Maruti Suzuki Celerio Facelift Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
Reports are Maruti is testing a 'tweaked' AMT variant of the Celerio.
Speculated that the AMT could be tweaked to contain the jerkiness as seen in vehicles using AMT technology.
There is also another rumour that a Cross variant could be released as seen in the recent seen pics of the European varaint with cladding.
EU Variant
Suzuki-Celerio-front-three-quarters-view-at-the-2014-Paris-Motor-Show.jpg
For the indian spy pics refer below link.
GaadiWaadi.com(blog): Maruti Celerio AMT to get tweaked soon, spied with refreshed headlamp

Last edited:
Re: Celerio facelift or a New Variant - coming?

Might be a new Variant, facelift is too early for this car IMO. I think Maruti is making certain differentiation to it from regular Celerio. It might be Celerio Cross.

Or they might be testing the new diesel engine with AMT. Speculations are endless. We might wait for some more information to come from sources.

Re: Maruti Celerio Facelift or a New Variant - Coming?

I think its not a facelift version i can't find any changes except styling kits and alloys.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Going by the European Version of Maruti Celerio, I feel the car has immense character to be seen as a forthcoming "Diesel" version. I am not confident of the fact that in their ensemble portfolio of cars Maruti will add 2 cross segment vehicles i.e The S-Cross and "probable" Celerio cross. But definitely a diesel variant shall be a welcome move for the buyers by Maruti.

Also, the next big thing, to further spice up the Maruti Suzuki vehicles is the under-test 1.5 L engine. If this version of Celerio could be loaded with a 1.5 L engine with an AMT then it would be a definite game changer for Maruti in India.

I feel, to come-out with any major face-lift for Celerio, Maruti would be eyeing atleast 3 years from now.

Regards

Akash

It must be diesel amt. Or else they found some better way for improved FE as in alto k10

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear all,

Note: There is no official confirmation as on date that the under-test Celerio AMT shall come with a diesel engine. The tests are on but as the news will develop, I shall provide the feedback based on official feedback. Regarding the head-lamp upgrade on the same, the change might be there.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Reports on speculation of Maruti coming up with a 'Celerio Cross' are now on. Could be displayed in the upcoming Ato Expo 2016.

rendered image
Maruti-suzuki-celerio-Cross-orange1-1024x601.jpg

First shown at the Geneva Show(opening post) with the cladding and fibre skirts we strongly believe that the Celerio Cross could make its way to the Indian market.
The Maruti Celerio Cross will share its architecture and the technology from the same Celerio hatchback with a marginally twist in the length and width of the Celerio, expect ground clearance increased by 10-15mm by minor tweaks in its suspension.

The Maruti Celerio Cross is likely to be powered by Dualjet petrol engine, and will only be available through petrol MT version however hunch is never-ending. The new 3-cylinder DualJet engine is more powerful unit and comes with a higher compression ratio, twin fuel injector and Idling Stop system for improved fuel efficiency. Celerio’s Dual Jet delivers better fuel efficiency figure of 27.7 km/l in Euro Spec version.

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Maruti Celerio 2017 Coming Soon

The new Maruti Celerio 2017 is coming soon. This new version will be a facelift. It has been three years since the launch, hence Maruti has decided to launch a facelift. The New Maruti Celerio 2017 will be launched in 2017. The upgraded version of the Celerio will come as a refresh and is expected to come with new features. The Maruti Celerio 2017 will once again take on competition and will try be the best value in its segment .

The New Maruti Celerio 2017 will get some updates on its exterior. There will be a new front grille and there will be lots of chrome on it. The car will be getting new bumpers on the front and rear. There will be new fog lamps as well. The side profile will be the same and there will not be any major change. There will be a new set of alloy wheels on offers and the steel rims in lower variants will be getting new wheel covers.

The New Maruti Celerio 2017 will get updates on its dashboard. While the basic dashboard design will not change, there will be quite a few changes to its styling. The interior colour theme will also change. The dashboard will get new accents. There will be a touchscreen system on the top variant, however, the lower variants will get a regular audio system with bluetooth. This time, the Celerio 2017 will get better quality interior.

One local news paper says that this new launch will be expected in coming Diwali.!!

Read:

Last edited:
Re: New Maruti Celerio 2017 coming soon

so the competition is here[:)]

While maruti is gearing up with new version of celerio, its main competitor Tata Tiago is also in reports with updated version "Tiago-V2"[;)]

If that facelift is coming, I would like to have that cladding. Anyone knows how to procure one set? Tried almost all online sites. Nobody is selling one for Celerio. This will definitely look good for the car. The main reason is the 14 inch tires and the tire wall is big enough to fit it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Not many major changes on this facelift one..!

It comes with driver side Airbag & seat belt reminder as standard features but passenger side Airbags are optional.

But importantly, touchscreen infotainment system is missing which should have been much needed addition for a Rs. 5 lakh plus car.!!

Maruti has made just few cosmetic changes in the new Celerio and increased the price by 10k . I had booked one last month and cancelled it yesterday as I didnt find it worth spending more money for the facelift version. It's a good and reliable car no doubt, but even the vxi variant doesn't come with a music system . They should have made changes in variant features , removed the optional pack and added abs/ dual airbags as standard across all variants. Touch screen system in the top end would have helped too.

Celerio has been Trounced by TATA TIAGO by a huge margin. Celerio sold just 5k compared to 8k of TIAGO. Yesterday saw a family walking out of a new Skoda Octavia into a TATA showroom and booking a TIAGO. Shows that people have started watching TATA MOTORS. Positive outlook at TATA.

Meanwhile looks like MARUTI is missing a diesel engine which TIAGO is selling 30% of their sales. Their 2 pot diesel engine bombed badly.

Top Bottom