Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Launched @ ₹11.21 Lakh (Coverage: Page 7)

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, I had seen this camouflaged XUV a bit of time ago but I thought that it was being delivered to someone. As it has been leaked that the XUV that these were the facelift photos I was cursing myself for not capturing some photos. Anyways this is one pic i managed to find on the internet. There is a chance that this might be the Hybrid version because according to the description, the car accelerated quickly without emitting any smoke. Anyways here are some excerpts from Team-BHP describing the facelift-

An updated Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing in Chennai. There is only one image, which shows the tailgate of the vehicle lightly camouflaged.

According to the spotter, the XUV500 had a new alloy wheel design. The dashboard of the car was covered suggesting that it could be given a makeover as well. The XUV500 could also get a tweaked front end.
The XUV500 is believed to have accelerated quickly with visible no smoke emitted from the exhaust pipe. This could mean that the car's engine is tuned to deliver more power or even the presence of a petrol or hybrid unit under the hood.

None of these possibilities can be discounted as we have already had reports that Mahindra is developing, petrol hybrid and automatic variants of the XUV500.

Attachments

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Spotted!

posts from team-bhp thread of the same topic

"According to my sources, its a 150 bhp version of the XUV 5oo and an automatic version is coming out too."

"Yes, as per the source refreshed version is coming out in few months."

It might be a petrol version for export.
But i am not sure. Read somewhere that XUV will come with a 150 BHP petrol motor.

Hey guys, I want to buy xuv500 now, should I wait till march 2015? and what changes it will get?
facelifted xuv 500, I want to buy manual xuv 500 (no hybrid, no automatic), so will the facelift will be for both? automatic and manual? what facelifts will it have and when it will be launched?...pls help me

Maybe it is the XUV petrol hybrid.
Something that M&M showcased in auto expo. A very smart idea I must say it was.
Electric drive on rear wheels using BLDC hub motors which result in fantastic space efficiency as well as reliability.
Smokeless and quick acceleration points towards either petrol or a petrol hybrid and since it was really quick off the line - maybe it was the effect of engine+motor, like in many parallel hybrids.

We have heard mahindra working on real hybrids for their suv's and not what they have offered till now.So chances maybe we see the hybrid version coming out.
As per the report from that forum, member who shared this picture also commented that they had driven this car pretty fast accelerating and no black smoke was seen so may be the petrol variant it might be.

Thread Starter #7

Hey guys, I want to buy xuv500 now, should I wait till march 2015? and what changes it will get?
facelifted xuv 500, I want to buy manual xuv 500 (no hybrid, no automatic), so will the facelift will be for both? automatic and manual? what facelifts will it have and when it will be launched?...please help me
Hi lawbreaker, I was also in the same dilemma but i have decided to buy the XUV soon. Since there are gonna be minor updates such as a slightly redesigned interior and front.
The front will be redesigned to have that transparent bonnet which was there on the Auto Expo XUV hybrid. Apart from that don't expect any major design changes, there will be the petrol and the hybrid motors launched and also an auto tranny . Though if you want none of these then safely go for the current XUV. It should be launched somewhere around March end or so.

The front will be redesigned to have that transparent bonnet which was there on the Auto Expo XUV hybrid.
:lol!: Buddy, you made my day! :stupid:
That transparent bonnet was to show whats under the hood and to show that there are some electricals as the car displayed(the one parked outside too) was a hybrid whose front wheels were driven by the engine and rear were driven by the BLDC hub motors.

Hi lawbreaker, I was also in the same dilemma but i have decided to buy the XUV soon. Since there are gonna be minor updates such as a slightly redesigned interior and front.
The front will be redesigned to have that transparent bonnet which was there on the Auto Expo XUV hybrid. Apart from that don't expect any major design changes, there will be the petrol and the hybrid motors launched and also an auto tranny . Though if you want none of these then safely go for the current XUV. It should be launched somewhere around March end or so.
As per news of upcoming budget and media, vehicles may cost more in year 2015. Most of Manufacturers including Mahindra are offering attractive discounts on these days. So before Budget is a good time frame.

