MPV War: Toyota Innova vs Renault Lodgy vs Maruti Ertiga vs Honda Mobilio...

Best MPV, your choice & ownership experience

• Toyota Innova

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Mahindra Xylo

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Maruti Ertiga

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Chevrolet enjoy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Renault Lodgy

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Honda Mobilio

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Re: Which is best MPV .. share your choice & ownership experience

I wish to vote but cant find the TATA ARIA anywhere [;)].Honestly a few issues aside,what it gives you is tremendous value for money after the price correction,a terrific ride and handling combo and a robust build.I believe the teething troubles have been ironed out in the facelift version.Ofcourse the Hexa is in the horizon but it will be expensive.I hope the ARIA continues along for people in the lower band of the budget.

I wish to vote but cant find the TATA ARIA anywhere
Sir, IMHO, Aria is classified as an SUV and not MPV hence its not on the list!
I agree upcoming Hexa is surely will turn tables for tata, as it has JLR genes in it! Hope they release it soon rather than taking few more years where it will be outdated.
Hexa concept is surely fun to watch, fingers crossed.
Tata bring it on!! [clap]

My vote goes to Ertiga as it is truly a versatile vehicle. Drive it in City as well as on highways, it satisfies the requirements of a family car.

The lodgy although a decent package, it looks like a van or a mini bus. It's not significantly more comfy and in fact the middle row seats are cramped and 3 rd row is uncomfy. It has bigger engine with additional gear, better build quality and a bit better ride quality. But that is not worth the extra 3 lacs over the Ertiga when you don't get that much comfort or convenience. The Ertiga is still the more comfier one and the best value. It is equally flexible and almost as spacious as the lodgy too. So Ertiga is the one to beat yet. Soon the facelift is coming with significant upgrades to hit rivals harder.

Last edited:
Although I have a personal liking for Ertiga (heck, I recommend it to everyone) but still my vote goes for the steady steed which has never in my life let me down and I can just swear by it. Toyota Innova, for some really valid reasons.
Definitely it is neither as quick as rivals nor it is as spacious, it suffers with image issues, people call it noisy too and blah blah but ask any owner and one will understand what a true satisfaction of ownership is.

I went ahead and voted for the Ertiga and not because I own one but actually because it is a surprise package. After living with an Innova for 3 years, and now this, I can say Innova is the best in the segment whether it comes to ride or handling or space or comfort or reliability. BUT and there is a big BUT here... it is 17 lacs on road for the top end version! I mean come on that is too much. And this is where the Ertiga steps in. I got it for 9.2 lacs on road. So nearly half the price. And well, it does 85% what an Innnova can do.

The Ertiga provides:
-A better front look (that new gawky grille on the Innova is such a letdown)
-More FE than the Innova
-Compact dimensions
-7 seating options
-as mentioned before, nearly half the price!

While the Innova is an awesome MPV, the Ertiga just edges it on the price and value factor. And that is a mighty achievement from Maruti Suzuki.

I will not vote. Have travelled in an Innova but none of others. Don't like to vote for any as all have their own set of flaws.

Innova- Gas guzzler
Xylo - Good seating but unstable (high Center Of Gravity)
Ertiga - Cramped
Enjoy- Chinese tin can
Lodgy- Too boxy design
Mobilio - Good one but too low for an MPV

I have travelled on all these MPV except Lodgy I only did a test drive. I still feel Innova is the King of MPV's. It rides rides better, feels better. The reason I voted Ertiga is even with s small pot under tlhe hood it rides high with other big boys. Ertiga is practically an MPV while mobilio, lodgy suffer the 3rd row which almost feel like sitting on floor. The only win of ertiga over innova is price snd FE.

Thread Starter #11
The lodgy although a decent package, it looks like a van or a mini bus. It's not significantly more comfy and in fact the middle row seats are cramped and 3 rd row is uncomfy. It has bigger engine with additional gear, better build quality and a bit better ride quality. But that is not worth the extra 3 lacs over the Ertiga when you don't get that much comfort or convenience. The Ertiga is still the more comfier one and the best value. It is equally flexible and almost as spacious as the lodgy too. So Ertiga is the one to beat yet. Soon the facelift is coming with significant upgrades to hit rivals harder.
Lodgy can only be used as 5 + 2 child not as a full 7 seater MPV, rear seat is too low just like in Mobilio [roll] , As per me Innova is still best in segment except Pricing, its too much overpriced & 2nd best is Ertiga that have everything that we expect from a MPV.

I will not vote. Have travelled in an Innova but none of others. Don't like to vote for any as all have their own set of flaws.

Innova- Gas guzzler
Xylo - Good seating but unstable (high Center Of Gravity)
Ertiga - Cramped
Enjoy- Chinese tin can
Lodgy- Too boxy design
Mobilio - Good one but too low for an MPV
haha you need right to reject option bro.

Lodgy can only be used as 5 + 2 child not as a full 7 seater MPV, rear seat is too low just like in Mobilio [roll] , As per me Innova is still best in segment except Pricing, its too much overpriced & 2nd best is Ertiga that have everything that we expect from a MPV.
I am not even considering innova. It's too old and not even as modern as the Xylo or the Aria. It's too pricey for the power and equipment you get too. I consider the Aria as the better option over the Innova.

Without any hesitation, my vote goes to Xylo. It crossed 1 lakh kms recently yet not even single breakdown or any major changes. Spacious, powerful, decent FE and sweet pricing and all safety features at affordable price make it even till today a sweet buy!

I hope that lodgy and ertiga will bring the pricy innova down and make toyota rethink in fleecing customers.
That won't happen. If it should, then ertiga atleast would have shaken Innova a little bit, bit till today Innova is enjoying healthy sales as always!

We need solid contender, with Space like Xylo, power like Toyota, decent FE and looks with lot of chrome!

Until we have the "Shaktiman" of cars, Innova will sell for sure!

Top Bottom