Tata X107 MPV Maruti Ertiga's Revival Based on X1 Platform

Re: TATA X107 MPV Maruti Ertiga's Revival based on X1 Platform(ZEST)

Now That is the news I have been waiting to hear for years!
It's already high time this MPV should have been launched. Tata Motors must hurry up before Hyundai brings it's Hexa Space MPV and Chevy brings the Spin.

TATA Motors working on 7-Seats Compact MPV based on X1 blatform (that underpins the Zest) to answer segment leader Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio and Renaul LODGY

Source:Tata Motors To Launch 6 UVs By 2017 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
The basic design outlay was already displayed as a concept in the 2014 AUTOEXPO and the Recent Geneva Motor show.
Some images to freshen your mind.

Thread Starter #4

The basic design outlay was already displayed as a concept in the 2014 AUTOEXPO and the Recent Geneva Motor show.
Some images to freshen your mind.

Hopefully we may expect this ConnectNext concept vehicle will be a core design of TATA's Upcomming X107 MPV but if TATA will carry ConnectneXt concept for this project then its a good deal in terms of product development cars because the connectNext concept looks like all New Product means i deos share any interior components with any other cars and more over the connectNext concept looks like sub-4-meter MPV.

So their may be a clear sight that TATA will share components with ZEST parts bin like some body pannels doors and interiors and even engine and transmissions like other manufactures like Honda and Maruti

If TATA will use Bolt and ZEST parts for their upcoming MPV then they can able to price it very aggresively like Maruti Ertiga thats for sure [clap]

Hopefully we may expect this ConnectNext concept vehicle will be a core design of TATA's Upcomming X107 MPV but if TATA will carry ConnectneXt concept for this project then its a good deal in terms of product development cars because the connectNext concept looks like all New Product means i deos share any interior components with any other cars and more over the connectNext concept looks like sub-4-meter MPV.

So their may be a clear sight that TATA will share components with ZEST parts bin like some body pannels doors and interiors and even engine and transmissions like other manufactures like Honda and Maruti

If TATA will use Bolt and ZEST parts for their upcoming MPV then they can able to price it very aggresively like Maruti Ertiga thats for sure [clap]
Sure they will share interior parts from zest.
I seriously wish that this should be a true and genuinely comfy 7 seater mpv which provides good space, comfort and ergonomics even for the 3rd row without any compromise. There is no mpv/suv under 50lacs in India that can seat 6 footers in 3rd row in genuine comfort currently. There is compromise in either legroom or ergonomics or in support. I hope Tata motors make this a true and comfy 7 seater unlike other mpvs in market.

The 8 seater "car" under meters-yes the Venture was based on the Magic? platform and flopped.
Why not a minivan on the X1 platform thats built to international standards and prices ~6-8 lakhs-safety,interiors all reasonable for the day?

I never felt that much attractive by Tata Cars. Don't know why but I feel like something misses in their designs. Indica, Indigo, Safari, Safari Storme, Manza and now Bolt and Zest, all have something common; The very simple design and that's what i guess takes them away from grabbing the top position in every segment. Look at Hyundai, amazing exteriors in all their cars; Honda, decently stylish with Bold looks; But Tata, designs backs them off. Take one example, Tata Safari is a very old product by the brand but till now there had been no major update till Safari Storme and that Storme is again not aggressive. In between, Mahindra came up with scorpio and grabbed the whole market; then it launched XUV500, that is again being loved.
Hope this car Tata brings is notched up by great cosmetics.

Thread Starter #8
The 8 seater "car" under meters-yes the Venture was based on the Magic? platform and flopped.
Why not a minivan on the X1 platform thats built to international standards and prices ~6-8 lakhs-safety,interiors all reasonable for the day?
TATA Venture is based on TATA SuperAce platform not based on Ace and TATA Venture not flopped according their market because venture only available with BS3 Diesel option so not possible to sale in MetroCitys thats the reason behind Venture sales down

Re: we cant compare it with TATA Veture dude both are different vehicles and segment

Dude, but both are more or less basically the same "mpv" ertiga is front engined mpv so there is less cabin space & venture is a "microvan" with engine under front seats so the whole 4 metre space is optimally utilised.i strongly feel tata should develop this mpv keeping both urban & rural customers in mind & replace it as next generation "venture" with good microvan design & style,top notch quality & fit & finish,top notch ride & handling,standard safety features like all wheel discs & abs & spacious for 8 people.tata motors can make it a success by borrowing parts & bins from zest & bolt & powering it with revotron petrol & multijet engine or developing next generation diesel engine which should be mounted only under the front seats only to make it 4 metre ultra spacious microvan.the current generation "venture" failure is due to lack of the above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom