Nissan October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen October 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vibhor, Thanks for coming up with yet another sales report. Excellent!

The top 4 positions are again held by Maruti Suzuki and major market share still under the grip of Maruti Suzuki.

Surprisingly, with coming of Ciaz, Honda City has taken a beating and thus its not in top selling vehicles in this monthly report. I knew for a fact that with Ciaz making its entry in India, Honda City's sales will see a major change and that is what has eventually happened.

Earlier the Honda City was epitome of entry level sedans but now Maruti Ciaz has changed all the figures and scenario.

Regards

Akash

why is sales of zest in 3000 range only?
It created much of a hype before launch.

Elite i20 is a big hit and received a grand welcome in terms of sales.

Interestingly,Ciaz has surpassed City.

Chevrolet is done. I can't see a ray of light for them.

why is sales of zest in 3000 range only?
It created much of a hype before launch.

Elite i20 is a big hit and received a grand welcome in terms of sales.
Pure Tata zest sales are mentioned in the chart above? It is good that public being reluctant to go for a Tata brand, Zest purely on its quality of interiors, features, ride and handling, comfort level and VFM pulled so many numbers and I feel it is just the beginning. With few more quality models like Zest (Bolt in the pipeline, Kite, Nexon, Safari Storme Refresh...) it is only going to get better for Tata Motors.

But I don't see the numbers of elite i20 and you come to a conclusion that it is a bit hit. How? the numbers mentioned for i20 are i guess both i20 and elite? How many are only for elite i20? can someone share?

...Surprisingly, with coming of Ciaz, Honda City has taken a beating ... now Maruti Ciaz has changed all the figures and scenario.
...Akash
... Interestingly,Ciaz has surpassed City...
Passing clouds. In the case of an interesting new car from a reputed Manufacturer, the clouds will last for may be 3 to 8 months. Considering the segment, 1.4L Petrol and 1.3L Diesel engine me dham nahi hai. Once buyers realise that, the Petrol heads will go back to City and the Diesel guys will look towards Verna. I expect Ciaz to settle down around 3K soon and 2.5K in the long run.

@350Z: Thanks a lot Vibhor. Your analysis and presentations are simple, neat, easy to read and understand. 5 Stars.

Big Boss 350zzz,
thanks for the comprehensive update.
just my 2 cents on the Nano Twist, with the launching of XE variant and the axing of CX & LX, things should look healthy in the coming months, 1st half of next year will be super exciting for this model.
regards
vinod

Good Data Vibhor. On the whole not a good festival month for Car manufacturers.

Maruti - As usual on the top of the sales chart and also occupying 6 positions in the top 10 selling models. But overall their sales show a disappointing numbers. Except for Ciaz, Ritz and Gypsy ([surprise]) all other models are showing negative growth numbers. More surprising is Swift and Dzire lower numbers. Still market sentiments yet to change for better. May be Swift refreshed version will bring in more numbers from November

Hyundai - Seems to be managing their portfolio better. They have launched new models and are maintaining their growth. Except for the top models, they have posted increased sales in all their lower end models. Drop in sales for i20 is surprising as it was reported Hyundai had managed 40,000 bookings - may be production constraint is showing up. Verna is going downhill and Hyundai desperately need an upgrade

Mahindra - Struggling with negative growth. Upgraded Scorpio might provide additional numbers in coming months

Honda - Are juggling with their product mix due to production constraint. City has ceded ground to Ciaz, but these are early numbers and we need to wait and watch. Including export they are producing above 90% installed capacity. With additional shift in their new plant, they might increase output in the coming months

Toyota - Corolla selling 4 digit number is great achievement for Toyota this month. Apart from that nothing to write about. Etios numbers are still disappointing

Tata - Zest showing healthy 3000+ numbers. But still a long way to go for Tata

VW and Skoda numbers indicate a muted response for updated version of Vento and Rapid. Skoda has been pushed to the bottom in manufacturing numbers.

Fiat had a good month due to 500+ Punto bulk order. Linea still doing lower numbers even though having better build, quality and features compared to competitors.

Ford, Renault and Nissan are surviving with one model show. Not expecting much change in coming two months as year end is nearing.

Last edited:
It's too early to judge the Ciaz Vs City race. My vote goes for the Ciaz though.
LUV at 5K whereas... Mobilio where?
A steady and gradual uprising by Tata. Seems like Zest making the magic. Sure to grow manifold after a few more good quality Horizonnext cars. Way to go TML!

Good statistical data regarding sales here. Intresting to see the Segment D1 and D2.
What is the reason for such low sale numbers of ford fiesta?
Looks like skoda and VW group are really Bad in A. S. S.
no response from people even after all the hype about facelift and DSG variant launch. Atleast now, skoda will learn how not to present the vehicle during launch event.
Good to see Indian car manufacturers making their own mark here with sales of Zest, Bolero, XUV500, etc
November sale statistics will be much more interesting.

What gives? Spend a fortune on adds and then sell 3-4000 cars a month-does that math make sense-ie is it breaking even/ the bank [confused]
The rest of the Tata sales including the Venture (not shown but is 42) seem to be gently going down; Why have an assembly line to sell 24 Aria?

Great upset most evident is Honda Mobilio 5329 (Sep) / 2985 (Oct), 43% decline. Is it a real decline or diff between retail & dealership deliveries.

Toyota also suffering due to unnecessary premium prices of Innova & Fortuner.
It's sad to see poor sales of Aria despite being a brilliant product & decent price.

Last edited:
Great upset most evident is Honda Mobilio 5329 (Sep) / 2985 (Oct), 43% decline. Is it a real decline or diff between retail & dealership deliveries.
It's not due to less demand, its due to less output. Mobilio is in demand despite being pricier then Ertiga. Recently I had gone to finalize a C segment car for my friend and I did check City, asked SE how's the Mobilio doing, he said that car is in demand and company isn't allotting cars as per demand. He also said there is minimum 2 months waiting for it. Now he cannot lie, because I am his customer.
In next month it might shoot up again. Lets wait.

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
October 2014: SIAM Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 1,991,669 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in October 2014 as against 2,088,003 in October 2013, registering a de-growth of (-)4.61 percent over the same month last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 2.30 percent in April-October 2014 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles segment, Passenger Cars and Utility Vehicles grew by 3.03 percent and 7.02 percent respectively, while Vans declined by (-) 15.62 percent in April-October 2014 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 9.14 percent in April-October 2014 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) grew by 1.94 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 14.24 percent.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 15.75 percent in April-October 2014 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers grew by 17.48 percent and 7.87 percent respectively in April-October 2014 over April-October 2013.

Two Wheelers sales registered growth of 12.86 percent in April-October 2014 over April-October 2013. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 28.45 percent, 7.97 percent and 9.58 percent respectively in April-October 2014 over April-October 2013.

Exports

In April-October 2014, overall automobile exports grew by 19.80 percent over the same period last year. Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers grew by 13.93 percent, 15.33 percent and 26.80 percent respectively while passenger vehicles declined marginally by (-) 0.06 percent during April-October 2014 over the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom