New Hyundai MPV Scheduled For India

Thread Starter #1
A launch is expected in 2016.

Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) has made its product roadmap quite clear: 2015 will see a crossover and compact SUV, while 2016 will be the year of MPV. IndianCarsBikes now has a rendering of the Hyundai MPV based on the Grand i10.

While elements like the headlights and grille are borrowed from the Grand i10, overall design inspiration comes from the HexaSpace concept which was unveiled at the 2012 edition of the Auto Expo.
Hyundai officials have hinted that future products in mass segments like compact SUV and MPV will have localization of nearly 90 percent. A high localization content in turn helps the company with pricing, which is key in case of the MPV and compact SUV. These new products will be instrumental for HMIL to reach its domestic sales target of 500,000 units by 2016. Last year, the brand sold 410,000 units.

Needless to say, the MPV will come with petrol and diesel engines, which could be borrowed from the Verna. These 1.4-liter and 1.6-liter motors have established themselves as trouble free units in the Indian market.

At the moment, HMIL says that its lone Chennai plant is sufficient to satisfy domestic demand even in the near future. However, reports point out that the company is scouting for a second plant which could be set up in Rajasthan.

Competitors: Maruti Ertiga, Honda Mobilio, Toyota Innova, Chevrolet Enjoy

Expected Price: INR 7-11 lakhs, ex-Showroom

Launch date: 2016

Source:Hyundai MPV based on Grand i10 rendering

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Hyundai Styx’s platform to spawn a new MPV for India - Report

Hyundai has contemplated an MPV for India since 2011. According to a new report from carandbike, Hyundai is studying an people carrier again. The platform underpinning the upcoming Hyundai Styx is likely to form the basis for this MPV.

Hyundai-Hexa-Space-1.jpg

The report says that this MPV could serve European markets and South Korea as well. This indicates that maybe the company is thinking of a model around the size of the Hyundai ix20.
The Hyundai ix20 is a reskinned version of the Kia Venga, and both are quite old now. Reports suggest that with the Kia Stonic’s arrival, the Kia Venga isn’t likely to undergo a full model change or get replaced by another model. Whichever the Hyundai MPV for India be, the next-gen ix20 or a first-ever model, it should have a circa-4.4 metre body with space for three-rows and the Maruti Ertiga in sight.
The Maruti Ertiga sells around 4,700 units/month (2018: 56,408 units), while the Toyota Innova Crysta that costs nearly twice more, sells higher, surprisingly, around 6,500 units/month (2018: 78,130 units). The reception to the Mahindra Marazzo has been positive, while the new Ertiga is drawing over 800 bookings a day. No wonder the South Korean automaker is keen on reviewing its MPV plans.

The Hyundai MPV for India, if given the green signal, is unlikely to arrive before the end of 2021. This year, the Styx, Kona Electric and the next-gen Grand i10 are in business plan. Next year, the next-gen i20, next-gen Xcent and the all-new Hyundai Creta will keep HMIL busy. On the top of these, several facelifts are awaiting launch by the end of the decade, not to mention the BSVI upgrade to the entire line-up.

Source:Auto.ndtv

Top Bottom