Skoda Auto To Enter Used-Car Business

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

None other than the much talked about Skoda Auto in India plans its foray into the "Used-Car" Business. With them entering this business, customers surely get an additional brand to choose from. However, with the kind of reputation this brand has at-large in India, will it be suitable for it? Will the people feel comfortable buying the used-cars from Skoda?

"We are looking at the pre-owned car segment. This year, we may have a few pilots starting with Mumbai and Delhi," Skoda Auto India director, sales & marketing, Ashutosh

Dixit said, during an interaction here today. This foray into the used car business will help its own cars sales through exchange programmes, he noted.
link

Regards

akash

Skoda's reputation in India has not been helped by their vocal customers expressing their frustration in social and mainstream media. As some one I know said "Its not that people do not like Skoda, they are afraid of it."

Perhaps Skoda are banking to sell the cars their frustrated customers leave in workshops after facing long delays, multiple problems and ridiculous amount quoted for repairs.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Skoda's reputation in India has not been helped by their vocal customers expressing their frustration in social and mainstream media. As some one I know said "Its not that people do not like Skoda, they are afraid of it."
Absolutely, no matter how much they try but change of perception about SKODA in people's mind would take long to change. Secondly, when people have reservations about SKODA's own cars, then buying a used car from them would be nothing less than a gamble. Moreover when people are accustomed to used car brands like True Value, First Choice et al, it would be difficult for Skoda to carve a niche for itself among the prospective buyers. I believe, first of all they have to work on their image and build comfort in buyer's mind only then can they venture into a business because no business can work without buyers.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom