Nissan September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen September 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Drive Safe,
350Z

How much the celebrations season impact auto sales? May be October month sales may give details.

Toyota Fortuner Sales are consistently growing. [clap]
Mitsubishi Pajero Sports sale showing zero. Details are missing or not updated the data?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vibhor, Excellent and precise figures you have shared. It is impressive to see that Maruti retained the top position once again. The top 4 places in top-10 vehicles sold is taken up by Maruti. All the more I am surprised of the fact that still Maruti Omni is being sold.

The figures of Ciaz that you have shared above i.e 1375, are they indicating the bookings for September 2014?

Also, it is a surprise that even after the Toyota plant had been closed for a long time, the sales figures for them have increased.

Thanks for sharing. Great effort Vibhor!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thank you 350Z for the statistics.

Surprised to see number 0 for Pajero and Koleos but 7 for overly priced and highly unreliable Captiva. Good luck for those 7 people as their vehicle will be valued at 20-25 % of the purchase price in 3-4 years ( please check values of Captiva in used market)

New Santafe seems to be picking up in spite of high pricing- perhaps due to its design.

Increasing Fortuner numbers show that in life things does not necessarily follow logic- Boat engine , old style body, and expensive price tag etc but Indians love it. Not surprisingly, Toyota does not sell Fortuner in western world in the form of SUV as it will damage their reputation.

Last edited:
I eagerly wait for sales figures after beginning on new month, & watch sales figures of my preferred vehicles.

Rexton sales has dropped to two figures per month [embarass].
But how come Pajero Sports is only 0 [confused]??

Thanks Vibhor for excellent & timely statistics.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the analysis . If we look at the last few months the top 4 positions always been shared by Swift, Dzire, WagonR and Alto and Maruti happily leading the charts without introducing any new models and kudos to Maruti for their wide ASS and proven reliability and prospective buyer always has one model in Maruti that fits his budget and requirements.

Who is still buying the Maruti Omni? [thinking]I thought it had been discontinued long back!
Omni not discontinued and still been bought by many for schools, local courier/cargo companies and also for small businesses.

Noticed the slip in Amaze,Xcent and Dzire sales MoM.
Zest effect..?[;)]
Amaze sales got the worst hit because people would have opted for Elite i20 instead of Amaze/Other Compact Sedans.

Last edited:
Ertiga edges the Mobilio in September sales. Sales of Mobilio will have a downward trend as the launch hype subsides.

Good job done 350Z.[clap]
I noticed some facts.
Datsun didn't get it right. Very sad. 1000 odd cars in a month? Can't imagine if they were not sharing platform ! Maruti got it right with 6 cars. Celereo is not performing well, instead Wagon R is out performing Celereo.[surprise]

Good job done 350Z.[clap]
I noticed some facts.
Datsun didn't get it right. Very sad. 1000 odd cars in a month? Can't imagine if they were not sharing platform ! Maruti got it right with 6 cars. Celereo is not performing well, instead Wagon R is out performing Celereo.[surprise]
I guess its not the capability of the vehicle but the brand value.

Look at the Compact Sedan sales figures

Compact Sedans,
Xcent 4481
Dezire 18185 (9% increase Y-o-Y, but decline of 5% m-o-m)
Amaze 3848
Zest 3331

By no means any ofthe vehicles are less competent but the figures tell Dzire is way too good a car than the rest.

I guess its not the capability of the vehicle but the brand value.

Look at the Compact Sedan sales figures

Compact Sedans,
Xcent 4481
Dezire 18185 (9% increase Y-o-Y, but decline of 5% m-o-m)
Amaze 3848
Zest 3331

By no means any ofthe vehicles are less competent but the figures tell Dzire is way too good a car than the rest.
Dzire sells more because Maruti has more number of dealerships then Hyundai, Tata, Honda. Xcent engines are its weak points, Zest lacks Brand Image, Amaze has boring interiors. Apart from these I don't find any faults in these cars.
While majority might not prefer or look at other brands apart from Maruti, while people who have owned other brands will looks at various cars while upgrading.
Our Neighbour has bought a White Dzire VDi. I asked him whether he checked Hyundai Xcent, he replied "It has been stopped long back, now they only have Verna", I was speechless after that. I Congratulated him and wished him trouble free ownership experience. Now, majority of Indians are like him with no or very little knowledge. We cant do anything for that. Its the guys like him who contribute to sales of Maruti Cars without looking at other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom