Maruti Suzuki To Train 2100+ Youth Annually in Car Service & Repairs

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
1656325_677432225642936_1800932091_n.jpg

New Delhi, May 5, 2015: Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), market leader in passenger vehicles, today announced that it will scale up its skill development activities by setting up Automobile Skill Enhancement Centres (ASEC) at 45 Government-run Industrial Training Institutes across the country.

Each of these Centres will be equipped with a model workshop to provide practical training. Together with this, the Company will also appoint full-time trainers, provide tools and equipment and forge partnerships with local Maruti Suzuki service workshops to upgrade skills of ITI students and make them job-ready. This will be a Corporate Social Responsibility project of the Company. Maruti Suzuki has committed 5.0 Crore towards this cause.
Nearly 2100 youths are expected to benefit annually through these ASECs. The trainees will be free to seek employment in any workshop, including those not servicing Maruti Suzuki vehicles.

The Automobile Skill Enhancement Centres are being set up in designated ITIs in Jammu, Srinagar, Patiala, Hoshiarpur, Yamuna Nagar, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Dehradun, Dewas, Durg, Jabalpur, Surat, Godhra, Ankleshwar, Kolkata, Mangalore, Mysore, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Karimnagar Vijayawada, Kochi, , Calicut, Thrissur and Thiruvananthapuram,.among others.

Mr. Pankaj Narula, Executive Director (Service), Maruti Suzuki “Through this initiative, Maruti Suzuki wants to contribute to the national effort for skill development and employability. With the growth in number of vehicles on roads, quality repair and maintenance offers a major employment opportunity. Automobile Skill Enhancement Centres will provide hands-on experience to trainees and make them capable of quality service and repair of vehicles.”

In addition to the I.T.I curriculum, the students will be given 50 days training by MSIL trainers in areas related to car service, repairs and maintenance. Students trained at the ASECs will be awarded an additional skill training certificate.

Background

Maruti Suzuki has a successful system of developing I.T.Is. The Company has two major approaches of ITI support programs:
~ Adopt the I.T.I and take care of its wholistic development ( adopt all trades)

~ Have a focused approach to promote automobile skill training
In the first approach, the Company is working with 29 I.T.Is in partnership with state governments. The support provided to each ITI depends on its individual needs. In general, the Company offers support in infrastructure improvement, faculty training, exposure to manufacturing facilities, training in acclaimed Japanese work practices like 5S, kaizen and 3G and soft skills like personality development and team work

In the second approach, it creates a pool of employable youth by working intensively with students learning the automobile trade. Over 5500 youth from 88 I.T.Is have benefitted from this program so far andare employed in service workshops of Maruti Suzuki and other automobile service workshops.

Scaling up its efforts, Maruti Suzuki is setting up Automobile Skill Enhancement Centres (ASEC) at 45 Government-run Industrial Training Institutes that will train 2100 youth annually.
Source: Maruti Suzuki Official

Regards

Akash

Re: Maruti Suzuki shall Train over 2100 Youth Annually in Car Service & Repairs

Good news ,actually infact i have seen in Popular ASS,in Trivandrum,that Mechanics there undergo exercise warmup every morning before entering to work,isn't it wonderful.
Is it so in other ASS?

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This initiative I believe, shall enhance the overall performance of the ASCs in terms of service quality and the repair jobs. This actually turns out to be a process by Maruti to further improve their set-ups in accordance with customer feedback provided to them. Lastly, this shall definitely fine-tune the skills of the technicians and increase their knowledge.

Regards

Akash

Yes, it is definitely needed.
Even old technical crew there should have training,as newer automotive Mechatronic systems are uses, most systems have OBD based diagnosis features.
Its actually a boon to mechanics as they can easily diagnose the error.

I think Maruti may give minor technical training to interested and enthusiastic car owners too on payment of a nominal fee. Car is a very interesting mechanical instrument. If such a project is launched I feel a lot of people will take such training to know their loved car more and can maintain the car like a new one.

A very welcome news. However,I doubt the quality of these mechanics. These people are just fitters.We cannot call them mechanics anymore. Troubleshooting any abnormal noise is not possible by the current technicians in MASS.We have lots of examples in this forum itself. many times,the owners are more educated in dealing with their machines.These new "mechanics' are asked to replace any component rather than repairing it.That classic mechanics are a very rare breed now. Maruti is intending to increase their spares sales by training more of these "mechanics".

Top Bottom