Tata Tigor (Kite-5) Compact Sedan Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Tata Kite Compact Sedan spotted testing for the first time ever

Tata Motors has just commenced testing the Kite compact sedan, which is meant to replace the Indigo eCS in the Indian automaker’s entry level sedan line up. Like the Indigo eCS, the Kite will be a sub-4 meter compact sedan and will be the second such offering from Tata Motors, in addition to the Zest. The Kite compact sedan will have a hatchback sibling, which is due for a launch next year. Tata Motors will first launch the Kite hatchback next year, followed by the compact sedan, which is primed for a late 2015 launch. The Kite hatchback will replace the Indica.

Coming to the Kite compact sedan that was spotted testing outside Tata Motors’ Pimpri factory, the car will come with one of the freshest designs seen on a Tata budget car. The Kite compact sedan will look more European than Oriental and will featureTata Motors’ brand new and aggressive design language. While the Zest plastered camouflaging is designed to fool spotters, the rear door gives Tata Motors’ game away. The car will be sold with petrol and diesel engines. While turbocharging is a given for the diesel motor, the petrol motor may also see the addition of a turbocharger now that the automaker has introduced the REVOTRON motor on the Zest.

The 1.05 liter-3 cylinder turbo diesel motor featured on the Tata Manza Hybrid is likely to make the cut into the Kite hatchback and compact sedan cars. Expect both manual and automated manual transmissions on the Kite compact sedan. The big story around the Kite compact sedan is likely to be its value-for-money quotient. The car will be positioned under the Zest in terms of price and positioning. A starting price close to the 4 lakh rupees mark will mean the Kite compact sedan will be a compelling alternate to B-Segment hatchbacks sold in India.
Source:CarToq Exclusive - Tata Kite Compact Sedan spotted testing for the first time ever in India | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Spied! Tata Kite Compact Sedan (Indigo eCS Replacement)

I guess that boot lid looks like notchback(Skoda Octavia boot lid) so tata may position this car as a compact notch back
Yes indeed it does looks like a notch back. hope they don't goof up like verity vibe and provide a drawer like boot.

Need to see the front end. Looks like Tata getting the design better product after product.
If it is suppose to be positioned below Zest, then how much equipment will it get ? Another low cost HK music system coming ?
And one more concern, Has our market matured to accept and buy a notchback ?
Two sub-4m sedans..!! Hmm Wait and watch. Isn't it better to get a proper sedan over Zest ?

Wishing good luck TML.

Interesting and fast news!
Tata is all over the news and market nowadays, thanks to the Zest, Bolt and concepts unveiled!
Tata seems to be quite determined and acting fast on regaining it's market hold. While even the Kite itself is under beginning stage of testings, here comes the Notchback version of it! Way to go TML! [clap]
I hope they don't mess the boot opening mechanism like the Verito Vibe.

I don't think this is going to make a difference in TATA Motors' fortunes. The way Hyundai i10 set benchmarks when launched, TATA Motors need a product to take the market by storm. What they normally end up offering is a pedestal fan; customers will keep saying TATA Bye Bye (pun intended).

This is one more good move by Tata Motors in the right and positive direction. A Compact notch back (yes looks like one) will surely take the market by storm as world class product Tata Zest which is setting new benchmarks in CS class and in just two months crossed the sales figures of Honda Amaze. And the sales numbers are quite healthy month after month and rising...
Good going Tata Motors.

Excited and waiting to see more pics from different angles of this notch back!

I hope they don't mess the boot opening mechanism like the Verito Vibe.
This fear is completely ruled out as it more looks like a notch back. The full rear glass along with boot door opens fully up. Visualize the boot opening with old Skoda Octavia.

the car will come with one of the freshest designs seen on a Tata budget car. The Kite compact sedan will look more European than Oriental and will feature Tata Motors’ brand new and aggressive design language.
More European than Oriental. Sounds like music to my ears!!!

Last edited:

Wow! I love the design. Now this will surely change the new face of TATA Motors. Tim Revelton seems to have used all the international experience he gained to put TATA motors into the international league.starting with the Zest, the design keeping the limited time and old body frame design unchanged, has managed to make it a modern and decent car.

Good job Tim!

Very good move by Tata.
Nice to see drastic improvement in thier attitude to laugh new products rather then updates.
Kite looking exciting and will do very well like Zest.
Though Tata must find solution to the supply constraints it is facing right now before introducing Kite, Bolt, Xeon SUV.

Thread Starter #13

i guess TATA is going the Maruti Suzuki way, two cars per segment. they will have two hatch backs, two sedans (sub 4 meter). Hope it works for the company.
Maruti doesn't have two compact sedans till now but tata already have two cs cars so Kite will be 3rd one [drive]

i am eager to look the front portion of the car. There seems to be some interesting design being applied on the headlights. From the above pictures the head lights seems to be raised up above the metal/ fibre glass edges. To me it seems to be on the lines of sunny.

It has been ages since Indigo models were released by Tata. A replacement is definitely need of the hour. Hope Tata gets it right. When Tata launched Indica , the design was refreshing and space was good with diesel heart. They need to replicate that kind of success again. Zest is a good step forward, but efforts needed to continue the success story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom