Renault February 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda February 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors February 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota February 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen February 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Vibhor,

Brilliant report! I am surprised to note that Zest did not make it to the top 10 selling cars. Domination of Maruti is looking as a never ending process now.

Regards

Akash

A pretty solid sales in February @Indian Automobile industry.
Point to be highlighted is if these numbers are the value which indicates inventory delivery by manufacturer, then whats the exact sales figures of these individual vehicles.
On a second thought if this is the inventory stock delivery numbers, then in reality Zest+bolt, punto+aventura, fiesta, xylo, sail siblings, and the german duo's are performing a lot more worse than these numbers suggest!!
These are pretty good cars which are just ignored by people. M-O-M its the same old story with a few manufacturers, yet they are perishing every month.
Will these brands will ever be able to make a comeback in Indian automobile turf?
Will these brands stop depending on sale figures of just single car and forget other variants?
Will there be new enthusiasm back on Indian roads?
Well[surprise], lets wait and watch!!!

Excellent report.
Indica+vista sales more than bolt and Indigo+Manza sales more than Zest is not good for Tata.Despite being car of the year on various forums,Tata Zest is not clocking good numbers.Maybe Tata's image is effecting the sales.
Competition is hotting up between City and Ciaz.The facelifted Hyundai is going to struggle.
Toyota is riding on Innova and Etios sedan sales.We are seeing a lot of etios sedan taxis in India now.No toyota takers for Camry and Prius.Though prius is not surprising,it's a big surprise to see nobody bought Camry.It is the highest selling car in USA in february.We are continuosly observing 0 sales for prius since the last few months.Why is Toyota continuing this brand?

The continued success of the bolero,scorpio and XUV are heartening-M&M are doing something right with these. As against that the Sumo, Safari and Aria are not going anywhere,despite being only marginally worse on most auto-journalist opinions. Confusing [confused]
To me the Zest and Bolt are just temporary fixes on the late Carlos Slyms grand scheme of things for TML- lets face it, they are upgrades on the Vista.
The next all new Kite and forthcoming vehicles i think will be the real deal breakers for Tata.. If the Kite is a Vista to Bolt type transformation of the Indica to Kite and Indigo to Kite+ with some cosmetic changes some engine upgrades only, i feel they will boost sales only by so.
The Venture,now at less than 50/month breaks my heart [cry].. i love this car, but its got too many things to improve..the website mentions prices are being updated.. if they head north sales will surely go south[:)]

Much awaited sales analysis report is live, thanks Vibhor for that !!

Surprised to see sales of Datsun Go and Go+, this shows how we Indians look at safety. Anyways, but i haven't seen any Go+ on roads yet. [glasses]

Maruti, the ture Indian Automobile market leader. They are and will do always better as compared to others and remain at number one position.

It seems like Duster is loosing somewhat in this month, but Renault Scala has shown positives in sales figure.

Month on month Nissan seems struggling to survive in Indian market and same is the story of Fiat.
Rest Hyundai is doing good with Elite i20 and Grand i10, also surprised to see the sales figure of Santa-Fe month on month.

To me the Zest and Bolt are just temporary fixes on the late Carlos Slyms grand scheme of things for TML- lets face it, they are upgrades on the Vista.
I agree with you TATA ZEST/BOLT are just temporary fixes by carl slym plan to gain its market share

The next all new Kite and forthcoming vehicles i think will be the real deal breakers for Tata.. If the Kite is a Vista to Bolt type transformation of the Indica to Kite and Indigo to Kite+ with some cosmetic changes some engine upgrades only, i feel they will boost sales only by so.
But TATA may have to gain good sales with kite and kite hotchback cars because they are 99% brand new design all new cars using existing platforms

The Venture,now at less than 50/month breaks my heart [cry].. i love this car, but its got too many things to improve..the website mentions prices are being updated.. if they head north sales will surely go south[:)]
TATA VENTURE sales hurting their fans but TATA not intrested with product but they designed this production when are not intrested in promoting this car they didnt launched any new variants of this friendly VAN i feel that TATA should launch some new variants here we have few options TATA should consider

TATA VENTURE 1.4L CR4

TATA VENTURE REVOTRON1.2T

TATA VENTURE REVOTRON1.2T CNG

in these options TATA should launch CR4 version because current venture only availabe with bs3 [frustration]

Fiat was imporving last year. What happend now? [surprise] I was expecting them to continue their growth, espicially with the new Punto. Did I miss something?

