Saw ur early morning post earlier but had time only now to reply. A quick comparo at Compare Skoda Superb vs Audi A3 - CarWale
reveals some interesting facts:
- Skoda Superb (I'll call it SS from now on) is 350 mm longer than A3 and 200 longer than CLA.
- It is the widest car of the three.
- Wheelbase of SS is almost 100mm more than A3 and 60mm more than CLA.
- Both SS & A3 use same 1.8L P and 2.0L D Engines. Only the A3 engines have better tuning. CLA is all out 2 litre.
- The SS Petrol is 22.5L, A3 Petrol AT is at 29L and CLA Sports P is 35L (all ex-showroom) .
- The SS Diesel AT is 25.4L, A3 D AT is 26L and CLA Diesel is 35.9L (all ex-showroom). No wonder Petrol Superb sells that many more in numbers than Diesel.
- SS has 8 Airbags.
- SS has 565Liter boot space .
IF I were lucky to have a successful (and legitimate) and booming business or born rich or had a grand-father/father who owned a Granite mountain or any one of those e-mails offering me 10 million $ were true I would buy the Merc. Easy comes easy goes.
Fact is Me is what I am and such huge money is seen only in movies. Then, If I decided to buy a hooter of a car at less than 30L then these are my picks: VFM
Winner of Petrols : Skoda Superb (plus a big poster of Merc) VFM
Winner of Diesels : Audi A3 (plus a big poster of Merc).
As Merc appeared twice in the VFM
award, my earlier vote in favor of Merc is still valid, na ? PS:
I have reserved a 30x40 site for my D. If my future son-in-law is not interested in money or the site, I'll sell it and buy ......... a Beemer. Ha Ha Ha.