Thread Starter #10
New XUV coming to India soon?

Is the new XUV coming to India soon? There is some speculation about the launch of the new XUV and there were some hints given by the Showroom sales guys about a tentative Jan 20th announcement but when pressed further were vague. Here are some links which are making me hesitate buying XUV right now with the discount-
Mahindra XUV500 Facelift in the Offing? Spied Testing
Mahindra To Launch XUV500 Facelift In 2015 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Please confirm these reports and tell me because we would any day wait for the facelift.

ok after so many thinking and mind boggling ideas, i decided to wait till match 2015 for the facelift, [frustration], coz i went to the showroom to ask, and the sales executive told me just wait till march - april around budget 2015, then the car will be launched , it will have automatic transmission, chrome tail above number plate, and few design changes in front, he told me it would be based on some fluidic design like we have in hyundai verna ....[confused],,,so im waiting, lets see what mahindra comes up ...[clap]

Thread Starter #12

ok after so many thinking and mind boggling ideas, i decided to wait till match 2015 for the facelift, , coz i went to the showroom to ask, and the sales executive told me just wait till march - april around budget 2015, then the car will be launched , it will have automatic transmission, chrome tail above number plate, and few design changes in front, he told me it would be based on some fluidic design like we have in hyundai verna ....[confused],,,so im waiting, lets see what mahindra comes up ...[clap]
Same here but we are waiting till Feb start. Then if the facelift doesn't come- we are gonna get the current and the facelift and go to hell![evil] Anyways I would suggest that you should also try the same. The upgrades( if they come) will be minor and it won't be worth shelling that extra 1.25 or more lakhs on it.

Purported Mahindra XUV500 facelift testing – Spied

The visible change on the outside is a new applique for the rear registration plate enclosure. However, the report suggests that a new alloy wheel design was also seen on this test mule. The dashboard of the car was under wraps too, suggesting that minor changes could be seen to the colours and material quality.

Mechanically, the XUV500 would continue with its 2.2-liter four-cylinder mHawk diesel engine which makes 140 bhp and 330 Nm of torque, and is available with a 6-speed manual transmission with front wheel drive or all wheel drive. However, Mahindra could choose to introduce an automatic transmission on the facelift, as the company has indeed confirmed that such a model is under development.

Also confirmed by the company is a hybrid option for the SUV, a pre-production concept of which was shown at the Auto Expo this year.

Read more: Mahindra XUV500 facelift caught testing - Spied

Attachments

Thread Starter #14

Purported Mahindra XUV500 facelift testing – Spied

The visible change on the outside is a new applique for the rear registration plate enclosure. However, the report suggests that a new alloy wheel design was also seen on this test mule. The dashboard of the car was under wraps too, suggesting that minor changes could be seen to the colours and material quality.

Mechanically, the XUV500 would continue with its 2.2-liter four-cylinder mHawk diesel engine which makes 140 bhp and 330 Nm of torque, and is available with a 6-speed manual transmission with front wheel drive or all wheel drive. However, Mahindra could choose to introduce an automatic transmission on the facelift, as the company has indeed confirmed that such a model is under development.

Also confirmed by the company is a hybrid option for the SUV, a pre-production concept of which was shown at the Auto Expo this year.

Read more: Mahindra XUV500 facelift caught testing - Spied
Im sorry but i think this is no facelift, look carefully and you will find that nothing is changed. Just another hybrid (sigh) no facelift [frustration].

A family friend of ours went to the mahindra showroom in middle of december to buy xuv500.

the sales person said that they had sold the stock they had of xuv500.HE mentioned that all chandigarh tricity dealers are out of xuv500 and the facelift launch is just around the corner because company is not sending them xuv500 now.

they further went to 2 more dealers in tricity but none of them had xuv500.one of them also said that this is why the company was offering discounts on the car.

Last edited:

Top Bottom