• Mercedes Benz CLA CLASS 200

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Untitled.png

Buddies, Here is a head to head comparo between 2 hot and newly launched sedan i.e Audi A3 and the Mercedes Benz CLA Class 200.

Of the mentioned parameters which one do you feel shall be VFM buy for the consumers?

Regards

Akash

Hmmm. IF and WHEN I have THAT much money, would I really care about VFM ???

Price is around same (23L to 35L) and Power is also same for both. But the toruqe difference in Petrol ... VahRehVah. A VW / Skoda sibling is a better choice than the A3 when you consider the maintenance aspect on top of VFM tag. Octy achieved 7.3s run to 100kph, IIRC. My choice is the Three-Pointed Star.

Prayer time: ALL my beloved Gods, please prevent people from saying "Ciaz is a superior car to these two due to its 510 liters of Boot Space, 5 gears wear less than 6/7 gears, the proven 1.3L national Engine is much better than these engines, etc".

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Untitled.png

Buddies,

Since I drove the Diesels of both Cars hence based on the figures highlighted above about torque and pick-up, clearly shows that the CLA Diesel is sluggish and feels under-powered. At the time when I had done this quick TD of CLA Class, the executive of MB did tell me that their car might feel under-powered initially but the mid-range torque is what makes all the difference. Hence, based on my TD experience of both, I have voted for Audi A3 Sedan.

Regards

Akash

Akash,
Saw ur early morning post earlier but had time only now to reply. A quick comparo at Compare Skoda Superb vs Audi A3 - CarWale reveals some interesting facts:

• Skoda Superb (I'll call it SS from now on) is 350 mm longer than A3 and 200 longer than CLA.
  • It is the widest car of the three.
  • Wheelbase of SS is almost 100mm more than A3 and 60mm more than CLA.
  • Both SS & A3 use same 1.8L P and 2.0L D Engines. Only the A3 engines have better tuning. CLA is all out 2 litre.
  • The SS Petrol is 22.5L, A3 Petrol AT is at 29L and CLA Sports P is 35L (all ex-showroom) .
  • The SS Diesel AT is 25.4L, A3 D AT is 26L and CLA Diesel is 35.9L (all ex-showroom). No wonder Petrol Superb sells that many more in numbers than Diesel.
  • SS has 8 Airbags.
  • SS has 565Liter boot space [lol].

Summary:
IF I were lucky to have a successful (and legitimate) and booming business or born rich or had a grand-father/father who owned a Granite mountain or any one of those e-mails offering me 10 million $ were true I would buy the Merc. Easy comes easy goes.
Fact is Me is what I am and such huge money is seen only in movies. Then, If I decided to buy a hooter of a car at less than 30L then these are my picks:
VFM Winner of Petrols : Skoda Superb (plus a big poster of Merc)
VFM Winner of Diesels : Audi A3 (plus a big poster of Merc).

As Merc appeared twice in the VFM award, my earlier vote in favor of Merc is still valid, na ?

PS: I have reserved a 30x40 site for my D. If my future son-in-law is not interested in money or the site, I'll sell it and buy ......... a Beemer. Ha Ha Ha.

Top Bottom