Few Observations about Maruti Suzuki Ignis
1) In Flesh except for the front profile, the side and rear profile look damn ugly.
2) Size wise the car looks more on funny side than cute or compact.
3) Driver seat height adjustment missing in Zeta Model.
4) Doors do not feel well built
atleast in this Indian spec.
5) If driver seat is pushed back, knee room for tall people like me is very poor.
6) Black and White dashboard looks OK but the White part will get easily stained.
7) Body Color is variant specific as well. Now why did MSIL did this, have no idea.
8) Engine bay is a shocker indeed. No under engine cover. Also rats can easily enter engine bay
due to more open spaces underneath.
9) Chrome accessories special rear mustache is a eye-sore.
10) Headroom is ample due to raised height. The cabin looks big only because of raised height.
11) Average boot space.
12) Egress Ingress are fine but not as comfortable as Wagon R.
13) Plastic Quality by standards of Maruti is acceptable.
14) Bottle holders in the doors look too small.
15) Alloy Wheel Design and Wheel Cap design are similar and if the wheel caps are painted in Black, many might mistake it for alloys. The design is also not really appealing.
16) Tyre Size: 175/65/R15 Tubeless.
17) Personally I found the built quality to be just shade better than other Maruti hatchbacks. Compared to Baleno, the built quality is slightly better but doors as I said were not up to the mark
. Also it is no where near
to S-Cross Build Quality.
18) Carpeting material and seat fabric is not anything exclusive either. The seat covers from Nexa look more like aftermarket fitment. Like those which you get in Kashmiri Gate and Palika Bhavan area.