Will We Ever Get a Safe Automatic Hatch Under 6 Lakh?

Thread Starter #1
A safe automatic car with abs, dual airbag with a decent FE be it AMT, CVT or torque converters under 6 lakh. Is this too much to ask? I was eagerly waiting for bolt to explore this option atleast in petrol avatar with AMT and found it was a total waste of time waiting for it, as there is no automatic as of now. Is the budget of 6 lakh too small?? Do you guys think so? I feel we should have a good B segment hatchback with safety as standard for India. But the question is when will we get one.

Last edited:
A safe automatic car with abs, dual airbag with a decent FE be it AMT, CVT or torque converters under 6 lakh. Is this too much to ask? I was eagerly waiting for bolt to explore this option atleast in petrol avatar with AMT and found it was a total waste of time waiting for it, as there is no automatic as of now. Is the budget of 6 lakh too small?? Do you guys think so? I feel we should have a good B segment hatchback with safety as standard for India. But the question is when will we get one.
Sadly no car is there with AT gearbox and Safety features. The nearest to 6 lakh price are Nissan Micra(6.63) & Honda Brio (6.27). The real problem lies in people not buying car with these safety features which results in companies not keen on investing for Top End versions. Maruti Celerio AMT is the best example which is bare bones in terms of features in VXi/LXi trims. So you either have cars that are loaded very pricey and cars that are not so loaded priced low and sell well. I hardly see Micra AT, Brio AT while MTs are a lot common. We need lots of time to mature. In 2-3 years you might see AT cars under 6 lakhs that have all safety features. Also people are now ready to spend, i20 Diesel costs around 9.50 lakhs, the same people 5 years back were not ready to pay 8.50 lakhs for the most "Well Engineered Car", Honda Jazz in 2009. So like this we expect to people change thier thinking towards some particular things in cars.

Yeah, i seriously think that it is high time Honda launches the Jazz now in the market and price it competitively initially. With the success of the 4th Gen City, Honda is sailing high and people paying for costly hatches like elite i20 definitely creates a lot of hope of Jazz doing well this time in the subcontinent. I wish that Honda this time maintains its export quality build with the jazz (unlike the City which is slightly lightly compared to its Thai brothers) as it is going to be quite pricey for a hatch.

Cars that are not loaded well and with absolutely zero safety features but priced low sell well. A good example is the swift dzire. Almost 9 out of 10 dzires that I spot are VXi which don't even come with ABS!! In today's time, any car costing about 10 lacs OTR should come with 6 airbags ( or 2) and ABS, EBD and ESP as mandatory.

Thread Starter #4
I was reading about Renault launching xba hatch in mid 2015 & was shocked to see that its based on Datsun go platform with AMT transmission. It's known to even small kids from social media that Datsun go is the worst car with no structural integrity in its body shell even. Still Renault going to make a new hatch with the same one showed the arrogance and attitude they have towards India. I feel ashamed to say no lobby in India can stop these structurally unsafe cars from plying in Indian roads, leave alone abs and airbags.

Top Bottom