War of Cross: Avventura Vs Polo Vs Etios

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Within next couple of days Fiat shall be rolling out the much awaited Fiat Avventura. It is one of the most anticipated vehicle and shall further spice up the competition in the "Cross" segment which at present has the VW Polo Cross and the Etios Cross from Toyota.

Here is a small comparison of various dimensions of these 3 major vehicles.

10671301_10152461101711234_3285956371070308141_n.jpg

So, based on the above sheet of details, do you all think Avventura can live up to the expectations? Will it be able to grab the demands and outsell Etios Cross and Polo Cross?

Lets have some discussion on it!

Pic

Regards

Akash

Re: War of Cross: Avventura Vs Polo Vs Etios.

Even if the Avventura is a million times better than the other two, it simply wont sell because it is a FIAT.

AMG

Suspended

Why not the Ford in the list.

It is also sub 4 meters.

Even if the Avventura is a million times better than the other two, it simply wont sell because it is a FIAT.
Well, keeping aside the snide remarks on brands which dont help the discussion, I think the Avventura is a very competent product especially against the Polo/Etios Cross. It most definitely is quite solidly built and with its 205mm GC, is capable of doing well in our Indian conditions, as most Fiat (Punto/Linea) anyway do. In fact, it is quite a match to the Ecosport as well,especially in the diesel powertrain avatar. While the Ecosport has more in-cabin features and slightly more boot space, the Avventura has really usable roof-rails which you can install carriers/Thule box etc.
And it is not meant for those who will crib about lack of useless features like touchscreen navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio etc.
I'd say the Avventura MJD is rugged, no-nonsense and reliable as hell. Yes, Fiats ARE reliable cars, no matter what the" kitna-deti-hai janata" may yammer on about.

AMG

Suspended

What the heck am I supposed to do with 205 mm of GC if I cant take it off road?
And it doesnt even handle as well as the hatch because of higher CoG.

Lose-Lose situation

And it doesnt even handle as well as the hatch because of higher CoG.

Lose-Lose situation
None of these cars such as Ecosport, Etios Cross, Polo Cross or Avventura are meant to be "Off Roaders" in the truest sense of the word. Not even the AWD Duster or XUV for that matter. We are talking about the urban bad roads, speed breakers, and village/country roads. Not mud, slush, rocks or river crossings.

And if reports are to be believed, the Avventura handling is still quite sharp considering the higher GC. Even Fiat knows better than to tamper with their USP.

AMG

Suspended

Quite sharp as compared to what?

And urban roads blah blah blah, a tata nano and maruti 800 can do Leh. Roads dont get worse than that.

These are a pointless excersise.
Only for wannabes who want something butch looking, but either cant afford to buy a 4x4 or to run it, or probably both.

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I feel Fiat is a respectable brand and does have a good road presence too. People do vouch for the Linea MJ and Palio and the Punto. They are actually reliable and sturdy vehicles by Fiat. As far as the new Avventura is concerned, I feel Fiat will definitely look for gaining the base for it in the market since the competition is not much. With the stats that are provided, I feel Avventura can definitely prove to be tough competitor.

Regards

Akash

Avventura seems good. Main point: Even with only a 1.3 motor, it makes 93 PS, more than the others, with a lower-by-notch torque.

I think that the Etios Cross also comes with a fantastic 1.5l petrol engine which was also offered on the TRD Sportivo.

It won't sell because it is a fiat is a misconception. The reason behind low sales of fiat are many. Just to list a few, though their cars are reliable I haven't read a single ownership review of a Punto or a Linea that hasn't had its shares of niggles(like AC not working, oil leaking etc.), low number of showrooms and workshops, low mileage, sluggish engines etc. If it was not for low number of showrooms and workshops, my ownership thread would have pictured a Linea T-Jet (not surely because the City has won many hearts in my family from a long ago, but still the Linea came as a close second and my father was totally on the favour of Linea without even TDing one!!).
The Avventura is competing against the Cross Polo (which IMO looks very good, good build quality, good engine and a etios cross with a 1.5l wonderful petrol heart!

Of the three Avventura has the most character. It looks beautiful for me atleast.
Of the three I believe FIAT will sell more as they are marketing it better than the other two.

do you all think Avventura can live up to the expectations?
it simply wont sell because it is a FIAT.
Well said Raj.
Why not the Ford in the list. It is also sub 4 meters.
IIRC Ford didn't categorized their product as Cross Over and that's why they are out of the list
205mm GC is for the one who needs. Someone who don't need it, they have other choice of vehicle
Quite sharp as compared to what?
Compared to the one which isn't sharp.
a tata nano and maruti 800 can do Leh. Roads dont get worse than that.
Agreed, but how comfortably?

I think that the Etios Cross also comes with a fantastic 1.5l petrol engine which was also offered on the TRD Sportivo.

It won't sell because it is a fiat is a misconception. The reason behind low sales of fiat are many. Just to list a few, though their cars are reliable I haven't read a single ownership review of a Punto or a Linea that hasn't had its shares of niggles(like AC not working, oil leaking etc.),
Which car is totally niggle-free ? Even the vaunted Honda/Toyota/Hyundais or VWs have plenty of niggles, serious problems. Toyota is forever recalling vehicles for issues that are not "niggles" but more serious stuff like airbags/ braking problems.
Yes, Fiat has made some stupid mistakes in the past. But that does not take away the fact that their products are well engineered, reliable. Unfortunately the company does not even try to make huge efforts to improve brand perception. They are already doing better in terms of after-sales. I have had the most cost effective ownership of my Linea T-Jet. The FASS folks at my place do not charge a single rupee more than they should , under the guise of some or the other technicality.

Its just that people brought up under the kitna-deti-hai hype have no opportunity to check out other cars, nor does Fiat (the company) make copious efforts in that regard. And for the record, the more popular versions of the kitna-deti-hai cars run Fiat engines.

Last edited:
Of the three mentioned, it is the Avventura that is much of a crossover between a hatch and a UV.

Avventura, unlike the other two isn't just adding some side cladding, stickers and new wheels but is a lot more than what meets he eye. It gets a different suspension tune with higher GC, rear anti roll bar and a lot more such cues.

Top Bottom