Which Upcoming SUV / MUV Will Have Maximum Impact on Indian Auto Industry?

Which of these facelifts/ new launches among SUV/MPV will have impact in the market?

• Renault Lodgy

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Land Rover discovery sport

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Chevrolet trailblazer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford Endeavour/Everest

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Mahindra S101/102 (compact suv)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hyundai ix25

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Toyota fortuner 3.0 automatic

• Volvo XC90

• Maruti suzuki SX4 cross

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Audi Q7 facelift.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
A wide range of OEM are set to launch new SUV's or facelift their existing ones. And it does have impact on the automative Industry. With constant growth percentage noted in SUV and MUV segments, there is been a recent drift towards these beasts in the market. So guys, which car among the herds will set a deeper impact in the market?

Re: Which upcoming SUV/MUV will have impact on Indian automotive industry?

Maruti will create a new segment as it did with Ertiga. And rest all will be in competition with S4 Cross.

In last 2-3 years, Enjoy, Mobilio, Quanto, Evallia etc launched and all together also could not match sale figure of Ertiga. I believe, same will happen with SX4 cross.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I feel ix25 by Hyundai will be tough competition to the EcoSport and Duster. Having closely observed the design language of Hyundai in recent past, I do feel, ix25 will surely make the competitors run for their money.

The new Everest as a full fledged SUV will compete with Fortuner. Fortuner at present looks dated even with cosmetic upgrades and the Everest being new all together will pose tough challenge. Lets wait and watch!

Some Observations!

* S-Cross is Cross Over so it cant be seen as MUV or a SUV. It cant either be seen as Compact SUV. S-Cross Competes with likes Of Active i20, Etios Cross, Aventura and Polo Cross.

* Can we get a multi-choice poll?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4

The new Everest as a full fledged SUV will compete with Fortuner. Fortuner at present looks dated even with cosmetic upgrades and the Everest being new all together will pose tough challenge. Lets wait and watch!
Akash
Hi Akash. I feel ford endeavour is not the only suv posing threat in fortuner territory, but also the oncoming Chevy Trailblazer. Have seen video review on youtube, which stated power delivery and torque is superior and much more when compared with fortuner(55kgm of torque vs 36.6kgm of fortuner!)
This might also be game changer for Chevy in India!

Maruti Suzuki S Cross it should be, it sounds like a perfect recipe being the India's new favorite 'compact SUV(or maybe a look alike - no regular buyer can tell the difference) and backed with the Maruti A.S.S.
After looking at the runaway success Ertiga and Ciaz are enjoying I am quite sure that now MSIL has gained enough reputation to foray in these segments or even a segment higher too. They are no more 'only small car maker' and hence the S-Cross is definitely a serious thing.

Eagerly waiting for the Ford Endeavour and any SUV Mitsubishi launches.

How they are priced and how they capture the fancy of motoring enthusiasts is going to be a major story this year and next

@ SiriSiri888

Will Chevrolet will price the Trailblazer competitively or expect the indian customer to pay a premium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7

@ SiriSiri888

Will Chevrolet will price the Trailblazer competitively or expect the indian customer to pay a premium.
The video review posted on youtube quotes it will be imported from indonesia probably. Hence u can expect the pricing similar to endeavour which will also be imported from thailand.
One point in favour of trailblazer is that its 3rd row seating comfort is actually suitable for adults unlike other SUV /MPV in the picture. Its engine is much more punchy than rest. Lets wait and watch!!

I think Mahindra is new launch,facelift will have tremendous impact on the Suv,Muv market.They have not launch them in a hurry & there are report they are going on road test.Mahindra usually price their new vehicles very competitively.

IMO in compact SUV segment, the Hyundai iX25 will make a significant impact[thumbswink]. One major strength is that Hyundai will offer the kind of quality which will definitely be equal to a segment or 2 above. Suzuki S Cross, may be, but the simple fact that Maruti were not able to manage > 10 lacs portfolio (Ciaz exempted) as appropriate as Hyundai makes me keep my fingers crossed[thinking]. But who knows, the M badge could very well do the trick.

In the next segment though, I don't think the Endeavour and the Trailblazer will manage to dent Fortuner's Reign, simply because of Toyota's bullet proof reliability.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
In the next segment though, I don't think the Endeavour and the Trailblazer will manage to dent Fortuner's Reign, simply because of Toyota's bullet proof reliability.
IMO its time ford steps up, same for Chevy! When you give a better car with loads of equipment and price it right among the competition, u never know.
I think Mahindra is new launch,facelift will have tremendous impact on the Suv,Muv market.They have not launch them in a hurry & there are report they are going on road test.Mahindra usually price their new vehicles very competitively.
Upcoming S101/102 is the new launch admist of many. Should watch how mahindra plays with it. They always price it right, but if AMT variant is priced correctly, then it should do wonders. Also XUV500 facelift is due. A positive year ahead for team mahindra!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
So guys, please give your opinion, which among these upcoming gizmos will be worth waiting for. Will FY 15-16 see new era in SUV/CUV/Crossovers in our market?

Top Bottom