Maruti Suzuki May Provide ABS & EBD in Entry Level Cars

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Maruti Suzuki India has hinted that it is working on the plans to provide safety features like ABS and EBD to its entry level cars. At present in India both the models i.e Alto 800 and k10 don't have this feature and even the Driver airbag comes as option only at a premium. To provide the drivers with a safe driving experience in future, MD and CEO Kenichi Ayukawa confirmed by telling “We are working on it,” and expressed a need for a safer driving environment through such helpful features.

link

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I guess they used to provide ABS with EBD way back in Alto VX 1.1 or VXi 1.1. That was a good thing and if Maruti does it in their small cars then they will be the flag bearers of safety in small cars.

If Maruti was a pioneer when it comes to market share and the skill to understand Indian People Mindset, they would have done this a long time before.
Look at thier products, they fall short when it comes to safety features, I wouldn't blame them. Consumers have to be blamed for neglecting the safety features they provide. I have seen many examples where when it comes to safety features for non-enthusiasts its the least concerned factor while purchasing the car for them. When they don't buy the variant having ABS/Airbags, Maruti has no option but to stop selling that version. This has happened to many number of their cars. For Example, Maruti Swift was offered with ABS as Option in VXi/VDi trim while it was standard on the ZXi trim. That V trim is the most popular version in Swift till date. But Maruti stopped the Option variant due to low demand, now that low demand has to be because of lack of knowledge by the common man on how vital is ABS.
By making ABS standard across versions, people will be mentally ready to start using the cars that are equipped with basic safety features and as time goes by they'll realize the importance of it.

Consumers have to be blamed for neglecting the safety features they provide.
In fact I would the whole issue on safety and the pathetic situation that we are in is the lack of safety regulation in this country.
Hence the Government has the sole responsibility of the chaos and I don't see them moving in the right direction. Manufacturers would have met the basic safety norms if the law demanded so.

Top Bottom