Old vs New: The Best Looking Maruti Alto K10?

Whose better: Old Alto K10 or New Alto K10

• Old

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Its time for us to share our thoughts on the upcoming Maruti Alto K10's latest and older version. Here is the pic of the exteriors and interiors of the 2 siblings. Choose the better one!

10271608_10152479760981234_9068258840199519511_n.jpg

10422962_10152479760986234_1303967991861126955_n.jpg

IAB

Looking forward to an exciting discussion!

Regards

Akash

Re: OLD or New: The Best Maruti ALTO K10?

Akash1886 said:
Choose the better one!
You mean the old one. I would say the new one is crap: The old one has a certain elegance, charm around it. New one looks something failed [frustration]. No offence to anyone.
But what are they getting by converting every great hatch into a tall-boy design? Looks so bad!

Although the old one looks more original and better, the new one has some modernity in it and very much better in quality and interiors. Also atleast 1 airbag is provided.
So my vote goes for the new one.

I like the car alto but I really dont like the look of either Alto K10 or Alto800.
But some how this new Alto K10 is acceptable for me except its roof design.
Better interior, more eco friendly and more spacious than the older k10.

Whats the crash test results of this new Alto k10.. Any improvement?[frustration]

Last edited:
For me it's Current exterior + New Interior! How should I vote now [confused]

Reason being, current gen K10's interiors were atleast 2 decades old (almost identical with Esteem / 1000 or Zen) and the new one with some modifications looks somewhat appealing.
Exteriors of upcoming K10 is resembling current alto 800 and the current gen K10 looks more matured.

Last edited:

Only one message to Maruti " please try to make cars, don't try to sell those SOAP CONTAINERS "
I think Maruti has earned enough money from Alto and now they want to finish it.
They are doing the same with Alto what they did to Zen. [frustration]
No matter what Maruti does with their cars still Alto remains in the top selling car bracket.:lol!: On lighter note I do not personally like Alto.

Last edited:

No matter what Maruti does with their cars still Alto remains in the top selling car bracket.:lol!: On lighter note I do not personally like Alto.
That's solely because of it's reliability and price(which no one else wish to compete). When I wanted an car for city use, my mind immediately thought of Alto due to it's smaller foot print, good mileage and less cost of ownership(And ofcourse, ease of driving in city traffic). Unless other manufacturers wake up and bring some car's in this bottom end, MS will remain selling 10k+ cars every month with no one to compete against.

That's solely because of it's reliability and price(which no one else wish to compete). When I wanted an car for city use, my mind immediately thought of Alto due to it's smaller foot print, good mileage and less cost of ownership(And ofcourse, ease of driving in city traffic). Unless other manufacturers wake up and bring some car's in this bottom end, MS will remain selling 10k+ cars every month with no one to compete against.
Yes I do agree with you. But part of this good selling is giving by the ship-minded people who bought the vehicle only some one in their family or their neighbour have that car. Neither they drove it but listen good reviews some really extra ordinary like me came to know getting 26kmpl with alto 800. One more thing its maruti that's enough.

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I feel Maruti is somewhat going on the lines of Hyundai. As Hyundai has made all its recent cars with Fluidic concept, similarly Maruti is trying to combine the Celerio's shape and clues from Alto 800 to come out with something "new" in the name of Alto. To be honest, In reality the car's front end wont look nice. And may be I am not as qualified as Maruti's Design team but one concept cannot gel on every car. Hatchbacks form a major market in India and Maruti is the top player so with decades of experience and bringing out a "face-lift" of a established model, they should have been rather more precise in designing the exteriors because if it doesn't appeal from outside then probably it will see a tough competition.

Rest when I get hold of one, I'll further share my views.

Regards

Akash

I voted for the old Alto K10. It certainly feels more mature and grown-up design, unlike the new one, which simply looks like an Alto 800 Facelift.

There is no reason to turn every car into a tall boy for Maruti. It does increase headroom by some inches but you'll lose the composed stance, handling and dynamics of the car! Now that Alto 800 is doing good numbers, Maruti should have played safe by keeping the changes in the Alto K10 to mechanical parts (introduce AMT) and interiors (different dashboard design, color tones). An idea of a diesel power plant would also be good. If possible, it would be the cheapest diesel car and a best-selling one at that!

The new model resembles the Alto 800 very obviously and I strongly feel that it would be a market dud (like the Zen Estilo) or it would kill the sales of Alto 800 (if it is priced closely).

Last edited by a moderator:
The new model resembles the Alto 800 very obviously and I strongly feel that it would be a market dud (like the Celerio) or it would kill the sales of Alto 800 (if it is priced closely).
How do you say the Celerio is a market dud?
AutocarIndia claims that the Celerio is one among the top-10 selling cars in India!
I see at least 10 Celerios everyday on the roads!

Last edited:

Top Bottom