Mahindra e-Verito Launched @ Rs.9.50 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Targeting the commercial segmnet and expecting to sell ~100 units a month, Mahindra's plan the release of this variant in Mid 2015. They would be eyeing to export this variant as well.
Mahindra-Verito-Electric-at-Auto-Expo-2014-1024x682.jpg
The maximum range it offers is 80 km, while it can do speeds up to 85 km/h. To fully charge the EV, it will take seven hours, while a fast charge (that takes an hour) can also be done. The final power and torque figures are yet to be released
Mahindra Verito electric to launch in 2015

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Mahindra To Launch Verito Electric in 2015

Buddies,

M&M to launch India's first four-door electric car today. Verito electric will come equipped with a 29KW power train which gives 39bhp power and with an advanced lithium ion batteries which help the car to cover 100km distances with seven hours of full charge.

Link

Regards

Akash

I doubt the practicality of the vehicle for commercial segment. It has maximum range of 100km and takes 7 hours to charge fully. Who will opt for this. Or May be I am wrong. How is M&M trying to impress the commercial segment?

I guess, if the maximum range was around 250 KM, it would have made sense. Am I wrong?[thinking]

-CARleone

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I doubt the practicality of the vehicle for commercial segment. It has maximum range of 100km and takes 7 hours to charge fully.
Really tricky specs indeed. Moreover, seeing the condition of electricity during summers and rains, it would be tough to charge it for 7 hours together.

Who will opt for this. How is M&M trying to impress the commercial segment?
In commercial segment, can you imagine a vehicle taking 7 hours to charge? Can any fleet operator make it stand for 7 hours just for charging. In 7 hours he can earn from other cars. Why will a fleet operator go for it knowing that for 7 hours the car shall be immobile? Also, In a fleet, even in local running, 100 km can be covered within 3-4 hours atleast here in Delhi-NCR which means if the car completes 100 km in say 5 hours then again for 7 hours it has to stand for charging. So, I see it as a non-profitable yet eco-friendly product.

I guess, if the maximum range was around 250 KM, it would have made sense. Am I wrong?
True. 100 km in 7 hour full charge is really not good.

Regards

Akash

350Z

Core Team

Mahindra has finally launched the e-Verito at Rs.9.50 Lakh (Ex.showroom, Delhi). Thanks to Akash for this live update. Stay tuned for coverage.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom