I test drove the petrol Tigor XZO earlier this week and thought to share my observations with our community. My dealership folks were kind enough to bring the TD car to my place and were very nice and polite throughout the TD (3 of us test drove it). Note that these are purely my personal views based on the 20 minutes I got to spend with the car. Observations:
- Vibrations (gear lever, seats, steering) are relatively very low compared to Tiago. Makes me envious
- Noise levels in cabin is way better. I even declared the horn was meek in Tigor, until I heard it from outside. It is of a different tone from Tiago but of the same loudness.
- Doors felt heavier than Tiago.
- Power delivery is about the same as Tiago, I did not feel much of a difference. Need to spend more time to notice subtle differences.
- Steering is even more lighter in Tigor, makes it a pleasure to use in crawling speeds.
- Gear shifts are buttery smooth and clutch is softer than Tiago. Tiago's gear shifts are notchy.
- Rear leg room has obviously increased. No change in rear seat bench, I would preferred a little more under thigh support.
- Boot space is very good, though I suspect it cannot hold two big (33Kg) suitcases for airport trips.
- Parcel tray is placed much higher than usual and I do not think it can be of much use. Though it could have been done to increase boot space.
- Fabric cushions for door pad arm rests (all 4 doors)
Headlights are awesome looking:
Car looks much better in flesh than in photos:
Looking from the back, I feel Tiago looks a lot better than Tigor, especially that black cladding in bumper looks alien.
Front Grill design is updated and looks refreshing:
Dashboard boasts off the infamous Harman audio system with its touch screen. Auto AC controls have a piano black finish.
Seat Fabric design has been changed but material and comfort levels are same. Notice the grey section of interior trims are a shade darker in Tigor.
All 4 doors get fabric inserts for arm rests
Steering gets full black inserts, I prefer the silver inserts of Tiago:
No visible differences in the engine bay:
I did not feel any difference in Tigor during engine startup and idling: