The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Indian Auto Sector (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/)
-   -   Renault Captur Slated To Debut in India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/19630-renault-captur-slated-debut-india.html)

Vishwas 26th September 2017 02:02 PM

Re: Renault Captur Slated To Debut in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by acechip (Post 549463)
At the risk of repeating, I would like to ask what exactly is premium about the Captur that isnt there in other cars ? Most of the features are also present in the Duster , and a critical capability-AWD is not yet offered in the Captur. I simply cant fathom someone buying a Captur at 17-18 lac over a Creta/XUV/Compass. Those cars, especially the XUV offer so much more.

Exactly, There's nothing much special about this car for Renault to be proud of releasing in India that too positioned above it's sibling Duster. What were they thinking?? Going to take on XUV and other competitors in the Crossover/SUV segment? Naah! [lol]

I'd approve of it's success if it was the replacement of the duster, the price bracket of 17-18 lacs sounds much higher.

acechip 27th September 2017 08:14 AM

Here is another point from my side. While a lot of people criticize the Duster for its bland interiors, those interiors have done a splendid job of keeping together without a rattle or color fade in my particular case. Yes, some of the ergonomics are weird , but nothing that is a deal breaker from the actual driving experience itself. The seats are quite comfortable, and the ride quality is still absolutely intact after 2 years. So I dont particularly mind calling the Duster a non-premium but extremely useful vehicle, in fact it best symbolizes the Utility part of the SUV, with its ability to seat 5 adults, and 475+ litres of luggage and travel comfortably over almost any kind of surface with ample power.
But Renault must realize that when the funky looking Tata Nexon is out there, with equal power/torque numbers as the Renault 1.5 litre engine and virtually same or more features for atleast 4-5 lac less, who will buy the Captur ?

vikyjoshi 4th October 2017 12:28 PM

Renault Captur a big Sham

Renault Seems to fooling the indian public and how.

I read it in TBHP and was alarmed at the cheekiness of the OEM to blatanly fool indian public. In the ad by Renault shows the UK spec Captur which has 5 star rating. The UK based capture is based on the Renault Alliance B platform. Where are the Indian based Renault Captur is derivative of Russian Kaptur and has exterior similar to the UK Captur however, the underlying platform is Dacia platform and not the B platform.

Now since the vehicle is based on totally different platform, isn't it a sham to attribute safety ratings and awards won by Captur on B platform to the Captur being developed on the Dacia platform. They have been very clever to keep the exterior same but a totally different platform.

They consider indians to be fool? After having a Tin can called Kwid, they seem to have to stooped to a new low. The vehicle is named as Captur same as sold in UK but with a different and definitely an inferior platform (Dacia). Else why would they not have the same Captur launched in the country.

To me this seems like plain blatant lie. Just like we have a apple vendor who allows us to select all the apples we want and then coolly by slight of hand replaces the bag with his rotten apples, Renault seem to be playing a fast one on us. It is only upto us not to allow this sham to percolate into country. Else we will have all foreign OEMs giving us rotten apples.

This is my view. I am open to your views as well.

Below are a few links which I went thru to come to my conclusion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_B_platform
Where all the platform and models on the platform are mentioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Captur
Wiki of renault captur where we see captur is based on 2 different platforms.

kasscon 4th October 2017 12:37 PM

Re: Renault Captur a big Sham

I was thinking to post the discussion, Glad you did and beautifully composed[:)]

Coming to Renault, it's a shame and they removed the add video from the youtube after the thread got highlighted on Team-BHP and Crazy Driver(Kudos).
Come on Renault, you guys are a great company and this was not expected out of you. Now get out with an explanation/apology if you did it by mistake(very unlikely) and never try to con Indians like this coz if you can get success from a low specced Duster then you might get punished as well by Indian Buyers [anger]

Here is the link if anyone wants to see and missed what they tried to do

kkn13 4th October 2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acechip (Post 549562)
But Renault must realize that when the funky looking Tata Nexon is out there, with equal power/torque numbers as the Renault 1.5 litre engine and virtually same or more features for atleast 4-5 lac less, who will buy the Captur ?

People wanting a more proven engine (like me)
Ive seen this engine last 3L km on my own car after I sold it to my local car broker's son
I take any new product with a pinch of salt, more so with Tata and Mahindra whose 1st gens are more experimental with niggles

If Duster/Captur had good interiors and a good AT ,Id have gone for it eyes closed (AMT doesnt count)

Thats why Im eyeing Creta, Compass, Ecosport for my next purchase
Nexon was on the list until I took a TD of both petrol and diesel