Thanks Vibhor for these excellent stats. Nice work!!! Now that you guys are not giving your detailed views, we will all give our views. Below are my views on the sales figure for last month.

Maruti: Last month they registered the highest sales figure in an year. This time, they have outsold it by a decent margin. Can hardly put a foot wrong and upcoming vehicles like S-Cross, new premium hatchback and the mini-SUV are all going to take the figures up only.

25k Altos, 20k Swifts, 17k Dzires are all unbelievable figures. Each one of them has outsold every other manufacturer other than Hyundai (Dzire is just less than Mahindra's overall sales). Generations old Omni and tinny little Celerio have individually outsold brands like Ford, VW, etc (all except top 6). Ciaz, Ertiga, Eeco have all posted decent figures. Ritz and age old Gypsy are the only cars selling below 2k.

Hyundai: Even though a distant second, Hyundai is not going to see a fall in sales for a long time in the future. The way they introduce new products and refresh them periodically is simply awesome. if the trend continues, the current first and second positions will remain unchanged at least for an year.

Elite i20 has crossed 10k once again and it is really amazing to see such an expensive hatchback posting such figures. Grand i10 also continue its success run with over 8k sold last month. Combined, they are closing down on the Swift numbers which is no mean achievement. Xcent numbers are not very encouraging though. Looks like Hyundai is selling i20 to a lot of potential Xcent customers. Eon and i10 have also posted decent numbers and have sold a bit more than last month. Verna deliveries seems to have shown a spike but I guess most of it could be showroom display and test-drive models. Somehow it does not seem capable enough to challenge the City and Ciaz. Elantra is not really posting great numbers compared to Corolla or Octavia or even the Jetta. Santa Fe is doing well for its price.

Mahindra: Reaching the third spot selling just UVs is simply amazing. Either they sell awesome numbers in 1000s or just low 100s. Only model of theirs selling over 200 and less than 2000 is the Xylo.

Bolero, Scorpio and XUV are unbeatable in their respective segments and have a very good hold on the semi-urban and rural markets. Nothing much to talk about Quanto, Verito twins and Xylo and they are posting dismal numbers. Rexton numbers are OK-ish.

Honda: Honda has lost the third spot to Mahindra this month by just 500 units. This is a wonderful see-saw fight happening every month. Interesting. Would be really good if Tata and Toyota can post slightly better figures and that could make the fight very interesting. Honda is almost touching its peak especially with them exporting Jazz to South Africa. Is that why Honda is not giving a clear picture of the launch of Jazz in India?

Amaze has grown a bit retaining the second spot in the sub 4m sedans. This month again it posted over 7k comfortably beating the Xcent and Zest. Brio is never going to recover and will do around the 1-1.5k mark only. City has dropped a bit but is still ruling the C2 segment with a good margin. Mobilio numbers have dwindled further dropping to its lowest in 6 months. 1600 is definitely a flop from Honda perspective. Not sure why they still maintain that they are having a very good demand for Mobilio. They have not raised the price for Mobilio alone post the excise duty cut. That itself proves that Mobilio was over-priced and does not really deserve a premium.

Tata: Tata is not able to convert the interest and buzz on the new launches into sales numbers. Such a shame that a wonderful opportunity is lost.

Indica+Vista selling more than Bolt and Indigo+Vista selling more thannn Zest is simply unbelievable. Are there some discounts or deals running for the older models?? How else can we explain this. Who is at mistake here - Tata motors or its customers?? Numbers of 2k and 2.5k is pathetic for such capable cars. Nano is back again to familiar territory of ~1.5k. Sumo numbers are decent but cannot hold a candle to Bolero numbers. Aria needs to be replaced by good looking Hexa ASAP and I am sure it will make an impact. Safari is also selling much below Scorpio.

Toyota: Totoya has taken the "Reliability" tag so far and charging a lot of premium. However, Indian customer looks to be mighty impressed by this USP.

High profit models like Innnova, Fortuner and Corolla are getting excellent numbers for Toyota and are kings of their respective segment. Cheap Etios + Liva + Cross are also doing familiar numbers of ~2-2.5k. 0 Camry is unbelievable. Looks like dealers were not able to sell much of the 97 Camrys dispatched last month. 48 Prados dispatched this month might be good enough for the next 6 months [lol]

Ford: Overall sales dropped below 6k which is less than even what just Celerio managed. Take away 4.2k Ecosports and they sold just about as much as Mobilio. Figo's drop from last month is almost same as the drop in Ford's overall figures. Which means all other models have sold almost identical numbers as last month.

