest (not that Zest is flying out of showrooms), then they can think of such variations.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

That is one of the reasons Aria did not succeed. It did not look like a SUV, but like a MUV.
Vignesh I for one believe Aria was a good MUV which was never used by TATA to its true potential. A good product gone waste. I hope they get their act right with Hexa.

Regards

Akash

Vignesh I for one believe Aria was a good MUV which was never used by TATA to its true potential. A good product gone waste. I hope they get their act right with Hexa.
I agree Akash, it is a very good vehicle from what I have known. But the problem is, If I understand correctly, it was not even intended to be an MUV, it is actually a proper SUV mistook to a MUV just because of its looks.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

If I understand correctly, it was not even intended to be an MUV, it is actually a proper SUV mistook to a MUV just because of its looks.
Probably not an SUV because TATA was is no mood to hamper the Safari sales. Aria was a aggressive vehicle put against Innova to compete but backed by flawed and weak marketing strategies. Look wise it wasn't bad either.

Regards

Akash

I hope TATA doesnt get dragged into this 'cross' drama.

But then, its only me. I dont like this micro MPVs and jacked up hatch backs.[;)]

Thread Starter #9

i guess that its not that bad in looks when we compared with Toyota Etios Cross its just an option to customers tata will deffinately brings TATA BOLT Crossover because they already built crossover version in the form of tata vista xtreame this may help them to increase few more sales of bolt thats really need them to save product life cycle

Top Bottom