Which Car Manufacturer Offers Good Service and Roadside Assistance?

Which car manufacturer among these provide best service and roadside assistance

• Honda

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mahindra

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Tata

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Skoda

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Volkswagen

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Fiat

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Chevrolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Nissan/Renault

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Which car manufacturer provides good service and roadside assistance post delivery among the bunch? Well i am omitting maruti suzuki and hyundai as they are the largest sellers in India. Apart from these 2 automobile brands, lets take a quick poll to decide which other manufacturers provide good service and customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Mahindra has already in the next level when compared previously. It all started with XUV500. Well, looks like TML have realised their drawback and looking to change things and have a major turnaround in their image. Zest is their future. Skoda/volkswagen have been far better than what they were an year ago. But still needs time for people to gain their trust after all the initial hiccups. Looks like honda is the choice of many.

Thread Starter #5
Voted for Honda, as till now (6-7 visits to service centre) were good.
Good to know your review regarding honda. When i went to take TD of amaze they were generous to give details and to give a TD of amaze for a long distance. But when i asked them about discounts/offers/ free insurance etc they simply declined. Not even mentioned anything atleast regarding exchange bonus or corporate discount. Regarding service its a mixed opinion i got among my circle.
Well the guys at mahindra were spot on and were eager to answer specific things when i took TD XUV500. Add on to that my friends have a very good opinion about mahindra A. S. S which has improved by a far margin.
Guys any idea regarding skoda service? Please elaborate.

Last edited:
Being an owner of Honda City since 2012, I can safely say that Honda service is steadily going down. Why you would ask:

I faced the following issues during recent service (15Nov2014) at Highway Honda, Bhubaneswar:

1. Change of spares without my permission. (IMO, highly unacceptable)
2. Rotation of tires without my consent. ( IMO, I think this is unnecessary)
3. Hap hazard cleaning of Car's under-body and interiors.
4. No major issue with car, yet got the delivery way beyond the scheduled time.

This wasn't the case before. Earlier, I used to appreciate their professional attitude. Can't say the same now.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I too own a Honda City Ivtec (2011). Purchased from Ace Honda Noida. After running 13K in 2012 December when I went for regular service to them the SA said the disks of fronts brakes have got scratches. Immediately approached their VP and informed the whole issue. Their VP, Mr. Arun readily acknowledged my concern and issued a proper check and fired the SA left and right.

Case 2: At the 1st service of my car, It was nudged against a pillar at right corner of rear bumper. Had to take up the issue with GM of the ASC and with proof of job card they had to repaint the bumper F.O.C.

Honda's this ASC has been really casual on the cleaning of the car during the washing. I have actually stopped paying visit to the ASC and handle the car myself. I have no faith in Honda ASC.

Regards

Akash

@ the guy who voted for Skoda and VW: I would really love to believe that, but from many random sources I learned that Skoda has the worst After Sales Service and VW follows. I understand everyone can have different experiences, but if they really are good please clarify. Asking because I am nagging my dad to get a Polo for the family [:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I would really love to believe that, but from many random sources I learned that Skoda has the worst After Sales Service and VW follows. I understand everyone can have different experiences, but if they really are good please clarify. Asking because I am nagging my dad to get a Polo for the family
Shri, Allow me to share my experience with these 2 brands over the years!

VW acquired ailing Skoda in India in the year 2009. Since then, Skoda has been a part of VW but their operations are still different. You won't find a Polo/Vento in Skoda showroom and Vice-Versa.

As far as maintenance goes Skoda and VW are far apart. VW has better hold on after sales than Skoda though it can't be denied that VW is expensive to maintain. But honestly, European vehicles are heavy on pocket.

Skoda failed in After-sales because earlier it use to take lot of time to source the spares and their cost was exorbitant. Later on, they added a feather in their cap by being unaccountable for certain major mishaps involving Skoda cars. Finally, to set things right to some extent, they have started to source the spares from their Aurangabad plant.

