Maruti Suzuki S.Presso Launched (Coverage: Pg.3)

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki is working on the next-generation Alto for the Indian car market. As a new R&D centre is being set-up in India.
The design and majority of the testing for the new Alto will happen in India and Japan.

The new Alto should be launched in 2018, and it will also get the downsized engines. Suzuki is downsizing its engines and it had recently introduced the 1.0-litre BoosterJet .

The new Alto will be powered by the 796cc petrol engine (which has been powering the Maruti 800, Alto and even the Omni) and the second engine will be the 658cc engine, which is likely to be turbocharged.

Expect the 800 cc diesel to be part of the powertrain varaints.

India will be the major maufacturing house where products will be exported to Europe. The YRA and the iM 4 are products to be built in India and exported to Eu.

Next-gen Maruti Alto to have a smaller engine -SCOOP - MotorOctane

Thread Starter #2
Next Gen Alto now in India . Will be displayed at the Auto Expo -2016. Speculated to get 38 km/l.

The next-gen Alto could join the downsizing club and may feature the 658cc powertrain that is sold in the Japanese Alto. This motor could come in two states of tune, a non-VVT equipped version for lower level and a high-output turbocharged version. Maruti will use the next-gen Alto with AMT gearbox along with a standard manual transmission.

maruti-alto-k10-front-close.jpg

Maruti-Alto-658cc-rear-view.jpg

This 658 cc engine is a tried-and tested motor that is used in many Suzuki models sold in Japan such as the Wagon R Solio, the standard Japanese WagonR and the new Hustler compact SUV. It produces 48 bhp in non-VVT form and 51 bhp when combined with VVT technology.

Maruti will use the basic design of the Japanese Alto but exteriors could be redesigned to make it less boxy.

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Last edited:
2015 Suzuki Alto (JDM Spec) Spotted in India

Based on a new and lightweight platform.

Suzuki launched the eighth generation of its popular ‘kei-car’, the Alto, in the Japanese market in December 2014. Just a few months into its Japanese launch, the 2015 Alto has come under the lens in India, though a launch is not expected to take place in the country.

Read more: 2015 Suzuki Alto (JDM-spec) spied in India with 0.66L engine
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook

Attachments

Re: 2015 Suzuki Alto (JDM-spec) spotted in India

What the hell is that? I guess by the time technology advances, MS messes up with their car design. I find the previous gen Alto looks far better than now release tin-can Alto. But this, is just the height of stupidity and sense of being dumb.

TATA Nano is far better than this ugly duck. MS is really confused in designing cars now. [anger]

I do not understand one thing, that MS has so much of employee strength, they could atleast do a internal survey before mass production about the design, quality, performance.

Bajaj Auto Rickshaw looks far better than this ALTO.

What the hell is that? I guess by the time technology advances, MS messes up with their car design. I find the previous gen Alto looks far better than now release tin-can Alto. But this, is just the height of stupidity and sense of being dumb.
Dude dont get angry[:D] Suzuki just wanted to represent this car with new avatar like a car with modern technology and classic design i think that SUZUKI inspired car by their first gen Alto

Suzuki_Alto_101.JPG

Suzuki_Alto_102.JPG

This is alto for the Japan and they have some specification with respect to length and engine size. This is the same reason why India got the 800 very easily in the 1980's.Testing is being done here.But the engine is different and I don't think this is coming to India due to various reasons.

This is alto for the Japan and they have some specification with respect to length and engine size. This is the same reason why India got the 800 very easily in the 1980's.Testing is being done here.But the engine is different and I don't think this is coming to India due to various reasons.
It is better if it won't come to India. Whatever the reason be, this is not even acceptable, even in chinese standards. If I am a chinese guy, I will say "Nǐ tā mā de língmù(你他妈的铃木)".

All the **** is coming to India [frustration]
I can bet if maruti has brain , they should relaunch older Alto and first generation Zen with new improved engines and new interiors nobody can beat them in this segment in the future . Maruti is killing all these little beauties one by one.[cry]
People want better interiors and better performance . Nobody demand ugly looking cars.

Last edited:
Mm.TAI lovers,how often have MSIL had a flop? Imagine this at at 38km/l..AMT at a reasonable price..they will easily get super sales!-looks may grow on people [:)]

This one bags the award for being "The ugliest car by maruti" (if launched) till date.
The rear of car is so ugly, This looks like the product of several minds focused on fuel economy and cost cutting designs.

Top Bottom