All-New Honda Amaze Now Launched (Coverage: Pg.2)

Thread Starter #1
Honda is working out plans for the next Gen Amaze for markets like Thailand, Philippines and the Indian market.
The next Gen Amaze is expected to be wider,so as to offer more cabin space, but will retain its current wheel base and length. The car will be built on the current platform that is common to Brio and Mobilio.
As of now it is possible that Honda could bring in thenew 1 liter turbo petrol engine from its ]V-Tech family or continue with the same 1.2 liter petrol engine mated to 5 speed manual gearbox. The diesel offerings will be same 1.5 liter turbo diesel unit with 100 bhp and 25kmpl.

AMT or a similar low cost alternative offering can be expected.

But 2018 seem to be a bit far away for this segemt, when chances are they the <4m rule for tax benefits could be scrapped!

http://www.autocolumn.com/2015/01/scoop-next-generation-honda-amaze-to-debut-in-2018/

Thread Starter #3
Re: Next Gen Honda Amaze To Debut in 2018

Next generation AMAZE to be plusher than the current car.

0_578_872_0_100_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_ExtraImages_20171128030004_Honda-AMAZE-2018-render.jpg

the carmaker is aiming to increase width, which would make the rear seat comfier to sit three abreast. As it is, the current Amaze is among the most spacious of compact sedans. More room would give it a serious edge over direct rivals and even some pricier mid-size sedans.
The Amaze will carry forward the same 1.2 i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 i-DTEC engines as the current model. An automatic version is also expected to be offered from launch.

Source:ACI

kkn13

Suspended

AT means CVT or torque converter not AMT/DSG/DCT thankfully
Good move !!

I am loving this new 2nd Gen Amaze. The silhouette retains Accord like design, slopping lines towards rear. Design isn't look overdone, simple and stylish. This car should do good.

I saw it in flesh yesterday at Expo. Although it looks different, but didn't appealed to me.
Somehow the looks are quite boxy to me.

Much better looking than the current gen Amaze. I felt that the front section has some resemblance to Brezza. Overall a good package and feature sets. Should revive the sales numbers for Honda.

I loved the AutoCar render than the real ! But the good thing is that it has grown wider and got lot more features than previous one for instance cruise control and first of a kind diesel CVT automatic B) !

Why did Honda kept the hood with a bit of SUVness ? Are they planning another mobilio? !

Looks really nice in the exterior. Interiors don't look too bad either! Most value additions are front adjustable headrests , ICE and nice supportive front seats . Addition of rear adjustable head rests and maybe rear a/c vent would have made it a package very difficult to refuse.But alas!

This one looks good inside out compared to the current Amaze. Hope the interior quality too is vastly improved. Moreover the features that can attract a wider range of people also included. Better TML launch the JTP editions of Tigor sooner than later.

Hope honda prices it wisely rather then their insane pricing strategy.Dzire is already doing superb with the compact sedan market is concern and hyundai with their excent in taxi market.New generation amaze looks good and hpefully their give better interior quality with right pricing.
Amaze has the worst diesel NHV levels and with the new amaze hopefully honda would have improved on this part.

Last edited:

Apart from other versions Amaze is going to be launched in Diesel CVT avatar. Anyone has more information on same ? Hope the pricing is sane.

Top Bottom