This thread has exhaustively covered about the initial impressions of XUV5OO. And I really don’t think that there’s much to say, because after all the pictures are worth thousand words. So I would like to share only a few quick points about this SUV.
- Pictures don’t do the justice to tell about the characteristics of XUV. This car actually looks humungous and also stylish when you look at it in flesh.
- The interiors are overall extremely spacious with quality material used inside, except for a few areas. But the finishing offered (on black plastics) is absolutely superb.
- The interior colour combination is brown and black which looks better than being entirely black, though a beige combination may look even livelier.
- Tail lamps have a small stylish pattern on them which describes about Mahindra’s attention to the detail.
- There are plenty of cubby holes here and there. You won’t be complaining about storage areas anyway.
- The middle row offers oceans of space and can easily accommodate three full sized adults.
- Third row is limited on space and I’m afraid that it can become tiring to sit in for continuous long journeys.
- Boot space is almost invisible. If the car is carrying total seven people for a long trip along with a regular sized luggage for each – You’ll be left with no choice other than fitting a carrier on top (as seen in one of the pictures below).
While it is clear that most of us are praising about XUV500 for it’s absolute value for money factor but how it performs real time in the long term can be answered only through the genuine ownership reviews. I'm definitely will be eagerly following the first hand ownership reviews on our forum. Note: Mahindra XUV500 booking amount is Rs.40,000 and deliveries begins in a couple of weeks. However, On-Road (Delhi) prices have not been confirmed since there is a slight revision for the road tax for Diesel vehicles in Delhi.