Phased Out Car With Good Discounts OR New Car With Low Discount?

Which Car Will You Buy?

• A Phased Out Yet Reliable one with heavy discounts.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A Brand New Contemporary Car with Low/ No discounts.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

If given a choice, Which type of car would you buy i.e A phased out, yet reliable car with good discounts or a New contemporary car with Low Discounts?

Eg: Like SX4 has been phased out and Ciaz has entered. So, If a in-stock new SX4 is offered to you with good discounts by Authorized Dealer then will you go for it or still will buy a brand new Ciaz with Low/ No discounts?

Looking forward to your views!

Regards

Akash

If the phased out car has suffered from very low sales figures during its life cycle.
Then new car with low discount or no discount is good choice.

Though it is mandatory by law to provide spare parts from date of phasing out the car. Low sellers are likely to face delays.

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
But jut one question, why would dealer keep phased out car in showroom ?
Hi RK, Actually the phased car inventory is accumulated either due to cancellation of bookings or may be due to over allocation of the model by OEM to Dealers. So, when such cars are phased out, OEM permits the Dealer to sell them off at a discounted rates.

Regards

Akash

One example for this. By december end Hyundai stopped Santro production. But still lot of people love to buy a Santro. It was selling in good numbers till stopped. The other options from Hyundai are Eon and i10.Eon was not powerful as santro and i10 is costlier. So people still looking for santro.

Hyundai dealers are very well aware of this and they are keeping stock of santro and selling without much offers too. people are ready to buy the same also.It was same case with M800 & Alto too. But as you know the Estilo & A star from maruti stable were not that hit in market and sold with huge discounts after production stopped.

SX4 is a good car but the sales figure is reason to worry. But if you are have a good budget to buy a car like CIAZ then you can think of other options in market with safety and lot of features.

Instead of buying a new SX4 with a good discount, I would probably think of buying a used one. In current market you will see lot of SX4 [Top variant] in an excellent condition.

If you are looking for a diesel car then,

Ford Fiesta [ABS+ESP+Airbag]
VW Vento [ABS+ESP+Airbag]
Skoda Rapid [ABS+Airbag]
MS CIAZ [ABS+Airbag]
Honda CITY [ABS+Airbag]
Hyundai Verna [ABS+Airbag]

SAFETY FIRST !!!

I will say better to go for newer versions than phased out ones.
But check that-
1.If both old and new model have same technical spec,it won't make a big difference,there will be more features in newer one.
eg- Ford Figo sedan (new going to be launched) and Ford Classic(going to be discontinued).
Same was the case with Ikon when Fiesta Classic was launched
2. Phased out models spares mostly will be available,but some parts like seat adjustment levers( Not in much demand ones), may take some time to arrive,but definitely spare will be offered.

Agree with @vishnu it totally depends on make and model if existing model is getting facelift like new polo, only an enthusiast can make a difference out of two.
On the other side if it is getting a totally new makeover from inside out with better specs and looks surely go for it for better resale value and new technology.

The scenario with old and new dzire way back in 2012 when new sub 4 dzire was released. I heard many withdrew from waitlist as they were not provided old dzire.

One major parameter that decides is the duration for which the customer wants to own the car. If one sells cars every 3-4 years then buying a new car with less discounts makes sense. Ford fiesta classic is now having mouth watering discounts, "but" it will be good buy if one is willing to keep the vehicle for 7-8 years to enjoy the benefits as not much resale can be expected from a 8 year old car when compared to a 4 year old car. As far as spares and service is concerned it is mandatory for the car companies to provide these two to the customers atleast for 10 years from the date the car is discontinued.

If there is a difference between 'brainless' and 'no brainer', then a new car without any discount is the one to opt for. Rest if 'brainless' and 'no brainer' are same things then one can opt for anything.
IMO Ciaz is a no brainer choice and SX4 is brainless. Similar with the Scorpio, I have seen people asking dealer for providing an older gen because it looks better to them!

I would go for a brand new car.The phased out car has lost all its charm & there is no point in purchasing such car.As for eg SXR looks very outdated car.Of all the Maruti car it was dud in sales
Now Ciaz has replaced it & it is a worthy replacement

Here is where the trade mark(name) plays.If Ciaz is named as New SX4, then some people will look for old gen sx4 if discounts are available and for the reason that it will not affect the resale value as the trade mark is not removed.But here Maruti done the name change and it has heavily affected the SX4 market.

But there is also a chance that people still look for old vehicle if it was reliable.For example ,take the case of Qualis.I will surely go for a Qualis if it is still available.So IMHO,my decision will depend on the product.

Top Bottom