GM To Enter Compact Sedan Market in India

Thread Starter #1
Following the demand for the sub-4 metre compact sedan being dominated by Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Chevrolet is expected to come up with a new compact sedan to rivalTata Zest, Honda Amaze and Hyundai Xcent as well GM reworks its Indian strategy.
Code named MCM GM India is reworking its strategy with a focus on exports and entry into new segments such as sub-4 metre sedans. If implemented, the short sedan based on the M300 platform and the new generation Beat hatchback are expected to hit the market in 2017.
04_12_2014_005_006_011.jpg
This launch is expected to happen before the proposed global emerging market (GEM) platform cars, previously called Amber Project, get the go-ahead.
The export push is part of the de-risking strategy of the company, with volumes in the domestic market falling continuously despite new launches such as the Sail UVA hatchback, the Sail sedan and the Enjoy MPV in 2013.
GM may shift lanes to boost lagging sales - The Economic Times

Last edited:
C'mon GM,get in there ! [:D] Now,Thanks for the news Mr.VM2011.There are many things they have to do or they will end up like Daewoo in India.I can list out my Suggestions

Overall Chevy current Sail Bro's Weakness

1) Fit & Finish and Build Quality not upto Competetion Standards
2) Unexciting Crap Basic Interiors,Exteriors
3) Current Sail Sedan more than 4M long (Yes,There are people who consider size than Price point)
4) Very Basic Rear Styling
5) Many Cielo-like feautures like the Centrally Placed Power-window Switch and Pull/push Door Lock
and Flappy-Door Handles where Competetion have moved on with Pull-type Door Handle
6) Noisy Diesel Engine and Bad Low-end Torque on Petrol
7) Missing features (No climate control, MID, steering-mounted audio controls, seat height
adjustment)
8) Sensitive steering at high speed (Because of that Stupid EPS.I wanna kill the founder of EPS !)
9) Ugly Speedo Dials with Digital RPM and Analouge Speedo - Shoud have been in Reverse

So,When they release an Improvement,It would be great if they adress all these issues and then this Car will do something what Cruze did,allover again

Finally GM started feeling the heat. I'm not a a fan when it comes to sub 4m sedans. IMO Chevy Sail itself is a compact sedan. It was priced competitively, rear seat comfort was better many other sedans, diesel engine tuning for low end was far better, but certain old school features couldn't make good sales volumes.

Coming back to the topic, if Sail was priced so competitively a sub 4m with better tax benefits should be more competitive init's segment. It's right time for GM to regain the market share provided they don't launch a built-to-cost car now.

Finally GM started feeling the heat. I'm not a a fan when it comes to sub 4m sedans. IMO Chevy Sail itself is a compact sedan. It was priced competitively, rear seat comfort was better many other sedans, diesel engine tuning for low end was far better, but certain old school features couldn't make good sales volumes.

Coming back to the topic, if Sail was priced so competitively a sub 4m with better tax benefits should be more competitive init's segment. It's right time for GM to regain the market share provided they don't launch a built-to-cost car now.
So True,Mr.Boss.Can't Agree More.The Sail Bro's had much better Interior Space and Boot space than some of it's Rivals with also Awesome Ride Quality on Bad Roads and with Decent performing Engines.

About that Built-to-cost thing,Every Chevy in India is Built-to-cost : Remember the Old Chevy Optra SRV 1.6 Supercharged ? One hell of a Super-charged Beast that was and was priced more than 8 Lakhs with Optra-like Space,Comfort and Lotsa Performance !

P.S - Dad Owns a 2004 Chevy Optra LS 1.6 Sedan !

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

It might look like this!!

1558580_10152551294066234_4553938748429347391_n.jpg

Codenamed MCM, the compact sedan project is expected to take flight before GM’s Global Emerging Market (GEM) platform cars (project Amber) see the light of day. The sub-4 metre sedan would lock horns with the Maruti Dzire, Tata Zest, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and the upcoming Ford Figo sedan and VW’s compact sedan based on the Polo platform.
[URL="http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/chevrolet-beat-sedan-chevrolet-mcm-160539?utm_content=bufferff321&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer]Link[/URL]

Regards

Akash

Friends,

It might look like this!!

View attachment 153935

[URL="http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/chevrolet-beat-sedan-chevrolet-mcm-160539?utm_content=bufferff321&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer]Link[/URL]

Regards

Akash
Holy Cow ! WHAT ?! Now,That ain't fair GM ! But though it would become one the most Funkiest Sedans in India.I never ever thought it was like this.

GM has the biggest portfolio of products across segments after Maruti and Hyundai...

Spark, Beat, Sail UVA, Sail, Tavera, Enjoy, Cruze and Captiva.

Still the company is placed 9th with 1.89% market share. Entering the CS market is a good strategy, but the only question is how serious the company is? since the product is going to compete with Dzire, Amaze, Xcent and Zest. While the Zest and Amaze might not post real threat, the Dzire would.

Lets wait and see if MCM is the answer GM is searching for....

In my opinion , SAIL series are underrated. i cant find any bad reviews about them.
yes they lacks some nice features but it do have
1: Excellent Ride quality
2:Saftey features in mid variants.
3:Decent looks

I doubt GM will end up with such a design. Using Beat's platform is a good choice for sub 4m sedan, but the complete shape carry over will make it a ugly duck.
Well,The Ugliest,Sir.It would finally be the Death of the Matiz Series ! I wish They bring out the Sail with Optra Seats and some New Age Tech and they will be rocking again.Please Re-design the Back of both the Cars.The Back of Chevy SRV with LED Lamps would look the Hottest.I also badly need GM to brong the Side profile of the Hot looking SRV.Also Back from Optra will be Great for the Sail.I am talking about the Round Tail Lamps from Optra.

ChevroletSRV.jpg

IMG00140-20110526-1541.jpg

srv_ex_main1.jpg

Sigh...finally GM wakes up from its slumber. A refreshing change from those dull and dated looks of those Chinese tin cans. Hope this is first of the many launches to come. I really want to see Captiva's younger brother Trax launched in India. Would do really well with the Cruze engine against creta and duster. Any pointers towards engine power for Essentia sedan?

Doesn't look as impressive as the Kite 5 (Tiago Sedan).Defenitely looks much more stylish than the Sail.But this has a lot of work to do.They need to improve everything from Sail.Ride Quality and Gearbox has been a great thing on Sail,They need to preserve that.They need more features too,In order to rival the competition.Also the Sail had a light and sensitive steering,Need to make it give more feedback.Give Driver Airbag as standard.And price it aggressively.With good marketing,I can see this being successful,Still not as successful as the Cruze was though.

But currently ATM,GM is trailing behind a lot.

Re: Next Gen Chevrolet Beat Coming in 2017 in India

2017 Chevrolet Beat Essentia spied camouflaged

Chevrolet-Beat-Essentia-rear-three-quarters-spy-shot.jpg
Chevrolet-Beat-Essentia-rear-spy-shot.jpg
Chevrolet-Beat-Essentia-rear-threee-quarters-right-side-spy-shot.jpg

The new generation Chevrolet Beat range that was teased in June 2016 will be launched in India this year. Weeks ahead of its reported launch in March 2017, the Chevrolet Beat Essentia has been spied in India yet again, courtesy IndianCarsBikes.

Top Bottom