However, VW is not bad as Skoda and their cars are also better in terms of reliability than Skoda. So, in case you are planning for a Polo then go ahead. Its a good car and fun car to drive for enthusiasts.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10
@ the guy who voted for Skoda and VW: I would really love to believe that, but from many random sources I learned that Skoda has the worst After Sales Service and VW follows.
Well this is what exactly i want to know the present scenario. If skoda is that bad then how are they still managing to sell cars here? its a mixed kind of opinion in the skoda forum. On a scale of 10 how is current skoda A. S. S. and their road side assistance response to customers. Their sales and SA are spot on and are indeed generous as i am currently in negotiation with sagar skoda here for Rapid 1.5TDI CR elegance which will be next family car. But still need a indepth review of customers and their experience presently at skoda.

@ the guy who voted for Skoda and VW: I would really love to believe that, but from many random sources I learned that Skoda has the worst After Sales Service and VW follows.
Well this is what exactly i want to know the present scenario. If skoda is that bad then how are they still managing to sell cars here? its a mixed kind of opinion in the skoda forum. On a scale of 10 how is current skoda A. S. S. and their road side assistance response to customers. Their sales and SA are spot on and are indeed generous as i am currently in negotiation with sagar skoda here for Rapid 1.5TDI CR elegance which will be next family car. But still need a indepth review of customers and their experience presently at skoda.
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! - Team-BHP

All the relevant links are there (for TBHP of course. There will be many more on the internet as whole)

This is about the Nummer Eins dealer. Maybe the others are better. Anyways, the case went on for six long years and just this July did he get the refund.

@ Akash1886: Thanks for the info! Threads like above really scare me.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
If skoda is that bad then how are they still managing to sell cars here? its a mixed kind of opinion in the skoda forum. On a scale of 10 how is current skoda A. S. S. and their road side assistance response to customers. Their sales and SA are spot on and are indeed generous as i am currently in negotiation with sagar skoda here for Rapid 1.5TDI CR elegance which will be next family car. But still need a indepth review of customers and their experience presently at skoda.
Siri, They are surviving because they don't want to go away from a lucrative market like India and now that VW has taken it over so the sustainability in India is not that big a issue for Skoda. The car that dented their image badly was the Skoda Laura. Believe me all the major mishaps that I have known have occurred in the Laura model. So, the best solution they decided was to discontinue it.

Skoda Fabia: When a market like India has the majority of population buying hatch backs which are VFM and reliable at the same time then why would one spend on a hatch which belongs to a brand known for unreliability. So, The best thing they did was, they discontinued Fabia. This car failed in India simply because of Skoda's brand image here.

Now they are left with a limited portfolio, i.e Octavia (Which was their flagship car for India right from day 1 and helped Skoda establish here.), Skoda Superb, Rapid and Yeti. So, they know their limitations and hence try to convince the prospective buyer with out of the way generosity.

For Rapid I would say, till now it has been the safest bet for Skoda because that was the car which came after Skoda Auto merged with VW. The Rapid shares its platform with VW Vento and many parts are shared between both.

Moreover, There will be less number of buyers for Skoda in the 18-20+ Lakh price band so they give major attention only to Rapid. Up till now, I haven't come across anything horrifying with regards to Rapid so I guess it is OK and would be less expensive to maintain than its siblings.

As for ASC, Skoda has to do a lot of homework before anyone can think of rating it.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13
All the relevant links are there (for TBHP of course. There will be many more on the internet as whole)

This is about the Nummer Eins dealer. Maybe the others are better. Anyways, the case went on for six long years and just this July did he get the refund.
This thread is really scary regarding skoda. Have they improved atleast currently in their approach to consumers? What is annoying is that even the top administrators of skoda India are acting helpless and telling the grieving customers to follow whatever crap their dealers are telling.[thinking][confused]

Top Bottom