Fiat 500 Launch in India

Thread Starter #1
Fiat India is planning to re-launch its premium compact hatchback, the Fiat 500 (Cinquecento in Italian) over the coming months. The company plans to position the car more aggressively vis-a-vis its main rival the Volkswagen Beetle.

Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, CEO, Fiat India -
Retro cars with distinctive looks are a big hit and that’s what we would capture in our new campaign to be rolled out in a few months.
The move of the company to re-launch the car comes on the back of the Volkswagen Beetle having done exceedingly well in the market, leaving the Fiat 500 biting the dust. Volkswagen has sold 300 units of the Beetle since its launch last November while on the other hand Fiat has only managed to sell a meager 68 units of its 500 ever since the car was launched way back in July 2008.

The company is now looking to claw its way back into the premium segment of the hatchback market by re-launching the car at a more attractive price point along with an extensive list of customization options.

Mr. Kapoor Added -
We have a clear price advantage and will play it to our customers with various options for the product.
Source - Indian Autos Blog & Economic Times

Attachments

Looks like VW has done a wonder with Beetle, despite price and petrol. And the sales figure of 500 is terribly low. Now Fiat should bring Abarth 500.

The alloys of the second car is great, something unique.

I think 500 is already cheaper than beetle and selling better but it will be great if 500 comes anything under Rs.10 Lakhs!

Fiat 500 Test Drive

Hi Guys, long overdue report. Last August I had dental surgery which left me rotting at home for a week, so as a present to my wife and me (more me coz I needed to get out) we drove down to Ocean City in Maryland for 2 days. The car we rented, a 2013 Fiat 500. In the city this car is AWESOME, great power, small, easy to weave in and out of lanes, overtake and reasonable space considering its size, but thats the city, try to stretch its legs a little on the highway and it becomes a whole different beast, I felt completely opposite to the way I felt in the city. First, its noisy, ALOT of wind noise, with the huge sun roof open, pressure builds up in your ears so you have to shut it, it is also quite gutless, once you pass 75 mph, not much left to play with, best to be used in the middle lane, overtaking takes lots of checking and planning, got a decent 35 mpg average, but a big dodge charger gave me 27-28 mpg with infinitely more comfort, power and quietness. But the worst is how unsafe you feel on the highway, its light so very susceptible to heavy wind and steering corrections are a constant issue. The Mini would be a much much better car if you want to go small. The 500 is a cute car though, included some pics.

Attachments

Top Bottom