Chevrolet Provides a Mild Update To Sail U-VA and Sedan

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
In 2 days from now, the world of elegance inside Chevrolet’s New Cars takes a notch up with an Icy Blue Illumination in Audio & Instrument Cluster, Backlit Power Window Switches and a Golden Bowtie on Steering Wheel. Watch this space for more!
Source: Chevrolet India Facebook page.

STAY AHEAD OF THE REST
Chevrolet's new drives embody the bold, pioneering spirit and ingenuity, which has come the hallmark of Chevrolet. Stylish and classy, these cars are artistically sculpted with muscular contours. Packed with advanced safety features, superior boot space, luxuriously spacious interiors, and powerful and efficient powertrain options, these new cars will set you on the path to conquer life! And here's your chance to be amongst the first to know!
Chevrolet India - Be the first to know

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Chevrolet to launch "something new" in the next 2 days!!

Its actually the Sail Twins with minor cosmetic upgrades and the hatchback won't be having the U-VA branding now.

Chevrolet-Sail-Sedan-India.jpg

IMG_6410-1024x683.jpg

IAB

Regards

Akash

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope these cars wont be like the previous ones with 3 major complaints:

1. Fuel pump failure
2. Water inside the cabin -under front driver and passenger foot space
3. Failure to service these issues with professionalism

Saw the news item of Sail Sedan / Hatchback launch. Frankly speaking, nothing much to write about. Another boring so called facelift. Don't think it will do anything to Sail's sales numbers.

Was seriously hoping they would improve the interiors but as i said "Nothing to write about" [frustration]

IMO Chevy should now concenrate on getting few more models keeping the existing one. They are good ones when comes to pricing but recent news of callingback Sail has hampered there market confidence. If this continues for few more months I guess they will have to forget about India as a market for them

Akash1886

Honoured Member

recent news of callingback Sail has hampered there market confidence. If this continues for few more months I guess they will have to forget about India as a market for them
Very correct. The recalls have become synonymous with GM. Today people think before buying their cars. This has also hampered sales of successful GM models like Beat and Cruze.

Frankly speaking, nothing much to write about. Another boring so called facelift. Don't think it will do anything to Sail's sales numbers. Was seriously hoping they would improve the interiors but as i said "Nothing to write about"
Absolutely right. Cosmetic changes wont be of any help until the core issues are addressed by GM. As for the design, they could have taken design cues from other contenders in the concerned segments.

Hope these cars wont be like the previous ones with 3 major complaints:
3. Failure to service these issues with professionalism
I agree with you on this. Having owned an Optra for 1.5 years, I have had a harrowing experience with Chevrolet ASCs in Delhi-NCR. It is nothing less than a uphill task to maintain a Chevrolet Sedan at least.

How will these 2 survive in the market is yet to be seen. However, I am eager to know when the Cruze face-lift shall come here and hope they don't destroy it. The Chinese Variant of the Cruze is really boring and has killed the essence of the original Cruze.

Regards

Akash

350Z

Core Team

General Motors has now introduced a revised version of Sail twins which incorporates mild tweaks inside out. Some of them are as follows:

> Foglamps Chrome Garnish

> New Leatherette Upholstery

> Ice Blue Illuminated Instrument Cluster

> Silver and Chrome Finish on Dashboard

> Dual DIN Bluetooth Compatible Head Unit

The Sail U-VA is priced between Rs.4.41 and Rs 6.81 Lakh while the Sail sedan is priced between Rs.5.19 and Rs.7.64 Lakh (Ex-showroom, New Delhi).

Both the cars will continue to be offered with the current set of engine options. Full specifications can be found these links:

> Chevrolet Sail U-VA Price & Specifications

> Chevrolet Sail Sedan Price & Specifications

New SAIL Hatchback.jpg

New SAIL Sedan.jpg

SAIL_New Interior.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes.. they are launching the Today in our city. I heard it is mostly interiors with some subtle changes. The important is the rear and front seats are receiving a resting arm stage!! But not any changes to the mechanical side.

Hope the UVa brand name removing bring back more customers for the hatchback sedan.

Top Bottom