Renault India To Open Digital Showrooms

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Renault India has planned to open Digital Showrooms for its customers and they shall be called as "Experience Centers". The concept of these Digital Showrooms goes like, instead of placing physical cars like in present time in the dealerships, Renault India shall provide internet enabled specialized screens through which the prospective customer can get all the details virtually. This project of Renault India shall be pilot by TVS Group and it is believed to be an effective measure in terms of cost.

However, considering the mindset of the people/consumers we have in India, would the people feel comfortable just by seeing the car virtually on screens? The prevalent practice is to feel and see the car in metal and then take decision. Success of such a concept in India seems a bit far-fetched.

Renault India will be calling these digital dealerships as “experience centres”. Though the experience centre concept hampers the idea of physically seeing and experiencing the car inside a showroom, the French manufacturer states that the absence of the vehicle should not be seen as a negative trait since customers already see the car on roads before going into the showroom for a look. At present, the concept does not shed light on whether the experience centres will have test drives available or will limit the entire product viewing experience to the digital space.
source

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I agree with you akash , people are reluctant to buy clothes just by looking at pics , why'd anyone buy a car ?
Anyways i feel it's a different concept and i wish they do have TD vehicles.

The interior plastics in the duster is very poor when i took a TD. They can easily tweak/edit the looks on that "presentation" and i can't know the exact quality.

Final words - unique and a different concept but it will fail in india.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Final words - unique and a different concept but it will fail in india.
Absolutely, because in today's time why would anyone bother to drive to showroom just for seeing car virtually? Same can be done via smartphones/desktops. It's a illogical idea. And secondly, about test drives, its likely that on-line booking would be done for test drives or if they move a step ahead then simulator could be used.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If they are planning for E-Venture like flipkart,then those who wants a car to be delivered by simply doing procedures from home.
Then it will be good.[:D]
You do know that mahindra used to sell on snapdeal [:D] m.snapdeal.com/brand/mahindra/automotive-bike-accessories

Wonder how many they were able to sell :P

Last edited:
Reporter Saab, so now should be start expecting the Dusters to come home like a 'Jopasu Car Duster', inside a good packing on a truck with an option of cash on delivery and finance on delivery?

Weird concept I'd say, it sounds like selling Dodge Challenger by showing fast and furious movie!!

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Reporter Saab, so now should be start expecting the Dusters to come home like a 'Jopasu Car Duster', inside a good packing on a truck with an option of cash on delivery and finance on delivery?

Weird concept I'd say, it sounds like selling Dodge Challenger by showing fast and furious movie!!
Can Imagine the sight Vipul[lol]. Bigger and funnier question, what if by just seeing on screen one books it and refuses to buy when its being delivered COD[lol]? Its like showing a pic of well cooked mughlai chicken on screen to viewers without a chance to taste the dish in real.

Regards

Akash (The Reporter)

Last edited:
So the booking of renault cars will be like ordering a chinese dish in a hotel in india and when it is ready and when they bring it to you, then only we will be knowing that the chinese dish which we ordered has come.

So what I'm saying is without seeing/ confirming the contents/ ingredients in a product we can't just like that throw away our hard earned money to the seller. And as allhyundaicars said the seller will be cheating us without showing the correct feature list to the buyers. And there are many persons (buyers) who doesn't even check whether the features which the dealers listed are present in their cars during the delievery time.

And this type of selling a car takes more time to pick up in India.

Guys the idea is simple. They will show you the car virtually. So you take TD virtually. And then you give them some virtual money to book the virtual car, and once it is delivered, you take you virtual car to your real home!

Top Bottom