Tata Motors and Mahindra: How Do You Rate Them Based on Their Attitude?

Your Pick?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Folks - just thought of understanding from all the folks here about their experience with Tata Motors and Mahindra. Am sure this will help potential buyers a lot.

Re: Tata Motors and Mahindra - how do you rate them basis their attitude

please add voting option to this thread to see the trend and for better visual presentation

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Tata Motors and Mahindra - how do you rate them basis their attitude

Hey Mate not sure how to add voting option there and hence this generic thing.

350Z

Core Team
Folks - just thought of understanding from all the folks here about their experience with Tata Motors and Mahindra. Am sure this will help potential buyers a lot.
Hey Mate not sure how to add voting option there and hence this generic thing.
I've included a poll. Please consider elaborating the criteria for voting. Whether it's about their attitude towards sales / marketing / products / customer service etc?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata and Mahindra

Head: Sales

1) Tata products are more into commercial sales (Indigo franchise and Indica and Vista, Sumo et al). Personally people have started associating themselves majorly after Zest got launched which shows in their sales. Zest sales shall see a positive change soon once it gets established.

2) Mahindra products are liked both for personal and commercial use. Their SUVs i.e XUV500, Scorpio have been fierce competition to others in terms of sales.

Head: Marketing

1) TATA: They advertise well atleast for Zest I have seen. Other than that they are not very aggressive.

2) Mahindra: Their SUVs are promoted via off-road events, TV ads and most importantly Bollywood Movies.

Head: Products

TATA: They have good line up of commercial vehicles and a good SUV like Safari. In passenger cars at present their portfolio has got nothing better and new than Zest. Hoping to see the new Safari.

Mahindra: Good product line up in MUV and SUV segments but Sedan and Hatch segment is missing out.

Head: Customer Service

1) TATA: Needs improvement.

2) Mahindra: Better than TATA but not too impressive.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Tata and Mahindra

Head: Sales

1) Tata products are more into commercial sales (Indigo franchise and Indica and Vista, Sumo et al). Personally people have started associating themselves majorly after Zest got launched which shows in their sales. Zest sales shall see a positive change soon once it gets established.

2) Mahindra products are liked both for personal and commercial use. Their SUVs i.e XUV500, Scorpio have been fierce competition to others in terms of sales.

Head: Marketing

1) TATA: They advertise well atleast for Zest I have seen. Other than that they are not very aggressive.

2) Mahindra: Their SUVs are promoted via off-road events, TV ads and most importantly Bollywood Movies.

Head: Products

TATA: They have good line up of commercial vehicles and a good SUV like Safari. In passenger cars at present their portfolio has got nothing better and new than Zest. Hoping to see the new Safari.

Mahindra: Good product line up in MUV and SUV segments but Sedan and Hatch segment is missing out.

Head: Customer Service

1) TATA: Needs improvement.

2) Mahindra: Better than TATA but not too impressive.

Regards

Akash
There seems to be evidence that TATA MOTORS has finally pulled it's socks up. They have improved on their services and customer experience and they have moved up 2 places up on the J. D. Power customer satisfaction index scale. They are many places above Mahindra.

Financial Chronicle said:
Tata Motors focus on customer satisfaction, to woo back buyers

Tata Motors is going all-out to please customers, right from buying experience to after sales service to enhance satisfaction, as it looks to overcome past issues and claw back to a dominant position in the domestic passenger vehicles market.

Buoyed by the response to its latest compact sedan Zest that managed to pip Honda's Amaze in October sales, the company is also integrating its 'quality process' in the entire product planning system from early design stages right up to the final vehicle.

"We have studied trends in customer complaints at every touch point and have worked closely with the quality team in the manufacturing facility on repair quality feedback," a Tata Motors spokesperson told PTI.

In the past, Tata Motors had faced issues related to customer satisfaction in its after sales and service resulting in poor perception.

The quality teams have helped the service team to resolve repairs in the most effective manner. The move helps in a revamped customer complaints management programme that is backed now by a post-resolution feedback system to ensure lasting resolutions and customer satisfaction, the spokesperson added.

Further, the company has worked on the supply side by re-working its logistics management system for speedy spare parts delivery. It has also has enhanced its distribution warehouse network with development of a warehousing facility in Pune.

"DHL has been earmarked as the Logistics Service Provider for promoting a world class logistics experience to all supply chain channel partners," the spokesperson said.

Besides, Tata Motors has also been working to enhance customer engagement it its dealerships by upgrading over 150 showrooms to improve ambiance and show-room experience.

"We will continue to focus on our national presence and continue to look at our internal and partner audits to fine-tune our customer service strategy to offer more services, quick turnaround times and enriched overall experience," the spokesperson said.

The initiatives being undertaken by the company have started to bear fruit as its latest offering in the compact sedan segment Zest has taken third spot, overtaking the likes of Honda Amaze.

Honda Amaze sold 3,482 units in October while Tata Zest sold 3,524 units during the month.

"With the determination to bring products that offer great vehicle experiences, the quality process is now integrated in our system from early design stages right up to the final product," the spokesperson said.

In the latest JD Power's Customer Satisfaction Index, the company has moved from 6th to the 4th rank.

In the April-October period the company's passenger vehicle sales had declined by 32.32% to 86,802 units from 1,28,263 nits in the same period previous period last fiscal.

[anger]I have no idea of Mahindra. But have of TATA because of owning nano.
Marketing
As far as the marketing is concerned they are very active in nano too from its initial days and still they are marketing for it.

Customer Service

They are improving as I Judged from last 2 years but not up to the mark. Service advisor's are slow in resolving the complaints, work shop mechanc have tendency to half rectify the problems, service advisor's not think its necessary to check the vehicle after repair work they take the work shop mechanic as experts. My problems are rectified only when I take CRM in between which I always do still 2 visits are required to rectify the problems completely.

If you try to complain through customer care of tata, you will receive a call from the same service advisor to enquire what was the problem, why you complaint first call us to rectify it. Should I call them even after they now all the issues already and resolved few. Seriously? Also once on direct call from the follow person (calls after the service) from the service centre to check if I am satisfied with the repair work and when I said no then I was confirmed that come back for another good day in work shop, and their is no benefit of complaint as they are the only showroom in the city in laughing manner to make thinks lighter.[shock]

Last edited:
I took TD of XUV 500 and Tata zest. Well my experience was quite almost similar. Both SA were generous and pretty informative. Well kind of expected at Mahindra, but was really surprised when i had this same experience @ tata.

I took TD of XUV 500 and Tata zest. Well my experience was quite almost similar. Both SA were generous and pretty informative. Well kind of expected at Mahindra, but was really surprised when i had this same experience @ tata.
SA are generous at tata but not the workshop people, things will change after a year before that you are serviced like the king.

SA are generous at tata but not the workshop people, things will change after a year before that you are serviced like the king.
Omg! Thats very bad! Tata has to really work hard to change its Image. Its not possible just by releasing an enthusiastic car like zest but to change its services rendered to customers post delivery. Seems mahindra is on a upper hand and it does deal with another segment totally though.

Omg! Thats very bad! Tata has to really work hard to change its Image. Its not possible just by releasing an enthusiastic car like zest but to change its services rendered to customers post delivery. Seems mahindra is on a upper hand and it does deal with another segment totally though.
As I said before TATA is working but not the service centre guys.

Attitude. Do I care? NOPE.

I dont care. Seriously. All I want is a satisfactory ownership and that Ive got.

NO VOTES. Sorry.

I would go for Mahindra in this case only because their cars are more solid and can be trusted. Especially the XUV5OO and the Xylo. Love those cars [;)]

Top Bottom