Hyundai To Bring a Toyota Innova Rival in 2016

Thread Starter #1
Hyundai India is putting together a new MPV that is set to rival the best selling Toyota Innova. The MPV from Hyundai will hit the Indian car market in 2016.
Hyundai-Hexa-Space-MPV-Concept-1.png
While Hyundai will enter the compact SUV and crossover segments next year, with the likes of the iX25 and the Elite i20 Cross, 2016 will be the year of the MPV
Hyundai-Hexa-Space-MPV-Concept-2.png
Not many details about the Hyundai MPV is known at this point of time.
People movers in India come with a diesel engine as a de-facto option, along with petrol engines served up to satiate the minority of the market. In line with this, both petrol and turbo diesel engines are likely to be on offer in the new MPV from Hyundai. A monocoque bodyshell and a front wheel drive layout are the other attributes that could make it into the MPV.
Hyundai-Hexa-Space-MPV-Concept-3.png
Official - Hyundai India to do a Toyota Innova MPV rival in 2016 | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

So Hyundai is stepping on the gas and gearing up the competition in all segments. With the MPV, it would set foot in all segments including the luxury segment with the likely introduction of genesis.
Going by the image it seems more like a sub 4 metre vehicle.
vm2011, any details on the specs available?

That's definitely making a style statement there. A class looking MPV. yeah even i think it would be good competitor for innova but i doubt this will have a 2.5 lt engine. from the looks its small and may be compete in the LUV,MUV sector. than the premium MPV Sector

it seems to me as same league as Ertiga & Mobilio.
Engine may be a 1.4 diesel and 1.6 petrol doing duty in i20.
May be with 1.6 diesel mill for higher variants.

The designs look different. Hyundai looking strong with its variants coming up in all segments. are we going to experience another revamp in the auto mobile industry. lets see what it has to offer when it enters the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
Hyundai MPV confirmed.
Direct rival the Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio; sub-4m SUV also under consideration.

0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20150721060926_HYMPV0.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20150721060932_HYMPV1.jpg

At the launch of its Creta SUV, the company has confirmed that development of the MPV, which will rival the Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio, is underway.

Known for now by its internal codename ‘IP’, this new MPV will share a lot of components with the Creta SUV. However, it will use a lower-cost platform and underpinnings – a hybrid of various platforms that could even borrow some components from cars like the Grand i10. In fact, this modified, lower cost version of the Creta platform could spawn more models in the future. Initially, the car will use the 1.4-litre petrol and diesel engines from the Verna, which make 105bhp and 89bhp respectively, but the 126bhp 1.6-litre diesel and 121bhp 1.6-litre petrol could be introduced later. Hyundai also wants to get an automatic gearbox into this MPV as soon as possible to make sure it gets a first-mover advantage
What’s also interesting is that Hyundai is toying with the idea of a sub-four-metre compact SUV to sit below the Creta and take on the Ford EcoSport. The smaller size, of course, would allow for a more aggressive price, and this car will share the lower-cost platform with the IP MPV for a further price advantage.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/hyundai-mpv-confirmed-396386.aspx

Last edited:
Good move this by Hyundai, so it will be the only manufacturer to have the entire range of segments, starting from A to D2, the ertiga is the only one holding its fort in the MPV segment, the Mobilio and the evalia are overpriced, the enjoy is very basic and this one from Hyudnai should be able to take a fair share of the pie.

Top Bottom