Nissan To Launch New X-Trail SUV in India

Thread Starter #1
Good news first - The latest generation of X-trail will be India bound. Bad news as of now is there is no definite launch date. Will take the CKD route to start with and would contain cost rather than the CBU way.
2014-Nissan-X-Trail-SUV-3.jpg
The 2014 X-Trail SUV was first unveiled at last year’s Frankfurt Motor Show. The SUV features monocoque construction and is larger than the outgoing model in terms of length, width and wheelbase. Ground clearance stands at a hefty 210 mm while the seating on the inside has been tweaked to accommodate 7 adults.
2014-Nissan-X-Trail-SUV-1.jpg
The new X-Trail is based on the common module family (CMF) platform and comes with a barrage of features on the inside, which also gets a completely new design. The SUV also looks sharper than its more butch looking predecessor. In terms of mechanicals, the new X-Trail gets a 1.6 liter-4 cylinder turbo diesel engine with outputs rated at 130 Bhp and 320 Nm.
6 speed manual and CVT automatic gearboxes are on offer with this engine. The 3rd generation X-Trail is lighter than the outgoing model by nearly 90 kilograms, thanks to the extensive use of weight saving materials. The SUV gets a ALL Mode 4X4-i all wheel drive system on top end variants with the base model making do with a front wheel drive layout.New safety equipment on the new SUV includes park assist, lane departure warning, blind spot alert, forward emergency braking, moving object detection and high beam assist. These safety aids are in addition to airbags and ABS+EBD.
CarToq Exclusive - Latest Generation Nissan X-Trail SUV India Bound | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

The new X-trail is a long way away from the one I used to have years ago!

It's disappointing to see it losing it's off-road capability to the demand for soft-roaders, since I originally loved the older one for being a real off-roader. But I guess times are changing.

Glad they are retaining the brilliant intelligent 4WD system though.

Top Bottom