Has Tata's Horizon-Next Worked?

Has Horizon-next -Near perfect product and class leading sales and after salesworked?

• Yes, sales and after sales are fantastic

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Well, perhaps they are better than before

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No they are about the same

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Sorry, they are getting worse

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Friends
Is been a while since karl Slym announced horizon-next and 3 months since the Zest (all new) has been in the market.
The big push was for a near-faultless car with class leading sales and after sales.
I own a Vista but do not want to prejudice your vote.
What say-Horizon-next a real change at TML or marketing pitch?

Last edited:
Re: Has Horizon-next worked

My personal experience before even buying a tata safari storme has been really bad inspite of escalating to Tata Motors

Voted for 2nd from top in the list. Becoz there were many instances in which they are crowded heavily and some fellows in their service centers tend to avoid you for the same problem they addressed earlier. But what if you are not yet satisfied with the resolution towards that problem given by TASC?

Well, to my fellow TAI-gers, my advice is go to other TASCs and just address that particular problem seperately. This is very beautifully working for me [;)] Yet there is scope to improve their service satisfaction levels to great extent. Now it is just at par with others.

Last edited:
IMHO i think its too early to get a conclusion as their 'Next' project vehicles are yet to hit the roads other than Zest. Only after Bolt and others are released in the next year we will come to know how much of a success the project worked

Thread Starter #5
Perhaps you are right enigmaguy,maybe we are jumping the gun. It would help though if ASS improvement happened overnight. To be fair to TML they seem to be trying. Perhaps expectations from Tata are v high.

TATA MOTORS PRESS RELEASE said:
Tata Motors' total sales (including exports) of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles in November 2014 were 41,720 vehicles, a growth of 2% over 40,863 vehicles sold in November 2013. The company's domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for November 2014 at 37,427 nos., remained flat. While market continues to remain challenged by macroeconomic trends, segments such as M&HCV showed a 39% growth year-on-year. Other segments such as the Sedans continue to show positive growth due to the all-new Zest and Exports have grown in November 2014 by 17%, over last year.

Cumulative sales (including exports) for the company for the fiscal are 321,252 nos., lower by 19% over 397,243 nos., sold last year.

Passenger Vehicles
In November 2014, Tata Motors passenger vehicles recorded a growth of 16%, compared to 10,376 nos., sold in November 2013.
The trend of growth in passenger vehicles continued - with the strong Zest and Nano sales. While the sales of the passenger cars in November 2014 were at 10,286 nos., higher by 30% over 7,910 sold in November 2013, the UV sales declined by 30%.
Cumulative sales of all passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 80,187 nos., lower by 15% over last year.

Commercial Vehicles
The company's sales of commercial vehicles in November 2014 in the domestic market were 25,406 nos., a 5% decline compared to 26,816 vehicles sold in November last year. LCV sales were 15,954 nos., a decline of 20% over November last year, while M&HCV sales continued to show growth at 9,452 nos., which is higher by 39%, over November last year.
Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal was 208,397 nos., lower by 23% over last year. Cumulative LCV sales was 132,120 nos., a decline of 33% over last year, while M&HCV sales at 67,931 nos., were higher by 8%, over last year.

Exports
The company's sales from exports were 4,293 nos. in November 2014, grew by 17% compared to 3,671 vehicles in November last year. The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal at 32,668 nos., was lower by 2% over 33,418 nos., over last year.
Tata Horizonext seems to have worked well. Passenger vehicles sales have jumped by around 2.5k, from 7900 to 10300. Car sales have jumped 30% but UV sales fell the same 30%. They have mentioned that the newly launched ZEST and NANO have contributed to this result. So ZEST should have clocked around 5k this month.

Let's wait for the proper sales report to be published.

No they are about the same - Voted
Its very very hard to change peoples mind set.
Any way I successfully pushed 5 of my friends to buy a Tata car [:)]

Recently serviced my vista at Miles Motors, Vadodara. They have gone down from average to worse now.
1. Free dent (seems like a blow) in hatch door.I couldn't see it while taking delivery (saw this next morning) because the dent can be viewed in an angle.
2. Rear parcel tray was also bent. I did not notice it. I was busy looking at the engine and other areas for possible surprises.
3. My remote key lock button was damaged by some moron in that workshop. (I suspect the moron used his nail to pierce through rubber cushion). Before giving for service, I know that there was a crack on rubber cushion. But i cannot believe that a hole can be made.

So folks, beware, if you are purchasing car from miles motors vadodara, do not service car with them. They have gone worse.

They have to aim in changing the mindset and brand image among consumer. Even after 2 new launches its the same old story from TATA stable. IMO, they need a complete revamp!

If TATA really want to tackle their market share want to back their position into 3rd or even 2nd they should use their old success mantra creating new segments they did few years back

Currently compact sedans and Crossovered Hatch backs and SUV's booming market share so TATA need to attack on three different segments using one unique product by creating new segment thats makes really good sence market for example

make new Crossovered Compact hotchback car by misking three different cars flavour in one product take compact sedan body + notchback style boot door(like Skoda OCTAVIA boot door)+ add musculer arches SUV like rugged tyres and higher ground clearence output will deffinately looks like a product inspired by mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe style body

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
I agree,but exiting all new products seem a while away.
To me price seems to be an issue-my perception is that Tata is not seen as in the same league for quality and ASS as Hyundai by most people.. now consider the top end Bolt is 65000 dearer than the Grand i10 high end.To me ,when they are trying to win back customers, they should atleast be on par,if not less (?value for money/more car per car) than the competition

Top Bottom