• NEW wine is tasty

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • OLD is gold

Votes: 26 41.3%

• Total voters

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Looks : New Scorpio Vs Old Scorpio

Brilliant thought TheMotorRomeo; This is the right time to start this thread. My family has owned the 1st gen Scorpio and then we exchanged it for the face-lifted Scorpio which has tall tail lamps. As far as the looks go, I feel this is a wrong move. When I saw the teaser earlier with those DRLs, I thought we are in for a pleasant surprise but the actual pictures are an eye-sore.

Before buying my Honda City Ivtec, my maternal uncle told me to consider Scorpio as he too was buying one and was totally crazy for the previous generation M-Hawk Scorpio just because of it's looks after watching the movie Singham in 2011.

This one can never fit in the boots of the old Scorpio. The older Scorpio was legend in it's own right. A beautiful design, original design and an actual sober yet powerful SUV at a good price.

TheMotorRomeo; you bought out my suppressed thoughts about the old Scorpio. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Re: Looks : New Scorpio Vs Old Scorpio

Brilliant thought TheMotorRomeo; This is the right time to start this thread. My family has owned the 1st gen Scorpio and then we exchanged it for the face-lifted Scorpio which has tall tail lamps. As far as the looks go, I feel this is a wrong move. When I saw the teaser earlier with those DRLs, I thought we are in for a pleasant surprise but the actual pictures are an eye-sore.

Before buying my Honda City Ivtec, my maternal uncle told me to consider Scorpio as he too was buying one and was totally crazy for the previous generation M-Hawk Scorpio just because of it's looks after watching the movie Singham in 2011.

This one can never fit in the boots of the old Scorpio. The older Scorpio was legend in it's own right. A beautiful design, original design and an actual sober yet powerful SUV at a good price.

TheMotorRomeo; you bought out my suppressed thoughts about the old Scorpio. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Akash

The new advetisement really makes you feel that something thrilling is going to happen[:)]
True - The first gen of MPVs/SUVs were legends : Scorpio, Bolero, Safari ....

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The new Scorpio shall be launched tomorrow. There wont be any major structural changes in the basic design or technical/ mechanical features overnight. At the max, we shall be having a body colored front grill, alloys and few add-ons (if at all).

Surely, this thread could have been started even tomorrow, but since we have non-camouflaged pics of the car so based on that the discussion here is pretty much valid.

In case, the thread's intent appears to be jumping a line, moderators can lock the thread for next 24 hours till the launch takes place.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10
Sorry guys in case I dissappointed you to start this thread a bit early.
Anyways, matter of hours only now.

Do vote tomorrow.
I am just excited to know the public reaction.

I personally hope to see the new one looking better than my current ride.
With the body colored cladding, the silver coated bits, the chrome inserts on the grill + DRLs, the new one in 'black' should not be any less than a killer.

Though a subjective affair, will definitely vote but only after a couple of days.

Have voted for the new one,
it looks up market and try to be better than the looks of the modern SUV's in its segment,

my inner instinct says if you look at the new one on direct it looks great, but not on a picture

Thread Starter #14
Have voted for the new one,
it looks up market and try to be better than the looks of the modern SUV's in its segment,

my inner instinct says if you look at the new one on direct it looks great, but not on a picture
Launch few hours away now.
Voting is gonna spruce up !!! [clap]

Top Bottom