Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Thread Starter #1
TATA IS WORKING TOWARDS HAVING A DUSTER COMPETITION

Tata isn’t just working on an Ecosport competition with the Nexon concept, but has also started developing plans towards a Renault Duster competing SUV. This SUV as we know has been codenamed as Q501. This will be a five-seater SUV, which will be made on the Discovery platform (integrated body frame), which isn’t as heavy as ladder chassis, but also flexible for off-road conditions. Tata Motors calls it the Raptor platform and will share it with the next Sumo and the XUV500 competition.

This new five-seater will be powered by a 1.5-litre Fiat multijet engine. There were talks of this being a 2.0-litre engine, like the Q502, which is a XUV500 competition. A 2.0-litre engine will be an expensive deal, especially as the competition will have 1.5-litre and 1.6-litre engines. It will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission. This will be priced between Rs 10.5-13lakhs (on-road price).

This could also translate as the replacement for the Sumo Grande. This Duster competition will sit between the Safari Storme and the XUV500 competitor (Q502). In its SUV line-up, the Safari Storme facelift will be the next car in line for a facelift. So, Tata will five SUV in its line-up; the Sumo Gold replacement, the Nexon (which will be the Indica Vista platform), the Duster competitor, Safari Storme facelift and the XUV500 competitor. The Aria facelift (Eagle) might be cancelled; only a minor upgrade of the Aria might be seen. We do not have any confirmed news on this, but the Eagle plans have been postponed for the time being.

Source:Tata is working towards having a Duster competition - MotorOctane

Thread Starter #3
Re: TATA Q501 SUV with 1.5Multijet engine will be Duster Competitor

Is it like Duster and Ecosport are on two different segments ?[surprise]
And what's the point of Duster being regarded as something in higher segment than Storme ?

And what's the point of Duster being regarded as something in higher segment than Storme ?
Storme any given day is 10 times better than duster. But I sense the sarcasm there

Thread Starter #6

Duster and Ecosport both are different segments in terms of size and pricing because EcoSport is Sub-4-meters light SUV and Duster is Mid size light SUV

Storme any given day is 10 times better than duster. But I sense the sarcasm there
Agree Safari Storme is much better then duster but were duster scores more is its Fuel Efficiency and light body but Safari still beats when its comes heavy duty offroad [clap]

I personally feel that Duster is not value for money vehicle but still people are buying the only major reason its mileage [roll]

Agree Safari Storme is much better then duster but were duster scores more is its Fuel Efficiency and light body but Safari still beats when its comes heavy duty offroad [clap said:
I personally feel that Duster is not value for money vehicle but still people are buying the only major reason its mileage [roll]
IMO one who goes for true SUV will never consider only mileage when buying it, a lot of other factors play a major role. however duster is not an SUV its just SUV lookalike.

Thread Starter #8

IMO one who goes for true SUV will never consider only mileage when buying it, a lot of other factors play a major role. however duster is not an SUV its just SUV lookalike.
Duster is an 65% SUV and 35% a Station Wagon because its can able to do some Off road too see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lJnPw0cs9g

and i can agree on your worlds when it comes to Ford EcoSports because Maruti WagonR and EcoSports looks like same in terms of size [evil]

Thread Starter #9
Re: TATA Q501 SUV (1.5 MJD) To Rival Renault Duster

Tata Q501 SUV To Share Underpinnings With Land Rover Discovery Sport

Despite sharing the same platform, the Tata Q501 and Land Rover Discover Sport will be completely different and will also employ different engines under the hood.

Early last month we reported that Tata Motors is working on two new SUVs codenamed Q501 and Q502 that will go on sale by 2017. Now more details on the upcoming Q501 SUV have emerged online. The first product to spawn out of the Tata and Land Rover collaboration, the Q501 will be sharing its underpinnings with the new Discovery Sport (L550) and compete against the Mahindra XUV500 at the lower end of the segment and the Toyota Fortuner at the higher end.
While the Tata Q501 SUV will be sharing its platform with the Discover Sport, both the SUVs will be radically different from each other in terms of design and engine options. The Q501 will continue to get the familiar Tata design and could possibly get a Fiat sourced 2.0-litre MultJet II diesel engine under the hood. This engine is expected to produce anything between 150-175 BHP of power and lower powered versions could be used as well.

Read more at Tata Q501 SUV To Share Underpinnings With Land Rover Discovery Sport | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Its clear that TATA want to put Heavy Locolisation of Land Rover Discovery Sport platform so we may expect Locally produced Land Rover Products to and The Tata Q501 could be a potential replacement to the Safari Storme SUV

If the final design of the Q twin SUVS is frozen and also the kite twins may be displayed at the Geneva Motor Show this March. Geneva has always been a major event for TATA MOTORS and always presents the best of their efforts here.

Waiting to see what will TATA Motors debut in this Motor Show. Hope it is something lovely.

Yes TATA may surprise us in Geneva Motor Show [clap]

and I hope so that at they may revive the ROVER Cars Brand in UK
Well I guess they should revive the rover brand here in india. Basically no one would put 20+ lacs on a Tata vehicle. See the Aria case study. Finally they had to come up with a 9lac version of aria pure. Aria no doubt is a very capable vehicle but brand perception and cost pulled it down.

So Tata should take this feedback and launch these luxury SUV under the Rover brand. So you have Tata brand vehicle till 16 lac range. then you will have Rover brand to give you entry level luxury vehicles from 16-30Lac range. then you have the good ol Rangies and Jags to cater to higher segments.

Thread Starter #13

Well I guess they should revive the rover brand here in india. Basically no one would put 20+ lacs on a Tata vehicle. See the Aria case study. Finally they had to come up with a 9lac version of aria pure. Aria no doubt is a very capable vehicle but brand perception and cost pulled it down.

So Tata should take this feedback and launch these luxury SUV under the Rover brand. So you have Tata brand vehicle till 16 lac range. then you will have Rover brand to give you entry level luxury vehicles from 16-30Lac range. then you have the good ol Rangies and Jags to cater to higher segments.
I think at present conditions we dont need ROVER Brand in india because TATA slowly started its Brand value and i dont think so that TATA ARIA failed due to TATA brand image its failed due to its bad boxy looks most of the people dont like but when it comes to UK Market Reviving ROVER brand makes good sence in european market because its well know oldest brand and right now TATA's upcomming products are looks good so its good idea to sell TATA cars under ROVER marque in UK

To get good positive responce put Rover Cars UK as subsidiary of JLR and provide spares and service though JLR Service centers and sale Rover Cars along with Land Rover Defender(use land rover showrooms)

i feel that TATA ZEST based full size sedan will be good first offering with Rover Badge [:D]

I too think TATA should give a think towards the Rover brand.

Coming to the Geneva Motor Show, I expect to display atleast 3 concepts and the Kite twins may debut here as it is a perfect launch pad. 2 SUV concepts and a Sedan concept should take the center stage. Apart from this an MUV based on the TATA MOTORS DESIGN CONCEPT should see the production version.

Why is Tata concentrating only upon bringing Duster rival and not the ecosport rival?
IMHO both duster and ecosport competes with each other and everybody knows the fact that it cannot beat the likes of Storme and Scorpio.

Another question is how are they going to bring it below Storme?? I guess this prototype will kill it's own sibling.

Top Bottom