Volkswagen: Chevy and VW have been swapping their positions each month and this time the Germans beat the Americans!!! By just less than 50 units. This in-spite of Polo numbers dropping a bit. All thanks to the new Jetta. But hold on - they might not be exact sales figures. They have to send the new Jetta to showrooms as display pieces. Dont they? God knows when they are going to enter big number segments like sub 4m sedan, CUV, mini-SUV, etc. High time they bring in the next generations of the Polo / Vento and also new products to the market.

Chevrolet: None of their cars managed to touch even 1.5k. Most of them sell below 500. However they compete with VW and beat the likes of Fiat and Skoda comprehensively. They have so many bits and pieces cars each selling a bit and contribute to the overall sales. High time they reinvent themselves or simply remain in the market with not any role to play.

Renault: Take away 3k odd Duster and they hardly sell 500 cars. Luckily for them, they hardly have any competition. Come the Hyundai iX25 and Maruti S-Cross, Renault is doomed. Lodgy however should bring in some decent numbers. Not sure how successful their rumored small car will be especially since it will compete with Maruti's bread and butter cars.

Nissan: Unfortunately a highly under-rated brand in India. Very unfortunate that they have fallen behind their French partners. Who is to be blamed - Nissan itself. Unexciting and dated products, non-existent marketing, 0 confidence inspiring A.S.S. None of their products sold over 1000 and shows the confidence Indians have on this brand.

Datsun: A never heard before, unknown Datsun is selling more cars than Skoda - a brand that has been in India long enough to be a blockbuster seller. With a petrol only range and miniscule sales outlets and still selling over the Fiat and Skoda is remarkable. However, that is hardly an achievement considering they sell only bare-bone low cost models. IMO, they ought to sell at least 1.5k each of Go and Go+s.

Skoda: Came into the Indian market well before parents VW and have been in market long enough to gain all the goodwill in the world. What they managed to achieve instead was to go below the goodwill they had even on Day 1. Pathetic attitude. worst A.S.S have become their brand image. Nothing much to say.

Fiat: In-spite of not being a Fiat fan, my heart bleeds when I see Fiat right at the bottom of the charts selling 500 odd cars in a market where they have been longer than all other competitors. Posting their worst figures in a long long time, there is not much to speak about the numbers.

HM - Mitsubishi: They sell a few Pajeros and this month they sold lesser than last month. God knows when they plan to sell other cars here.

It would be interesting to see the split between the Safari and the strome, between the Indigo and the Manza. Can some one provide that?

On a lighter note, lets appreciate how Aria and Yeti are still holding fort with two digit sales :)

India's largest Auto Manufacturer posts its March sales figures. Great show as usual by MS.[clap]

Maruti Suzuki sold total of 111555 units in March 2015. This includes 103719 units in domestic market and 7936 units in exports. The company has sold a total of 113350 units in March 2014.

Broad sales break up
Alto+ WagonR 40159
Swift/Ritz/Celerio/Dzire 38710
Dzire Tour 2613
Ciaz 4215
Gypsy+Ertiga 6218
Eeco 11768

Source: Maruti Suzuki

From Tata Motors Press Release -
In March 2015, Tata Motors passenger vehicles recorded sales of 15,039 nos., a growth of 19%, compared to 12,640 nos., sold in March 2014.
The trend of growth in passenger vehicles continued - with the strong Zest and Bolt sales. While the sales of the passenger cars in March 2015 was 12,977 nos., higher by 33%, over March 2014, the UV sales declined by 28% at 2,062 nos., in March 2015.

TATA Motors Media Centre

From Tata Motors Press Release -
In March 2015, Tata Motors passenger vehicles recorded sales of 15,039 nos., a growth of 19%, compared to 12,640 nos., sold in March 2014.
The trend of growth in passenger vehicles continued - with the strong Zest and Bolt sales. While the sales of the passenger cars in March 2015 was 12,977 nos., higher by 33%, over March 2014, the UV sales declined by 28% at 2,062 nos., in March 2015.

TATA Motors Media Centre
Sales of passenger vehicles in the domestic market in March stood at 15,039 units

I think this is their strongest show in a very long time.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom