Maruti Wagon-R Automated Manual Transmission Coming Soon

Thread Starter #1
Logical choice. Should improve its sales ! But please replace the front shiny grill! It looks like a mirror ![frustration]

Is wagon r AMT launch imminent?

There were quite a lot of news regarding the launch of wagon r stingray AMT at a time and later about ertiga also. Is there any confirming news about the same. I really feel and believe if wagon r AMT is launched, that would be the end of sales of celerio AMT considering the confused looks of celerio. If anyone of the forum members got news about wagon r stingray AMT or Tata Bolt AMT launch, lets discuss it here..

Thread Starter #4
Re: Is wagon r AMT launch imminent?

Wagon R AMT is imminent - They will have specific varaints with this.
Do not forget Celerio sales will not drop as the company is gearing up for its diesel variant launch.
With the raising fuel prices diesel will continue to dominate and you need to see what Mileage figures the Celerio diesel will get.

But anyone got any solid dates about the launch. I have been waiting for long for a good hatch with AMT to replace my old wagon r manual. And it was always for wagon r AMT itself because it put a tick in almost all columns. But the launch... It's been a long wait already.

Thread Starter #10
Oh.. That's too late. Is there any other launches from maruti in the pipeline?
Celerio diesel will come in April and S Cross ( name to be finalised ) to come in May .
S Cross will rival the Duster/Terrano and upcoming ix25 from Hyundai.

Thread Starter #11
Innovative stop-start system for better fuel efficiency; likely to be seen first on the Wagon R. The system called Eco Cool could debut in the AMT Version.

The inclusion of this feature will result in a fuel-efficiency gain of approximately 2-3kpl in standard driving conditions.
The Eco Cool system keeps cool air flowing even when the car is idling by using a type of cooling storage device included in the air conditioner unit to chill air. The idling stop system is currently available on some Mahindra offerings under the ‘Micro Hybrid’ moniker, and Maruti will become the first manufacturer in the hatchback segment to offer this feature in our market.

Eventually be seen in most Maruti offerings in our market.

Maruti may bring idling-stop tech in India | Car News | Budget hatchbacks | Autocar India

This car getting uglier day by day. Is it just me or anyone else? The MS stable cars are getting more ugly in the name of facelift? I hated older Wagon R, but after seeing this, I started to like older Wagon R!!!

Top Bottom